User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

iBank v.2 beta has been released

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iBank v.2 beta has been released
pcmeissner

2005-10-06, 18:41

Finally, a decent competitor to the bloated, crappy Quicken. I really hope this product does well in the marketplace. Iggs Software's developers seem to actually care about their product. Check it out...

http://www.iggsoftware.com/index.php
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2005-10-06, 19:02

Looks interesting; hope they'll offer it in German too.
¡Damned!

2005-10-06, 19:13

I downloaded the trial of their 'iBiz' when it was called 'iWork' and it wasn't too shabby. I wish I had a little more time to get into it more...maybe someday.

So it goes.
nato64

Send a message via AIM to nato64  
2005-10-06, 19:18

this looks awesome! but for some reason it won't import my quicken export...
pcmeissner

2005-10-06, 19:41

If you have any problems with the program make sure to email the developers, there're pretty good about getting back with you. I received several personal responses from them on their message board.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2005-10-06, 20:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709
I downloaded the trial of their 'iBiz' when it was called 'iWork' and it wasn't too shabby. I wish I had a little more time to get into it more...maybe someday.
iWork? - I wonder what they got from Apple for giving that up.
nato64

Send a message via AIM to nato64  
2005-10-06, 20:27

okay it imported my quicken data but now the trial period is already OVER. wtf? i got less than an hour... i would SO buy it if i had a day to play with it and make sure its what i need
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2005-10-06, 20:35

I'm glad they got rid of the brushed metal appearance. I may give it a try if it can do all that it says it can (and can connect to my banks and credit cards - I hate manually typing things in).

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
pcmeissner

2005-10-06, 20:54

There is a 30 day money back guarantee. I'm surprised the trial period is that short. With v. 1.5 the trial period was indefinite, but you could only have so many entries in your registers.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2005-10-06, 21:11

No connecting to banks. No go for me.
*Joe*

Send a message via AIM to *Joe* Send a message via MSN to *Joe*  
2005-10-07, 04:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile
No connecting to banks. No go for me.
I think it is dependant on your bank, my bank in the UK (lloydsTSB) allow you to download your statements from the internet banking in a format which iBank can import, i tried it out with the trial version.
Try contacting your bank, it may be a hidden feature.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2005-10-07, 09:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Joe*
I think it is dependant on your bank, my bank in the UK (lloydsTSB) allow you to download your statements from the internet banking in a format which iBank can import, i tried it out with the trial version.
Try contacting your bank, it may be a hidden feature.
Oh, I know I can download my statements. I was referring to automatically connecting to my banks and doing it for me. It saves the extra step of having to connect, download, import. Once you start doing it this way (I used MS Money for a long time), you can't go back to manually doing.

It does everything: credit cards, checking, savings, stocks. No way I would do it manually.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
pcmeissner

2005-10-09, 19:40

BTW...

"IGG Software, LLC announces the release of its second public beta of iBank 2 (www.iggsoftware.com/ibank/index.html), a new and completely rewritten version of its popular financial management application for Mac OS X 10.4. iBank 2b11 brings numerous bug fixes, user-interface enhancements and other refinements. This update is strongly recommend for anyone using iBank 2b10"
buckuxc

2005-11-03, 15:21

Just a quick note, this software is definitely great, a hell of a lot better of an interface than quicken (i think). Only one problem right now: 10.4.3 update broke compatibility with the software, and I guess the main developer is away until November 9th. Still worth the price I paid for it even though it crashes on me right away. I started sending my crash reports and one of tech adminstrators emailed me personally and thanked me for the information and let me know that they were doing their best to work on the problem.

There's also forums like this one, which I think for any piece of software is key. Newbies have a place to go, developers can be in contact with their audience and figure out features and problems. The software/forum combo is worth the price.