F*#k the Cloud. . .I am jumping off!!!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
F*#k the Cloud. . .I am jumping off!!!
Page 1 of 4 [1] 2 3 4  Next Thread Tools
jcoley2
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to jcoley2  
2008-07-31, 17:10

Ok, I have been very patient with 2.0 and Mm but today was teh last straw. I am starting to see contacts disappear that I put in days ago, contact changes that are not updating, contacts disappearing for up to 3 hours.

This thing is so unreliable I cannot take it any more!!!!

Now that I got a job, I can buy more Apple products!
feidhlim1986

2008-07-31, 18:25

I'm close to joining you! I've added stuff to iCal and manually synced and synced and synced and no changes appear on MobileMe or iPhone. Its gone beyond a joke at this point. Why the hell did Apple release something that clearly does not work
jcoley2
Veteran Member

2008-07-31, 18:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
Why the hell did Apple release something that clearly does not work
Becuz of the threat from RIMM????
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2008-07-31, 19:23

I dumped Mm quite a few days ago. Sanity has been restored.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-07-31, 19:32

Man, Apple hasn't a good go of this. You guys aren't the only ones I hear saying the same thing.

What an unfortunate situation this has turned into since July 11. I'm still not experiencing everything working at a reliable 100% either. $5 says Apple winds up giving another free month before it's all over...
feidhlim1986

2008-07-31, 20:11

I've just discovered another MobileMe related problem.
When watching videos in full-screen mode in Quicktime, everytime my MobileMe sync is finished (every 15mins) The Dock pops up at the bottom of the screen and I have to exit fullscreen and re-enter fullscreen again for it to hide itself.......highly annoying!
¡Damned!

2008-07-31, 20:57

I hear through the grapevine Apple is planning an ad campaign touting some new fancy software called "Mejave." Don't be fooled!!!
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2008-07-31, 21:09

Hmmm.. Well my MMe is kind of acting like a black box at the moment..

All of my Macs sync, and don't give any errors, except for a recurring one where one particular machine wants me to deal with conflict errors for every single contact I have ever had since the beginning of time.

Other than that it syncs and nothing changes on any machine. EVER!

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2008-07-31, 21:44

Quote:
I've just discovered another MobileMe related problem.
When watching videos in full-screen mode in Quicktime, everytime my MobileMe sync is finished (every 15mins) The Dock pops up at the bottom of the screen and I have to exit fullscreen and re-enter fullscreen again for it to hide itself.......highly annoying!
I noticed the same thing, but i never thought to connect the two. It was very annoying.

I just joined up a few weeks ago, so I hope it gets updated pretty quickly.

My push has actually been working recently as well as the syncing of the calendars and contacts. I've been happy with the for the past few days, but last week was terrible.

Hopefully it stays like this.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2008-07-31, 21:53

It's so discouraging to read all this.

*sigh*

I was thinking of selling all my Apple stock when it was at $188 a while back. I so wish I had. I'm really sick of the stock market and have no faith in it.

Oh well.
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2008-07-31, 21:59

EIther sell them now, or get ready to hang onto them for a year or so...

WIth the latest warnings from Apple about 'lower [relative] profits' the whining cowards on Wall Street are only going to sell Apple shorter and shorter.

I can't talk though.. I kept putting off buying Apple shares when they were $50 or $60, but told all my friends to buy!! I also have a load of money in Shell and even with their *massive* profits their shares are still languishing in the doll-drums!

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2008-07-31, 22:21

Push has been fine for me since my last post in the other thread.
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2008-07-31, 22:24

Yeah, I agree. The only issue I've seen is that while I get new emails pushed to my phone instantly, it doesn't update read emails as often as it should. Other than that, it works great for me.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2008-07-31, 22:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept View Post
It's so discouraging to read all this.

*sigh*

I was thinking of selling all my Apple stock when it was at $188 a while back. I so wish I had. I'm really sick of the stock market and have no faith in it.

Oh well.
Buck up, little camper! Long term, the market pwns. You just have to ride out the low bits that occur from time to time. Hang onto that AAPL - I predict in another two years it's going to be 3x what it is today, split adjusted.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2008-07-31, 22:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
Buck up, little camper! Long term, the market pwns. You just have to ride out the low bits that occur from time to time. Hang onto that AAPL - I predict in another two years it's going to be 3x what it is today, split adjusted.
Hmm. Really?

Okay, maybe I will, then; but only because *you* said so.

Kickaha
Veteran Member

2008-07-31, 22:44

Quote:
Hmm. Really?

Oh sure, and then when it's only 2.9x, you're gonna come back here and bust my chops.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2008-07-31, 22:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
Oh sure, and then when it's only 2.9x, you're gonna come back here and bust my chops.
Damn right, sweetie!

(Check your PMs)
Chinney
Veteran Member

2008-07-31, 22:48

Quote:
I'm close to joining you! I've added stuff to iCal and manually synced and synced and synced and no changes appear on MobileMe or iPhone. Its gone beyond a joke at this point. Why the hell did Apple release something that clearly does not work
The bigger the beta-test the better the future product.

