Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

ahhh... weekend.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
ahhh... weekend.
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2005-02-21, 00:40

I'm about to pass out for the night... but first!

Jonathon's totally bland but good weekend:

I spent the weekend in Welland, where I spent most of my youth growing up with my mother. It's been about two months from the last time I paid both my mom and best friends a visit.

Friday. I departed after work, catching a bus to Welland. It's about one and an half hours drive away from Toronto. Upon arrival, within a few hours all my old close friends were at my Mom's house beer in hand. We hooked up a PS2 and spent most of the night playing the latest GTA and getting plastered. Yah, it seems a bit uneventful but not having seen them in so long I was very pleased with the night's turnout.

Saturday. Waking up with a hangover, I made breakfast and woke up one of my friends who crashed on my bedroom's floor. We quickly went on to drinking again, and a few more friends came over. My mom made dinner for all of us, it was quite the feast. That night it was really cold... so we stayed in again, and played poker and video games. I passed out in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Sunday. I woke up late but that's just what I expected. After walking out of my old room... I was greeted by the ever-growing pile of empties collected over the weekend. Between 4 people we finished off nine six packs of beer, a 26 of CC and plenty of mix. Not much by some people's standards but not bad considering I don't drink that much these days (once I had a bit of a drinking problem, but these days I just don't have the time). I could only catch the late bus back to Toronto... and as a bonus, after a bit of flirting with the girl working a fast food sub place (Subway) when I went to pay for my sub she refused and said not to worry about it. Score! Free sub at the expense of flirting... I thanked her, and departed for Toronto.

When I got back, I found this http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=4369 .. and that was just a perfect ending to my weekend.

Long story short.... Beer + Old friends + GTA/poker + not having to work = one happy \/\/ickes

Night night all.

no sig, how's that for being a rebel!