AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: 1.15 - Bees!!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: 1.15 - Bees!!
Page 1 of 5 [1] 2 3 4 5  Next Thread Tools
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-08-22, 14:46

No official news, as far as I've seen, but I just started seeing a mountain of images like this on the social media today:

Spoiler (click to toggle):

HE'S ADORABLE. (✿ಥ‿ಥ)

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-08-22, 15:27

Oh, deer.

There have to be hives. There just HAVE to be!

oh, and honey, because we all need barrels and barrels full of sticky sweet stuff.
¡Damned!

2019-08-22, 16:25

Please let this mean there will be more than one* bear type. The pandas are cute and all but I want some angry honey-stealers!

*d'oh! Forgot about polar bears. Still, we need some scary daytime wildlife in the game.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2019-08-23 at 09:09.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-08-22, 17:10

Seriously, hives would be fun! Coming across one and, I don't know, SWARMS!!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-08-22, 17:46

Normally I keep myself in the dark and avoid news of the weekly builds, but this one was just impossible for me not to run into.

Yes, there are bee hives.

No idea about bears, but I sure hope so!!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-08-22, 18:53

I wonder what the hive trigger will be? Bump a tree, get too close, travel with Drew?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-08-23, 09:05

That is a cool update! Bears would be cool to see roaming in the woods. Need lots of leather from killing them though.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2019-08-23, 23:11

I'M COVERED IN BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!

::runs across frame flailing arms over head::

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2019-08-24, 23:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
That is a cool update! Bears would be cool to see roaming in the woods. Need lots of leather from killing them though.
Jeez, there's already enough people out to kill us. Was it seriously all for our leather? Buy your own!
Dr. Bobsky

2019-08-26, 06:21

I still think there's room for a deep ocean mob that drags you under.

The bees are adorable though and might make up for the fact that modded bees are obnoxious, painful, and rarely ever worth the time...
¡Damned!

2019-11-12, 20:14

When 1.15 happens it might be fun to have a Creative Day like back in the old times. Purely selfish* reasons on my part, but those rare days really did pull people out of the woodwork. Would be nice for those out there lurking to grab a few tools and whatnot free of charge. Ken could grab gold or iron or whatever it is cave trolls hoard.

*Bee farms are hard as fuck.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-11-12, 20:27

Glowstone. It’s glowstone, silly!

¡Damned!

2019-12-10, 14:36

1.15 is officially out! Just a few new goodies but lots and lots of bug/performance fixes.

Should proceed with caution, wait for OptiFine, yada yada. Probably no reason to trim the world before upgrading either as it's still pretty small (compared to previous worlds).

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2019-12-10, 16:08

• Fireworks dispensed from a dispenser now travel in the direction they were fired

OK, now I can finish Godzilla. That was the only thing really holding me up.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-10, 18:47

Yeah, about the same time I finish the Stadium, the Castle, Tall Town, the caverns, my new house, ………

drewprops
Space Pirate

2019-12-10, 21:41

Be sure to schedule it on a good night!!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-12-16, 20:00

FWIW, there were more resource pack changes with 1.15 that make old packs incompatible again. I think I've nailed down most of the issues in my AppleNova pack, but the most annoying thing that I'm still working on is that the texture files for chests have been completely rearranged. I'm actually using this as an opportunity to revamp the chest textures, too. I should have an update posted for anyone wanting to try 1.15 offline with my pack in a couple days.

As for our server…
Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Should proceed with caution, wait for OptiFine, yada yada. Probably no reason to trim the world before upgrading either as it's still pretty small (compared to previous worlds).
Agreed! And…
Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
When 1.15 happens it might be fun to have a Creative Day like back in the old times. Purely selfish* reasons on my part, but those rare days really did pull people out of the woodwork. Would be nice for those out there lurking to grab a few tools and whatnot free of charge. Ken could grab gold or iron or whatever it is cave trolls hoard.
Also agreed!

Since it's likely to be at least a month or two before OptiFine is ready, and I'd really hesitate to update before then, maybe in the mean time we could have a little winter solstice giftmas. What would people think about getting into creative mode next week while we're still on 1.14? It could be handy since I suspect most of us will have a couple days off work. Stockpile those iron and gravel hoards. Make a rainbow assortment of leather armor in every color imaginable. Maybe even finish off a 'Zilla or castle two.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-16, 22:22

Finish a castle? What castle?

Well, some people might get a day or two off, but I'll be at my remodel and have exactly zero time off.

But, don't let that stop anyone from having fun.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
¡Damned!

2019-12-17, 08:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
What would people think about getting into creative mode next week while we're still on 1.14?
Heck yeah! It's not the bees so much that have me stymied for the farm (I'll find a hive in 1.15 and breed them from there), it's the 503,808 glass bottles. Even I, with all my stockpiling, don't have nearly enough glass making stock for that amount. The couple-thousand shears I can do, but it sure would be nice to be able to put Unbreaking III on all of them.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-17, 11:19

Or maybe Brad has a magic neverbreaking recipe for said bottles?
¡Damned!

2019-12-17, 12:31

Unbreaking for the shears, since they'll be doing the auto-harvesting of honeycomb. I do have a pair of Unbreaking.100 shears from back in the long-ago days of magic, but I don't know if you can mass-duplicate an existing item in Creative Mode. Probably can? Maybe? Would be nice to not have to restock those all the time.

[edit]: Just tested, and yes you can.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2019-12-17 at 14:10.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-17, 13:08

Well, I can come up with a pretty long list of things I would like to get stocked up on, the hard-core shovel I lost down Brad's busted elevator being among them!

Glowstone is easy enough with the new recipe, so I don't worry about that. But there is a new project coming up that will require some things, and it will be handy to stockpile that stuff rather than raping the wilderness. Although I do get a certain sense of pleasure from that.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
arteggio

2019-12-17, 19:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
What would people think about getting into creative mode next week while we're still on 1.14?
I'm game! I've been on recently building some things in my territory up north, which I've christened The Realm.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-23, 11:51

Is something happening this week, or what?

Turning on Creative Mode for everyone for the entire week?

I have another big build in my head and it will need lots and lots of theeeengz!

drewprops
Space Pirate

2019-12-23, 13:02

I was hoping we could do a new world in survival?
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-23, 13:26

I thought you were afraid of spiders?

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-12-23, 15:18

Actually, that's also a good idea, Drew! The old "with a new release we create a new temporary survival world" that we've done so many times before.

Informal poll: Any other thoughts or opinions on that?

I'd be totally down for a Merry Bee-mas over the next few days! Then to ring in the new year, maybe next week we would flip back to 1.14 in creative mode to give people some free-for-all holiday time (read: stockpile all the gravel).

Either way, I'll flip some switches, pull some levers, and restart some server stuff tonight.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-23, 17:00

I'm down for some things. I have very little time for an in-game party, but would love Creative mode to stockpile "all the gravel"!

Just too busy right now.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-12-23, 20:15

Brad, if you do a custom backup it won't be purged from the archives because the script I hav set up lets those linger. It only purges the scheduled ones after a certain period.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-12-24, 00:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Brad, if you do a custom backup it won't be purged from the archives because the script I hav set up lets those linger. It only purges the scheduled ones after a certain period.
Very cool! I had no idea. I'll still try to be careful with backups, nonetheless.