AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Apple Buys Color's Engineering Team

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Apple Buys Color's Engineering Team
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-10-18, 12:17

I was unfamiliar with Color before yesterday and have since read up on it and the backstory. Today's clarifications by the WSJ make a lot more sense than Apple buying the whole company although I'm a bit surprised Apple didn't want the patents as well.

I looked at some of Color's tutorial videos on their website and the Live Video broadcasting while not innovative, was nicely implemented in a social environment using Facebook. It actually brings to light an area where I feel Apple has dropped the ball and failed to capitalize on technologies they pioneered many years ago. Quicktime took on streaming and broadcasting way before anyone and Apple has sat on its own technology and patents and not done anything with them. I would absolutely love to see FaceTime expanded to include broadcasting capabilities, especially through Facebook integration.