MC Renderings

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC Renderings
Page 3 of 4 Previous 1 2 [3] 4  Next Thread Tools
¡Damned!

2014-07-15, 09:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
That's pretty damn groovy. I fully expect it to be framed and hanging in Brad's cushy corner-office.
becca

Send a message via AIM to becca  
2014-07-15, 10:48

Working on Turtle's fortress next. Buildings are -more- my thing, but it's still good practice for me to draw non-human.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-07-19, 12:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Hey Brad, mind doing the front of that mansion of mine like you did the back of it? I would like to have a high res of that thing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Oh! I totally forgot that I was going to do that. Sure, I'll take a stab at it tomorrow.
Sorry I left you hanging there, turtle. It's been a busy week. This is now rendering at a whopping 2880x1800! I just got a retina-display MBP and only now do I realize how amazing pictures look at super-high resolution.

It's going to take a few hours before a good, low-noise image is ready, but here's an early preview: http://imgur.com/oGLEEx2

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-07-19, 12:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Although the eiffel tower is not quite finished, can it be rendered?
I'll do this one when turtle's mansion is done. I'm thinking ground level looking up might be nice.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-07-19, 12:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPoit View Post
Can i request a render of my stable, barn, and silo? Animals wont show up, right?
Certainly! You're next in line behind Ken.

Correct, no animals or entities in general (that includes paintings, item frames, etc.). The programmer behind Chunky recently mentioned on his dev blog, though, that he's working on entity support. So, maybe we'll have that working in a few months!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2014-07-19, 15:46

Quote:
I just got a retina-display MBP and only now do I realize how amazing pictures look at super-high resolution.
/off topic/
I love my rMBP, arent the screens great?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-07-19, 16:55

Quote:
/off topic/
I love my rMBP, arent the screens great?

At first I was like

then I was like

then I was like

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-07-19, 19:52

Click to embiggen! Enjoy.

More coming later…
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-07-19, 20:06

Much nice. Many thank you's from the kid and I.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-07-19, 20:07

Also, here's an iPhone 5S-sized view of the Eiffel Tower. I couldn't resist; it was the perfect size!

becca

Send a message via AIM to becca  
2014-07-20, 16:41

How do I "Like" all these posts?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-07-20, 22:44

Quote:
Can i request a render of my stable, barn, and silo? Animals wont show up, right?
I struggled a bit to find a good angle, but I think I got one that works. I had to remove the nearby chunks containing the Pauly Dome because it was casting a giant shadow over everything.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-07-21, 06:02

Thank you very much for the render of my mansion. I really do appreciate it.

All of these are looking great right now too!
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2014-07-21, 06:23

Quote:
I struggled a bit to find a good angle, but I think I got one that works. I had to remove the nearby chunks containing the Pauly Dome because it was casting a giant shadow over everything.
That looks awesome, thanks!

Speaking of the Pauly-Dome, I have been meaning to ask if it can be moved somewhere behind the stables.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-07-21, 09:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
How do I "Like" all these posts?
Just type, "I like all these posts!"
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-07-21, 16:56

Here's a super high-res one of downtown!

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-07-22, 09:10

I love it! Thanks for sharing these Brad and taking the time to do them. These are very cool and show some of what we have been able to do. It is also possibly drawing Mrs T to come back to the server too.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-07-22, 18:22

Surprise!

I desperately needed to refresh 13-topia and the House of the Risen Son for retina display.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-07-22, 19:46

Thank you so much to those too! Of course I'm happier about the House of the Risen Son.
¡Damned!

2014-07-23, 08:08

That shot of 'topia is fantastic. I love it!

(also, nice job getting the vertical column absolutely dead center )
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-07-24, 21:28

And I'm not done yet! Tonight's batch includes the Rink of Pain and the Temple of Time.

Although I'm making some new scenes, I've decided to try remastering a few old ones like the ToT. Expect some more high-res versions of previous posts in the near future.

I'm also still open for requests if anyone has something you'd like to see rendered. Name the place (and world) and give me an idea of roughly what time of day you'd like to see it in.

SpecMode
Wait what

2014-07-26, 17:30

Went on a nostalgia trip early this morning...finally found a backed-up copy of my original SSP world (from before I started playing on the AN server). This is my very first Minecraft build:

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-07-26, 20:05

Very nice. I wish I was able to keep my very first pre-AppleNova worlds. It seems they got torched somewhere around the time when the game started allowing you to name worlds in a list instead of the hard-coded save slots. I'll have to try to find my oldest one.

That being said... happy christmas in July! More retina display resolution renders of our worlds for everyone!

kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-07-26, 20:08

Wow. That render of my palace sure turned out nice. Good job on that, and thanks!
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2014-07-26, 20:57

brad stop making renders and play with us

although the legohaus does look gorgeous but still
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-07-27, 00:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
brad stop making renders and play with us
Looks like I missed you by that much, but I got to run into TPoit and Bryson for the first time in ages!
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2014-07-27, 12:47

: (

I'll be on today! For another six hours, probably. #weekend

#irresponsible
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-08-15, 22:26

Man, I'm such a slacker. I made a bunch more pretty pictures back when I was all over this thread a couple weeks ago, but forgot to post them all. More posts incoming as soon as they upload!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-08-15, 22:36

The old AppleNovaland sign!

Downtown Bridgeport!

The mysterious floating castle in the sky!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-08-15, 22:40

Space Invaders! (redone for retina display)

The master sword! (redone for retina display)

TARDIS!