2007-03-28, 06:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
FOOL!

I mean… welcome.
Thanks.
rampancy

2007-03-30, 10:45

Thanks, chucker, for Twittereze. What I'm unclear about is if you'll be able to update it to work with the latest beta of Twitterific (or if some of the new beta's features overlaps with Twittereze).

"The things that will destroy us are: politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice."
- Mahatma Gandhi
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-03-30, 10:47

The Twittereeze 2.0 betas cover almost everything relevant that Twittereeze did, so I probably won't be updating it any more.

Thanks for the support, though… it was fun while it lasted.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2007-03-30, 11:07

I'm *still* trying to figure out how to work it (before ever thinking about signing up).... is it REALLY contained to a region or is that something that you can set/change?

Can I make a list of specific friends and blast them with private messages or is it always public?

For instance, if I wanted to hook up with Murray and you guys for beers to celebrate bot-for-a-day Day would I shoot out a Tweet that says "Anybody want to meet at the pub at 7pm"? Assuming that you were all in my town for the Final Four, would that message stay in the Atlanta area? If so, what range? Why would people (say Pscates, who loathes basketball, living up in Tennessee) care, since he couldn't make it there in time?

For me to use it, the app would have to have some controls as to the quality of the broadcast. It could be a very hand tool for team-like businesses.

What is the differentiator between Tweeter and multiple recipient emails sent via mobile devices?

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2007-12-24, 12:04

So who still uses twitter? I want my tweet feed to include people besides Chucker
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-12-24, 12:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
I'm *still* trying to figure out how to work it (before ever thinking about signing up).... is it REALLY contained to a region or is that something that you can set/change?

Can I make a list of specific friends and blast them with private messages or is it always public?
You can:
1) set your account to publish normal messages to everyone, or only to people you have approved.
2) send private messages to one person in particular.
3) address someone (and have them get notified about it) but let everyone else read it, too.

Quote:
For instance, if I wanted to hook up with Murray and you guys for beers to celebrate bot-for-a-day Day would I shoot out a Tweet that says "Anybody want to meet at the pub at 7pm"?
Sure, why not.

Quote:
Assuming that you were all in my town for the Final Four, would that message stay in the Atlanta area?
Nope. Twitter isn't location-based in that sense. There are services that do this (e.g. Dodgeball), but Twitter is more of a shout-out service in general. If people care about what you have to say, they'll follow you; otherwise, they won't.

Quote:
What is the differentiator between Tweeter and multiple recipient emails sent via mobile devices?
The fact that you normally don't explicitly address anyone in Twitter.
SpecMode
Wait what

2007-12-25, 15:17

http://twitter.com/SpecMode

Updated sporadically, but at least more often than my "regular" blog.
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2007-12-25, 17:46

http://www.twitter.com/ebby
not that I use it much, but it has its perks.
ps: posted on a new iPod touch
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-12-25, 19:42

So now I have a twitter account too. My user name there is turtle2472.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-12-25, 22:01

Wow, so now I've set up my Twitter account with my GTalk and it works well with Adium. Who knows, maybe I'll keep more up to date with this Twitter thing.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
BlueRabbit
Veteran Member

2007-12-25, 23:15

I just signed up as well - it seems like it might be useful one of these days.

http://twitter.com/enguy
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2007-12-30, 22:45

I signed up too. www.twitter.com/sbanawan
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2008-07-07, 21:51

Over the last month or so I've given in and started to use Twitter (tweets). I started using it for your typical status updates but have come to much more enjoy using Twitter as a means of communication and source of hilarity. Favrd has become one of my favorite sites on the interwebs. I clicked on most everyone's Twitter links here and see that most of you have given up. Anyone out there still 'tweeting'?

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter
chucker

2008-07-07, 21:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcfsu View Post
Anyone out there still 'tweeting'?
Me. It's one of my most important means of communication.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2008-07-07, 22:04

I would be using it more often but for some reason it only shows offline in Adium. That's where most of my updates come since I normally have it open anyway.

