User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

problems with OWC intel iMac ram?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
problems with OWC intel iMac ram?
ironlung

2006-02-04, 10:52

After hearing good things about OWC, I decided to buy a gig of ram from OWC for my new intel imac. I got the ram in just one day, which is mostly because I live in illinois currently, and they are based in illinois as well.

The ram arrived, I put it in and it didnt work. Tried all sorts of combinations. Called OWC, they were very nice and offered to send me a new chip.

Got the new chip, tried it but it didnt work as well. Tried both the old and new chips by themselves and separately, still didnt work. Both RAM chips are from Princeton, and the specifications are okay. OWC does not have chips from anyone else for the intel iMacs, and said that it just seems I am the only one running into this problem. What are the odds of two chips not working? Has anyone else bought ram for their intel iMacs from OWC? If so, did the chips work?
intlplby
Veteran Member

2006-02-04, 19:55

not trying to thread hijack, but since it is related.... how is MemoryToGo's RAM?

they have a stellar deal on MacBookPro ram - 1GB is $106..... Crucial is $169.... the cheapest newegg has is like $130

what have other's experiences with MTG been?
ironlung

2006-02-04, 23:07

Well. I used so 2-propanol (isopropyl alcohol), one of them worked, the other didnt. SO 1.5 GB of ram. Damn. I remember getting a gig h drive 96-97ish? seagate.. was so excited.

intlplby.. despite some initial problems.. id recommend OWC. 1GB for 114, and they have a life time warranty. Extremely nice.