User Name
Password

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Adium
xionja

2004-10-28, 19:34

So, I switched from the AOL messenger program to Adium, (thank god)

but adium seems to have a bug on my computer. I have a g4 iMac with Panther on it, and Adium always says that I'm 145 hours idle.

I'm not idle when I first sign on, but within 30-60 seconds i'm 145 hours idle. I can 'remove idle' but within a little it lists me as 6 days idle again.

If I set a manual idle, it will count correctly, but I can't seem to be not idle at all.

Any suggestions? my screen name is xionja, if that will help you figure out whats going on. Does this happen to anyone else?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-10-28, 22:45

Whoa! How very strange.

I always disable the idle function; so, I can't help you with troubleshooting there. However, I can direct you to the official Adium forums. The developers there are usually friendly and very helpful and if you're extra nice they can usually get your bug fixed in the source within a couple days.

Official Adium Forums

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-10-30, 12:27

Hate to hijack the thread, especially because I don't have an answer. But Brad, how do you disable the idle? I don't want people to know when I'm idle or not and I can't figure out how to do this. Thanks.

Come waste your time with me
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-10-30, 12:30

Tsk, tsk. Is the Preferences window that hard to navigate?

Preferences: Status: Idle: uncheck "Idle after x minutes of inactivity."

By the way, there's supposed to be a major update to the whole way you set your status/away/idle coming in 0.8. There's no promise from the developers, but that's one of the planned items on the agenda like the Contact List was for 0.7.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.