User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

What was the best part of your day?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
What was the best part of your day?
Freewell

2007-11-23, 11:34

So another Thanksgiving has come and gone, never to be recaptured... So, what was the best part of your day?

For me, it was doing all the extra little things to make it as close to perfect for my family as possible. From making pumpkin pancakes for breakfast, to my husband's favorite cheesecake for dessert... I had such fun making it a special day for them! Also, getting to see our little girl have her first Thanksgiving meal (She was still on milk only last year.) and eat it like a big girl... She was soo excited!

So, what is your favorite memory of the day?
AWR
Veteran Member

2007-11-23, 11:48

I had to work, and my wife as well (although on Thursdays she works from home). We have been too busy to really sort anything out for a weeknight, so it was kind of going to slide by.

When I got home last night, to my happy surprise, the table was beautifully set and the house smelled like Thanksgiving. A bird (big chicken, really) was roasting in the oven, mashed potatoes, squash, peas, gravy, cranberry sauce were in the final stages. It was fantastic, and the first Thanksgiving I've spent with just the small family (i.e., no other family or friends). The 4 and 6 year-old boys dug in with gusto, both reciting all of the Thanksgiving facts that they have in their little heads. All this arranged by my lovely wife, who happens to be from Spain, but who learned to love Thanksgiving from our years in the States.

Nice.
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2007-11-23, 15:40

I got up, went to work for 11 hours, came home, and was in bed within the hour. I did the same before, and I might stay up for a little longer tonight. There was no highlight. But then, I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, unless in the company of one of my American friends. Heh.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-11-23, 17:13

So it sounds like you (furball) didn't have a best part of the day. At least you woke up breathing.

I would say my best part was being with my family with nothing that had to happen other than relax with my family. We made no road trip and no visits locally either. We just got to enjoy a great day together with neither my wife or me having to work. It was wonderful.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2007-11-24, 12:19

I worked on Thanksgiving, a 24 hour shift. We were up all night, I was tired.

However, one of the hotels in town sent us a ton of food, it was really nice of them. Two huge turkeys, a ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, and pies. We ate really well

Come waste your time with me
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2007-11-24, 12:51

Me, watching my nine year old niece pour several tablespoons of lemon juice into a glass of water to make 'lemonade': "Gee hon, I don't think you have nearly enough lemon juice in there..."

Her: *pours another 1/4 cup in*

Me: "Um... let me introduce you to the word 'sarcasm'..."

After enough sugar to send a diabetic to the hospital was added, she forgave me. Mostly.
Freewell

2007-11-24, 15:06

I can soo see you doing that too, and laughing coyly to yourself all the while! I bet your the type that blames certain things on the poor unsuspecting dog while you're at it too!
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2007-11-24, 15:24

*lol* Naw, dogs have it bad enough.

But yeah, I was chuckling a lot. She's getting a real evil streak, and she knows it. "I'm eeeeeeeevil." I figure she's gotta master sarcasm to pull off evil well, right?

The last trip down we had a discussion about how to avoid getting yelled at for sticking your finger in the frosting on the cake. Hint: watch the adults, do what they do, and snag the frosting left behind after a piece is served. That's up for grabs.

Ah, the corruption of youth. Is there anything more heart-warming?
Naderfan
Queen of Confrontation

2007-11-24, 18:31

I made Thanksgiving dinner for the first time this year and everything turned out well. It was just me and my husband, but it was really nice.
Partial
Stallion

2007-11-24, 20:11

The 20 consecutive completions by Brett Favre.
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2007-11-24, 22:56

Turkey, beer, football, friends - that was all well and good, but the best part was getting up at 5am to go and meet my friends and have a spirited drive through the Angeles National Forest.
It's an annual event and this was the best one yet.

Last edited by NosferaDrew : 2007-11-24 at 23:58.