We future users salute and thank you.
jcoley2
Veteran Member

2008-08-01, 06:36

Quote:
I'm really sick of the stock market and have no faith in it.

Oh well.
The price drop in APPL is not stock specific IMHO. The whole market is suffering from a lack of corporate earnings, the credit extension business model is broken, and it is probably beginning to discount the probability of a Obama win and higher taxes that will slow the economy even more. I thought 1270 on S&P would hold but sold out yesterday at 1250 and I am sitting on the sidelines. Market feels sick. . . .

Now that I got a job, I can buy more Apple products!
jcoley2
Veteran Member

2008-08-01, 06:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinney View Post
The bigger the beta-test the better the future product.

We future users salute and thank you.
Some how I do not feel so happy. . . .
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2008-08-01, 06:51

Quote:
Hmm. Really?

Come on. How can you trust someone whose location is hell.
AWR
Veteran Member

2008-08-01, 07:06

Quote:

(Check your PMs)
Itz TEH fotoh!!

John C McLaughlin

2008-08-01, 13:11

I would rather stay on but I am startled by how long it is taking to get this working right. In the last few days I have been able to see my iCal however I can do nothing with it and I have to force quit Safari if I want to do anything else as the slow script message keeps appearing. Oddly, at work I was able to view my iCal on a nasty little Dell machine and that browser did not freeze up. I have not been able to see my contacts for a week or so yet they did display in the middle of the month. It seems that this is a real disaster and one that Apple is not being so up front about. I have not even gotten the notice about a month extension that others speak of. I expect that they have got to make this work as quite a bit rides on it
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2008-08-01, 13:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWR View Post
Itz TEH fotoh!!

I'll never tell...
artesc

2008-08-01, 14:02

what the hell???? today I was using my parent's computer (a really old hp, from the pentium days) and i was checking the network settings when lo and behold i saw an icon from mobile me. at first it didn't register, then it hit me. what the hell is a mobileme preferences icon doing on their computer. they never installed it, unless they did unwittingly so I became curious.

i went over to my uncle's house because i wanted to see if he had the same icon (on a 6 month old hp) and he did. he never installed anything either.

this can only lead to one assumption. apple pushed this out on everyone through a "software update" probably through iTunes. it is absolutely ridiculous. not only does it not work, they are cramming it down everyone's throats.

again, what the hell. from the icon-- "MobileMe stores your email, contacts, calendar, photos and files in an online "cloud," and keeps your Mac, PC, iPHone or iPod touch up to date. sign up now and experience MobileMe today!"

not cool apple, not cool.

artesc all the way!
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-08-01, 14:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeriatric View Post
Come on. How can you trust someone whose location is hell.
I would certainly trust someone like that for advice regarding the acquisition of money and material goods

Now, spiritual/moral advice? Maybe not...
apple007
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2008-08-01, 14:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by artesc View Post
what the hell???? today I was using my parent's computer (a really old hp, from the pentium days) and i was checking the network settings when lo and behold i saw an icon from mobile me. at first it didn't register, then it hit me. what the hell is a mobileme preferences icon doing on their computer. they never installed it, unless they did unwittingly so I became curious.

i went over to my uncle's house because i wanted to see if he had the same icon (on a 6 month old hp) and he did. he never installed anything either.

this can only lead to one assumption. apple pushed this out on everyone through a "software update" probably through iTunes. it is absolutely ridiculous. not only does it not work, they are cramming it down everyone's throats.

again, what the hell. from the icon-- "MobileMe stores your email, contacts, calendar, photos and files in an online "cloud," and keeps your Mac, PC, iPHone or iPod touch up to date. sign up now and experience MobileMe today!"

not cool apple, not cool.
Perhaps this is what Apple did for people using the Windows version of iTunes -- I'm using iTunes 7.7 and still have the .Mac icon in my Preferences -- and while it might seem like Apple "pushed" it on users, what else are they supposed to do under the circumstances? It's a harmless icon for people who don't want MobileMe, and a handy icon for those who do (and who use an operating system that doesn't have MobileMe embedded like Mac OS X).
artesc

2008-08-01, 14:55

they could wait until they actually purchase a subscription and download the necessary files.
apple007
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2008-08-01, 15:07

I suppose, but it still seems harmless. Aren't you simply talking about some sort of desktop icon pointing to MobileMe that can easily be trashed?

I'm not using it right now, but MobileMe sounds like a mess right now. But I can understand why Apple would want to get it in front of its Windows iTunes/iPhone users.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2008-08-01, 15:28

I'm torn on this - on the one hand, I can see why pushing a little icon to folks who may not know about the product is pretty harmless.

OTOH, knowing how much I fricking HATE IT when it's done to MY system, I can totally understand people getting peeved about this.

OTGH, most of that is because I'm on a Mac, where such asshattery is simple not tolerated. On my Windows machine at work, it was the norm, and I just put up with it as a part of the working environment.