Any ideas why it stopped working? I've been following chucker and SpecMode mostly. They are the only one's who update regularly from who I follow.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2008-07-07, 22:04

None of my "IRL friends" do it so there's no reason for me to. I'm a fad-fiend, so I'd like to

oh. It's too slow, too.
chucker

2008-07-07, 22:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472 View Post
I would be using it more often but for some reason it only shows offline in Adium. That's where most of my updates come since I normally have it open anyway.

Any ideas why it stopped working? I've been following chucker and SpecMode mostly. They are the only one's who update regularly from who I follow.
Twitter IM functionality has been down for a while for maintenance reasons. They're trying to increase reliability of their core services before bringing IM back up.

http://status.twitter.com/
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2008-07-07, 22:07

Quote:
ny ideas why it stopped working? I've been following chucker and SpecMode mostly. They are the only one's who update regularly from who I follow.
From what I understand they took IM interaction offline awhile back because their servers couldn't handle it. http://status.twitter.com/ has the IM in red but there is another downtime scheduled for tonight that I guess will move them towards getting it back online.

Website | Twitter
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2008-07-07, 22:47

Those of you that like Twitter should check out FriendFeed.

It's an aggregator of a bunch of services like Twitter, Pownce, Upcoming, Flickr, del.icio.us, furl, LinkedIn, etc.

It compliments my short attention span.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2008-07-07, 23:06

I just signed up for it.

Meant to do it awhile ago, but never got around to it.

Here's me.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2008-07-07, 23:12

Looks like I'll have to work something out. Isn't there an app just for Twitter that I can run until the IM feed works right?
chucker

2008-07-07, 23:32

Quote:
Looks like I'll have to work something out. Isn't there an app just for Twitter that I can run until the IM feed works right?
Apps like Twitterrific do that.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2008-07-08, 19:09

Ok, so after reading another thread, I decided to try twitter.

I am using Twitteriffic and Mobile Twitter on my iPhone. I like it so far, but I don't have that many people to follow.

I'd like to add some more people.

Here's my Twitter page

I have some people that I'm following already, but I feel as if I don't have a whole lot.

Anybody want to add me? Please?

plz.thanx.bye

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
Swox
OK Mr. Sunshine!

2008-07-08, 20:51

I just looked at your page, and I'm curious: what motivates someone to do that? It's not that I think it's totally insane or anything, I just don't get it (but then, I'm the guy who found Facebook to be too invasive).

Do not be oppressed by the forces of ignorance and delusion! But rise up now with resolve and courage! Entranced by ignorance, from beginningless time until now, You have had more than enough time to sleep. So do not slumber any longer, but strive after virtue with body, speech, and mind!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2008-07-08, 21:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swox View Post
I just looked at your page, and I'm curious: what motivates someone to do that? It's not that I think it's totally insane or anything, I just don't get it (but then, I'm the guy who found Facebook to be too invasive).
Cam whores who can't afford the bandwidth.

BlueRabbit
Veteran Member

2008-07-08, 21:05

I still use Twitter occasionally (link). I don't do the whole text-messaging thing, so I only update it from my computer, where not much interesting stuff happens. Maybe once I finally get an iPod touch via the back-to-school rebate I'll twitter more.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2008-07-08, 21:14

i've probably posted it here before, but here tis again

http://twitter.com/rofltosh
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2008-07-08, 21:22

I'd use Twitter more often if IM was back up and running. Is there a way I can send a text message update too?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2008-07-08, 21:26

Threads merged!
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2008-07-08, 21:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472
I'd use Twitter more often if IM was back up and running. Is there a way I can send a text message update too?
You can text to 40404 to send updates via txt. Depending on what your phone is there is a mobile version of Twitter and a great iPhone version (www.hahlo.com).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosferaDrew View Post
Those of you that like Twitter should check out FriendFeed.
I tried that for two days and can't see the purpose of it. It's all jumbled, the site design is almost worse than a typical MySpace page, and it's the biggest information overload I've seen on the interwebs in a long time.

Website | Twitter