MC: 1.9 - C'mon baby, take a chance with us

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: 1.9 - C'mon baby, take a chance with us
Page 1 of 16 [1] 2 3 4 5  Next Last Thread Tools
¡Damned!

2015-06-22, 21:10

^ click for _Jeb Instagram

And here's the shot blown out a bit:

Hopefully this doesn't involve a wipe, but it may. So many good little nuggets in the pic. Like 3 or 4 new blocks, 2 Ender-testifucks, and at least one of the new stones will have a stair variant. I expect that will go for a lot of the blocks... hopefully.

But no obsidian towers, which is a possible clue that MC is finally going large with The End? Maybe obsidian towers are only on islands that have dragons? That's some shades of FTB 'Enchanted Forest' that I miss wholeheartedly, and I hope it's kind've close.

Will we be able to grow those janky tree/cacti whatever plants in the overworld? Where in the fuck are these extra islands? Can we not wipe The End (and our ezXP) and the 'other islands' will propagate? So interesting.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2015-06-22 at 21:20.
¡Damned!

2015-06-22, 21:31

Also, I hope the direction MC took with the last update regarding 'new block crafting' continues with 1.9. As in, I could see some of these blocks being crafted from a combination of endstone, obsidian and possibly Nether Quartz, instead of strictly mining individual blocks.

I like that we can create mossy cobble and granite and shit like that by combining bits of banal stock and making it into so much better.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-06-22, 22:49

Seeing this and thinking about the fact that we are still on MC 1.8.1 makes me cringe. I was thinking about doing a test at home to upgrade us to 1.8.7 (or whatever the new version is right now) but haven't stopped to do it.

I was also tempted to just update and roll with it. I just don't want us DIW because I didn't see how well our vanilla world updated first.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-06-23, 11:37

Grey, if 1.9 does indeed require an End wipe, you and I need to get in there prior and collect all the resources, plus make a mental map of the trap design so we can rebuild it.

New blocks = MINING!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
¡Damned!

2015-06-23, 12:12

I hope there's a way to keep the new dragons out, otherwise we'll be back to chopping spiders for XP.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-06-23, 12:18

Is there anything dragons can't destroy, like obsidian, maybe?
¡Damned!

2015-06-23, 12:23

They can't destroy enderstone or obsidian, but they can move through it (and destroy anything inside of it), which is the problem.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-06-23, 12:27

By "moving through", does that mean they can literally fly through layers and layers, or can they just stick their noses in a few blocks?
¡Damned!

2015-06-23, 13:00

Hmm. I don't know exactly. I just know that they would still hit me if I was under layers or in a hidey-hole. It would be ideal if we could build a wall around it, I agree. But we'll have to wait and see I guess.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-06-23, 13:06

Yep.
¡Damned!

2015-06-23, 13:33

I'd like it if we didn't have to wipe at all, but whatever. If we need to you and I could whip the grinder out in a night. *pours one out for bobsky*

Lots of neat things coming in 1.9. Two-handedness, shields, a bunch of crazy new arrows, and the little stuff like Path blocks are just nice ways to make things a little more interesting.

I suspect we'll get "ite" slabs and stairs as well.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-06-23, 13:57

Cool, lots of neat stuff heading this way in the new update. I'm for skipping any wiping if possible. Heck, the idea of me doing a prune if daunting to me too. I'm sure I can do it, but I don't know if Brad is playing the game at all now or going to make the changes on the server as needed when the update does come.

Thinking I might spin up a multi-player world and see what limits the ender dragon has. Though that might all change with a End re-write/update.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-06-23, 14:43

I'm also for a no-wipe if we can. I'd really rather not rebuild everything - AGAIN!
¡Damned!

2015-06-23, 15:08

I've never handled it, so I'm not sure, but does the trim tool y'all use work on the End? The Nether?

It would be nice if we could just wipe everything outside of the Nether path.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2015-06-23, 15:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I don't know if Brad is playing the game at all now or going to make the changes on the server as needed when the update does come.
I saw his avatar on the map move from his city to his house in CC recently, so he at least snuck on once in the last few weeks.

Texture pack notwithstanding, I still have the chunk map that I will update when we decide to trim.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2015-06-23, 15:33

I relish the idea of a BRANT NEWT WORLT!!!!

Now buy me a Minecraft capable gaming PC.

Dr. Bobsky

2015-06-23, 16:39

It's nice that y'all are still carrying on after all these years...
¡Damned!

2015-06-23, 16:44

I truly wish you were with us still.

Maybe the overlords can find it in their hearts to let MC bygones be just that. Whitelisted but not forum enabled? I don't know.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2015-06-23, 17:12

So many insanely amazing inventions!
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-06-23, 17:31

I second Grey.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2015-06-23, 20:04

/me sneakily sneaks around to the sneaky place
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2015-06-23, 20:07

That said… I'd be happy to take a look at updating the server, world, texture pack, etc. I know I haven't been around there or here for a long time... just been dealing with some shit in my life these days, nothing terrible, that's kinda sapped the joy out of things and killed my interest in socializing much. I'll keep an eye out, though.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2015-06-23, 21:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
/me sneakily sneaks around to the sneaky place
Exactly.

Last edited by 709 : 2015-06-24 at 07:44.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2015-06-23, 22:35

I'll have to hop back in for 1.9 a bit once it's out, but I've been doing the Agrarian Skies 2 thing, mostly.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2015-06-23, 23:43

I've just been dealing with crap and continue to be afeared of traumatizing my MacLappy after the last one croaked.

Until I get my act together and actually build a PC rig I'll try to keep my gob shut.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-06-24, 10:06

Let's see, here, got the job, it's garden season, the lawn to take care of, loads of wood-working projects going right now, writing another book.

Yeah, MC is on the back burner probably until the fall.

But it's good to know Brad's typing fingers are still working.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2015-06-25, 00:29

I'm still playing MC almost daily, but I tend to get bored with vanilla. I'd love to do a modded server again, but I know it's too much for the server and for most of our computers.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
Dr. Bobsky

2015-06-25, 14:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I truly wish you were with us still.

Maybe the overlords can find it in their hearts to let MC bygones be just that. Whitelisted but not forum enabled? I don't know.
I am not opposed to rejoining albeit at a much lower intensity, but that is up to Brad and Tony to decide...
¡Damned!

2015-07-29, 14:29

wut
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-07-29, 15:24

I detect a fancy pirate ship. Drew will pee his self!

Edit: Um, have a look at the little Snoodle-Snout protruding from the tower in the middle-right and match that up to the back of the ship. Could that be a transport ship and a docking mechanism?

Perhaps the purple beam extending into he sky from the ship is an energy beam that gives the ship locomotion?

Holy crap, that would be cool!