User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Merging problem, Address Book to Pages

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Merging problem, Address Book to Pages
kdcny

2009-11-15, 15:17

I'm looking for some advice about how to merge multiple fields from Address Book into a Pages '09 document. Hopefully someone out there can help, or direct me elsewhere.

Basic issue - I'm putting more and more information into Address Book, but I'm not sure how to correctly have some information show up in a Pages document. Example: a contact in Address Book has multiple 'brothers', but in a Pages merge it will only list the first 'brother', no matter how many times I list the 'brother' field. Is there a way to make Pages show these multiple fields?

...I was hoping to use a two-program solution, and was hoping it'd be Pages & Address Book. I thought of pulling/merging from a Numbers spreadsheet, but then information wouldn't necessarily be current with Address Book, and it seems like a pain to have to add information to Address Book, augment it in Numbers, and then merge it to Pages. I work with families and want to use more merge-able documents in Pages that contain lots of information. I've thought of buying Bento, but I'm not sure if that would solve my problems either, and then I'm out $50 and still have to use more than just two programs.

Any help or advice?

P.S.
A somewhat rhetorical question: why doesn't Address Book have autofill for contact information? Like, if I start typing the name of another contact, why doesn't it fill in the rest of their name, as it does in Mail? It seems like it should be trivial to link one contact to another for relationships' sake, but Address Book seems painfully unaware of those kinds of things.