MC: Applenova 1.6: With a Vengeance!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Applenova 1.6: With a Vengeance!
Page 5 of 8 Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  Next Thread Tools
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-08-05, 09:59

Gery: download and install rei's minimap which will allow you to set waypoints...
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2013-08-06, 10:48

Grey, is that a horse stable across from your house?
You'll need to make the gate wider to let a horse thru if it is, horses need a path two blocks wide.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-08-06, 12:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPoit View Post
You'll need to make the gate wider to let a horse thru if it is, horses need a path two blocks wide.
Oh man. He's going to have to make it three blocks wide or risk a serious smiting from the Gods of Symmetry.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2013-08-06, 13:25

actually, i found its nice and easy to jump it
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-08-06, 15:08

Speaking of my meat farm; if you decide you need to cull my herds down, feel free to put all the meat and other drops you get into the chests at the gates. Otherwise just look in horror at my collection waiting for my slaughterhouse to be built.

I'm with Bryson, these are digital animals and aren't even a remote living being.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-08-06, 15:23

It's hard not to think of them as such [see thread about this topic elsewhere].

Brad I forgot to feed your cows to make them horny again after I killed some.

I've never done that before and thought they'd romantic by themselves.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2013-08-06, 16:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Oh man. He's going to have to make it three blocks wide or risk a serious smiting from the Gods of Symmetry.

I had a mini panic attack when Jak said it needed to be 2, but 3 works just as well.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-08-06, 18:47

I like your stable 709. I'm gonna have to make something better for mine now. I take it he won't jump over the gates on his own?

Everybody, feel free to kill and eat my animals. If you want them and are going to keep the drops then by all means do so. I do try to keep seeds, wheat and carrots in the chests near the pens so you can get them into the breeding mood.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2013-08-10, 14:07

@ Owen - I left you a in-game mail, but thought I'd put this here too. I found some chests in the South fortress (just past the fortress with the portal), one had a saddle in it and another had gold horse armor. If you'd like me to head out there with you I will. I can't be sure of where the chests were exactly, but I'm sure we could re-find them.

Also, I needed to start brewing some potions for my lengthy trips into the Nether looking for wither skellies, so I now have a brewing room underneath my place for anyone that needs it (it's on the pumpkin/melon level). There's a 32 plant Netherwart farm in there as well - have at them if they're fully grown, just replant, of course.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2013-08-10, 14:32

Eep! It appears that I'm not able to place a mushroom. Is this new or a glitch?
SpecMode
Wait what

2013-08-10, 16:46

Are you trying to place it somewhere other than a mushroom biome, in a brightly lit area? If so, that's normal - mushrooms only grow (or, indeed, stay placed) in dimly-lit areas -- except for mushroom biomes.
¡Damned!

2013-08-10, 17:48

Yeah, the light level was the problem. I'd like to build a small farm, but see painful testing in my future for that....
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-08-11, 00:41

Could you build something with pistons and glowstone so that you could quickly light it up so that you're not attacked by baddies?
¡Damned!

2013-08-11, 12:23

After some torch removal and rearranging my tree farm area works just fine for growing large shrooms. Should've thought of that first.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-08-11, 19:33

I'm curious: do baddies spawn there? If not, why not? Thx!
¡Damned!

2013-08-11, 21:48

I get the occasional slime, but never any bad baddies. It's well lit when I'm growing trees, but since large mushrooms have to be so many blocks apart (5 for red, 7 for brown) I had to remove a bunch and stagger the light sources. If I were going to alternate between trees and shrooms all the time I might install redstone lamps with switches depending on what I'm growing, but for now torches are fine.

As long as the torches are placed 7 spaces or less from each other I don't seem to have a problem. That is, i-------i, but that's really only good for rows like plantings or skywalks. You couldn't light a field like that. It'd need one in the center of the 9x9 square.

So it goes.
OwenReese

2013-08-11, 21:51

grey can you show me where I could build the monster spawner?
¡Damned!

2013-08-11, 22:19

Well, I told him to post in the land claim thread...

See here.
¡Damned!

2013-08-12, 19:48

I finally have 3 wither skellie skulls. . . that means a Wither Boss Party!

Since they're so destructive, I'm going to make a pit in the far-off sand mining desert. I was considering adding a few Iron Golems to our party too for additional support, but that's up for debate.

