User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

Do you remember that archeology thing in Minecraft?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Do you remember that archeology thing in Minecraft?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-02-10, 13:52

Don't worry, I won't be bothered if you don't given it was announced so long ago it is now buried under a ton of soil.

It is finally coming to 1.20 if this blog is to be believed!. I mean, the blog in Minecraft.net so it is more likely than not.

Quote:
You read that title correctly, dear reader. Archeology is coming to Minecraft! But that’s not all. We’re going to be revealing the remaining features for Minecraft 1.20, so keep your eyes on Minecraft.net and our social channels. You can start digging, dusting, and testing out all the new features in snapshots, betas, and previews that will be coming to you very soon! Keep in mind that this is just the very first iteration, we will be adding a lot more as we continue to develop this feature. Check out these instructions for installing snapshots, betas, and previews so you’re prepared when they make it to a device near you!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2023-02-10 at 14:11.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-02-10, 14:11

Armor trims too now!
¡Damned!

2023-02-10, 14:18

I fiddled with the armor trims a week or so ago (whenever the snapshot landed) just to see if they worked with our (Brad's) texturepack, and from my limited testing it looks like they do! Really smart way to push for exploration too, since each Smithing Template can only be found in specific areas.

Excited to find out more about archeology, and what the new 'ancient seeds' will be used for.

A *BIG* hope is that the weird Warden portal will lead to a brand new dimension, but that's probably asking too much.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2023-02-10, 19:03

I have been glued to Time Team for the past few weeks, so archaeology is right up my trench!!

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-02-11, 14:05

Nice. My son has been play A LOT more than I have. He's even in a MC Club for his school. He has been telling me all about the new features and such.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2023-02-17, 09:33

Quote:
... the cherry blossom biome will be coming soon to Java snapshots and Bedrock betas and previews. This marks the final reveal in our Minecraft 1.20 feature list!

Soon you will be able to frolic in this new biome, and also also dig into archeology and get to know the sniffer. All of these features are in their early stages, so please send us your feedback and report any bugs.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-02-17, 09:39

Yeah! My son loaded up the snapshot and took my family on a tour of all the new stuff. Trims and archeology too. Of course, we then leathered how EXPENSIVE those trim templates are! The amount of diamonds needed to each template, let alone the build itself that you are trimming.

Oh, he also built a small house to show off the pink wood in the various forms. He is really good with MC!