User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Went to dealer to get rid of POS Sebring and returned with this!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Went to dealer to get rid of POS Sebring and returned with this!
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
Quagmire
meh

2005-11-21, 22:12

Introducing my new CUV. Which will be mine to drive with in 6-8 months. It comes in at a 3796 lbs, my new 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD! Big surprise to everyone? I opted for a smaller SUV which is a crossover making it a CUV.

http://homepage.mac.com/quagmire2/PhotoAlbum9.html

giggity
Mac+
9" monochrome

2005-11-21, 22:15

I like the communist motor.
SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2005-11-21, 22:23

So you blocked out your tags in case one of us see you on the New Jersey Turnpike and decide to put you in the ditch or what?
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2005-11-21, 22:29

He didn't do a very good job.

Hint hint quaggie. Fix that before someone (other than me) figures out where you live.

And I guess I have to say, congrats. Don't kill yourself in it.

Come waste your time with me
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-11-21, 22:32

You SUV-drivin' Yuppie bastard!

Congrats anyway.
Quagmire
meh

2005-11-22, 17:11

As promised here is the improved pics.

Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-11-22, 17:22

Looks okay. If I were to get a GM car, though, I'd buy a Pontiac GTO. Then again, I'm not an SUV fanboi like some people same as almost everyone else here.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2005-11-22, 17:26

For about 10 minutes, pwn3d!
Quagmire
meh

2005-11-22, 17:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca
Looks okay. If I were to get a GM car, though, I'd buy a Pontiac GTO. Then again, I'm not an SUV fanboi like some people same as almost everyone else here.
I am not a SUV fanboi. My parents are. If I had a choice of any vehicle under $30K, it will be the Chevy Impala SS with the 5.3L small block V8 303 HP LS4 with DOD. My parents wanted to get me a SUV, which this CUV will serve me well. I will need the capacity to haul my college crap back and forth and I don't think an Impala could do that with its small trunk. I am with you though that I hate people who just go out there and buy SUV's just for the image. If I had $70K to spend though, I would go grab the Corvette Z06 with LS7 engine. 0-60 in 3.4 seconds baby.

giggity
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-11-22, 18:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire
I will need the capacity to haul my college crap back and forth and I don't think an Impala could do that with its small trunk.
What exactly are you taking to college? Unless they're taking furniture (which is very unusual for freshmen), most students manage to travel fine even with a tiny 2-door coupe. Sure, they're packed to the gills, but it works.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2005-11-22, 18:28

*applauds at Brad*

Edit: Hey! That ain't fair.

Last edited by atomicbartbeans : 2005-11-22 at 18:48.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-11-22, 18:29

CUV... is that l33tspe@k for station wagon?
Quagmire
meh

2005-11-22, 18:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Kickaha
Crossover utility vehicle( made that up I think ). More of a car based SUV instead of the truck body on frame design.
julesstoop
Veteran Member

2005-11-22, 18:42

I go to my job on a bike. Went to college on a bike as well. Sometimes need a car when we play with the band and need to bring our own gear, but usually do fine with trains and the like.
But I have to admit though, that I'm a snob

Congrats with the nice car though

A black hole is where god divided by zero.
http://settuno.com/
sunrain
Veteran Member

2005-11-22, 18:51

Quote:
I personally thought it was code for soccer mom car.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-11-22, 19:03

Quote:
Crossover utility vehicle( made that up I think ). More of a car based SUV instead of the truck body on frame design.
So it's a car with storage in the back.

ie, a station wagon.

Not to jab you too much personally, but I find it really freaking hilarious that a) marketers think that people are stupid enough to fall for things like 'mini-SUV', 'car-SUV', 'XUV' and 'CUV', and worse, b) people *ARE*.

It's a station wagon.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2005-11-22, 19:53

Quote:
Introducing my new CUV. Which will be mine to drive with in 6-8 months. It comes in at a 3796 lbs, my new 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD! Big surprise to everyone? I opted for a smaller SUV which is a crossover making it a CUV.

I think it's a cool car, quag. Good choice!

Great that it has a back hatch. Makes it more versatile. And, yeah, good to have plenty of room for moving stuff to your dorm room - the odd bookshelf or whatever.

AWD should be a nice safety feature for weather conditions in your state. Won't mention 'which' state... just one of those 'over there'. I imagine it will get fairly decent gas mileage too, huh?

What I can't tell from the pictures is if the back seats fold down *flat* and *level* enough that you could throw a sleeping bag and air mattress back there and be able to stretch out flat and sleep comfortably. From the pictures, it looks like the back seats fold 'down', but maybe not flat and level. Once you have your own car, quag, and a nice new reliable one at that, you'll find yourself wanting to take some *really* long trips during college breaks and summer vacations, maybe across the country. And it really is nice to be able to take a rest from driving and sleep back there sometimes, especially if you're driving at night. Driving while sleepy is never a good idea.