How does Wednesday 08.14 at 7:00PM EDT sound? Good for everyone interested?

The Wither Star will be used for a beacon atop the Space Needle. Excited to see how that looks and how far away it's seen.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2013-08-12 at 20:11.
¡Damned!

2013-08-14, 07:56

Wither Boss Party moved to Friday 08.16 at 7PM EDT. I haven't had a ton of time to get the pit dug out this week, but should have it done by Friday.

[edit]: Maybe Friday night is a bad time for those with SO dates and whatnot... I'd like to keep it somewhat early so bobsky can join if he's into it. Maybe Saturday day sometime before people head off to night festivities? Like 5 EDT?

Lemme know what works best for everyone.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2013-08-14 at 16:38.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-08-14, 09:43

I noticed that somebody has created a Lost & Found over at the topside spawn portal and that it had one of those skulls Grey is talking about in it, along with some pretty high-end stuff that somebody must have lost in the nether?

Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2013-08-14, 09:50

A bunch of that stuff is Owen's that he unloaded before we went into the Nether to find him a saddle and horse armor. I've mentioned that he should probably move it over to his house, but he hasn't as yet.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2013-08-16, 13:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Wither Boss Party moved to Friday 08.16 at 7PM EDT. I haven't had a ton of time to get the pit dug out this week, but should have it done by Friday.

[edit]: Maybe Friday night is a bad time for those with SO dates and whatnot... I'd like to keep it somewhat early so bobsky can join if he's into it. Maybe Saturday day sometime before people head off to night festivities? Like 5 EDT?

Lemme know what works best for everyone.
Tomorrow it is! 5EDT. I still need to dig a few more levels in the pit, but I think it's near deep enough to contain the thing and keep it from getting out into the wild.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-08-16, 16:09

Well crap, I thought it was tonight!!

Tomorrow night may not work for me... we'll see.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-08-16, 17:08

For me it depends on when the baby naps... 5pm EDt is 2pm Pacific. Might work. We'll see.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-08-16, 18:37

I'm zeroing in on a zombie spawner (and probably a 2nd cave spider spawner) in my mineshaft and am trying to figure out a good strategy for not dying while trying to isolate them.

I think that I might drop granite or sand walls from above to restrict their lateral movement, then work on getting to the spawners themselves.

Any tips from you experienced miners?

Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2013-08-16, 19:10

If there are enough people on later tonight that are game then we could do it. The pit's probably deep enough as it is, plus there's a mineshaft ~8-10 blocks beneath the floor that I really don't want to fall into while doing battle.

Drew - if possible I try to come in from the sides 1 block below the spawner. That way it's easy to place torches on the spawner through a 1 block hole cut in the wall. More difficult with cave spiders, but if you can place a torch on top of the spawner from above beforehand it helps minimize the spawning a bit.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2013-08-17, 00:35

Great Success! The first Boss we dispatched handily, but the second ala Spec was a bit more resilient.

Two Bosses in one night! Loads of fun. We should do this more often.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-08-17, 00:37

Here is the link to the video of the fight: http://youtu.be/EegE1bPNx8c
SpecMode
Wait what

2013-08-17, 00:50

Next round: we're taking on the Enderdragon! I've got almost enough Eyes of Ender to open up the End Portal (if anyone has an Ender Pearl or two to contribute, that should be enough), and the stronghold has already been located in a forest to the southwest of spawn.

If I may make a personal suggestion for this fight, given how pathetically easy the Wither bosses were to defeat with our super-enchanted armor and weapons: let's give the dragon a fighting chance and make this fight fun. No (or weak) enchantments on weapons and armor, especially if we get a lot of people in the group. It should be a battle, not a slaughter.

Oh, and I'll be recording the fight and posting it to YouTube afterward, so we should try to make it entertaining.

So, when are we doing this thing? Maybe tomorrow (Saturday), around when we were originally planning to do the Wither fight? Or maybe Sunday afternoon?

Also, since I'm going to be recording this thing, it'd be fun to have some live commentary from the participants...anyone willing to get together and help setup some kind of group Skype/Ventrilo/Teamspeak/whatever for a few (or a bunch) of us? If not, cool, but I think it would make things a bit more fun for those so inclined.