Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Stuff to which you are addicted
Page 7 of 7 First Previous 3 4 5 6 [7]  Thread Tools
Windswept
On Pacific time

2014-01-31, 18:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWR View Post
Nice shot, windswept. I would love a space like that. Good shape provides a lot of work space without unnecessary movement. If you get in touch with these people, feel free to suggest AWR and this kitchen/dining area (bah, the whole apartment) if they ask.
The google page with the renovated kitchens has some much *more* beautiful examples of stunning kitchens than that one, but 'those' photos are blocked from being reproduced online due to copyright issues, I presume. There was another (better) angle of the kitchen above, but after I posted the image here, I couldn't find the page again. It was a renovated apartment in Stockholm at a site called "homedit" or something like that.

There's a google image page of renovated kitchen pictures:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...97.xFIX0XVRFZ4

and a page of before and after renovated kitchen pictures. Some exceptional kitchens that are just... to die for.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...55.vVN5BCPEMOA

If you like the one I posted, be sure to check out these two pages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot View Post
Coconut oil.

I've been making coffee lately with a tbsp of it in there, 1-2 tbsp of cream, a dash of vanilla, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a bit of honey. Blast the shit out of it my little Magic Bullet blender so it froths up and the oil doesn't sit on top.

SO. GOOD.
Sounds yummy. You are a creative cook, murbeau. Why not put together a self-published or online cookbook with a collection of your favorite and most creative recipes? You could call it something like "recipes from the vast Canadian prairie lands"... Or a better title, perhaps...
tookepaige

2014-02-03, 01:46

Well I am addicted on playing the King of Legend! I don't know but it keeps me awake all night just playing this stuff.

Any idea how can I get out of this addiction? I know this is not really good as I miss a lot of sleep at night!
Windswept
On Pacific time

2014-02-03, 20:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tookepaige View Post
Well I am addicted on playing the King of Legend! I don't know but it keeps me awake all night just playing this stuff.

Any idea how can I get out of this addiction? I know this is not really good as I miss a lot of sleep at night!
Why not make a list of all the negative consequences that could/will happen because of all that lost sleep and all those hours spent on just one thing.

Make another list of all the goals you *could* accomplish in your life if you weren't spending so many hours on one thing.

Then, read both lists once an hour during the night while you're playing, and set the goal of going to sleep a half hour earlier each night (or 15 minutes earlier, if you're really desperate). Set another goal of doing *one* thing in the morning that is a fairly easily achievable step toward one of your main goals.

Get in bed right after reading the list so you'll be motivated to start changing your life for the better - while the negative and positive things and the "morning goal-step" are fresh in your thoughts.

This *might* work, but only if you're ready for change. To help get ready for change, think of yourself ten years from now, and think of all the hours you *could* have spent working toward goals that you *might have* achieved in that ten years, but instead spent in playing.

This kind of stuff only works when you yourself have set short-term and long-term goals that you want to achieve, and after you've decided on achievable steps you need to accomplish to get to your goals.

Good luck... and welcome to AN.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2016-01-02, 18:34

Chick-fil-a has yogurt with granola that I really like.

But I'm truly addicted to their frosted Lemonade. Oh yum! If you've never tried one, you should not let another day go by without sampling this delight. They have a diet version of this beverage that's 100 calories or so less.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2017-02-27, 21:14

Lately, I've become addicted to several television shows.

Pitbulls and Parolees on the Animal Planet. I'm not sure why I've gotten hooked on this program. A lady named Tia Torres, her family, and men on parole run a rescue facility, mostly for pitbulls. They'll actually drive clear across the U.S. to check out a home for placement of one of their rescued dogs. I think they run completely on donations, presumably from people who watch their program on tv. If you haven't seen it, it's worth a look.

Dr. Jeff, Rocky Mountain Vet, also great. I love watching him do surgery on all the creatures that show up in his office. We can see how he wires animals back together after traumatic events they have gone through. A great show too.

The Rachel Maddow Show is terrific. 9:00pm Eastern time on MSNBC. I spend a lot of time saying OMG when I watch her show. This program is a must-see, honestly!
Windswept
On Pacific time

2019-01-09, 19:59

Currently am liking McD's Swiss Mushroom burger. The beef seems like a much better quality than other burgers I've had there.

Just no comparison, really. Worth a try if you haven't had one.