Also, in the front view picture, it looks like your car has dimples. heh.
ShadowOfGed
Travels via TARDIS

2005-11-22, 19:58

Quote:
It's probably for compact. That being said, I'm perfectly happy with my sedan.

Wait a minute, that looks like an automatic transmission based on the shifter in the pics. Boo. Hiss.

Real men drive cars with manual transmissions!

Apparently I call the cops when I see people litter.
Quagmire
meh

2005-11-22, 20:18

Well I just got back from taking it for a spin for the first time( mom drove it home yesterday). I love it. It has the brakes and acceleration setup from the Suburban which I loved it for. Very smooth ride. Good acceleration from that Chinese motor. I just hope it isn't a lemon *knocks on wood.

giggity
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2005-11-22, 20:56

You guys are brutal. Congrats, quag! Enjoy the car. Ignore these bastards!
ShadowOfGed
Travels via TARDIS

2005-11-22, 21:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile
You guys are brutal. Congrats, quag! Enjoy the car. Ignore these bastards!
Love hurts.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2005-11-22, 21:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrain
I personally thought it was code for soccer mom car.
Aw, you guys are merciless!

Anyway, soccer moms have minivans. Right?
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2005-11-22, 21:08

I agree, at least it's not a Hummer (ie. I'm looking on the bright side of the decision).

And if Quag's not paying for his gas - then why should he care, we all deserve time to be ignorant.

P.S. how did quag turn into quag again, is there a thread I missed?

User formally known as Sh0eWax
Quagmire
meh

2005-11-22, 21:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej
I agree, at least it's not a Hummer (ie. I'm looking on the bright side of the decision).

And if Quag's not paying for his gas - then why should he care, we all deserve time to be ignorant.

P.S. how did quag turn into quag again, is there a thread I missed?
You meant at least it is not a Jeep right? I mean The Wrangler gets the same fuel economy to the Ford Excursion. Hummers are meant to be off roading vehicles. As I said above though, I hate people who buy SUV's( especially Hummers) for their image. Does not make sense economically if you can easily live with a car and does not need the off roading or cargo capacity of the SUV.

PS: For the quag part, I hacked into the AN server.

giggity
drewprops
Space Pirate

2005-11-22, 22:10

Sweet 'wagon dude!
You're going to get lots of MILF in that ride!!
Scates is going to be SO jealous!!
WBG4

Send a message via ICQ to WBG4 Send a message via AIM to WBG4  
2005-11-23, 20:33

Quote:
No that's suv
CUV is 1337 for ugliness i think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept
AWD should be a nice safety feature for weather conditions in your state. Won't mention 'which' state... just one of those 'over there'. I imagine it will get fairly decent gas mileage too, huh?
He's in MD about half an hour from DC. You have to worry more about the other idiots hitting you then how slick the road is

Comic sans sucks.
That is all

Last edited by WBG4 : 2005-11-23 at 20:38. Reason: Combining posts
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-11-23, 21:54

Hmm... screw the GTO, this is my dream car!

Insane acceleration, excellent handling, and extremely grippy thanks to all-wheel drive. In an episode of Top Gear, the show's host was able to use a very similar car (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII) to keep pace with a Lamborghini Murcielago around a winding track, and I suspect the Impreza WRX STi would be capable of the same.

It's even large and comfortable enough to be a practical car for everyday use. I could go and pick up groceries in one... the same could not be said for a Lamborghini.
Quagmire
meh

2005-11-23, 22:07

Screw the WRX. Go or this.

Hmm, 505 HP LS7 V8 that can go 0-60 in 3.4 seconds. Still gets 16/26. Can't say that for a Ferrari. And has a decent trunk.

giggity
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-11-23, 22:46

Eh, I still like the Impreza. It's almost as powerful, cheaper, more practical, and I think it looks better (though the latest redesign leaves a little to be desired). The Corvette is no slouch, though, and you do get a lot of performance for your money. It's basically a linear scale—the Impreza WRX STi has 75% of the horsepower and torque for about 75% the cost (for the base model; the Z06 is a good $20k on top of that).
BarracksSi
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-11-24, 00:05

Quote:
So it's a car with storage in the back.

ie, a station wagon.
No -- no, it's not.

My brother-in-law is about to get his doctorate, and he's really smart. Since you've got one now, I thought you'd be really smart, too.

But nooooooo......

It's a station wagon -- with a lift kit.

:smokey: