Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Minecraft 1.3 released!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Minecraft 1.3 released!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-08-01, 20:11

I remember the announcement weeks ago, but I totally forgot this was being released today. It'll be this weekend before I get a chance to update the AppleNova texture pack and upgrade the server.

Meanwhile, thoughts? Experiences? Has anyone been playing with the preview builds? Anything horrible or wonderful of note?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
SpecMode
Wait what

2012-08-01, 21:34

Found a couple of random sandstone pyramids while I was wandering around in single-player, which were cool. Beyond that, not much comes to mind.

Got pretty burned out on MC, to be honest. Just logged into the server a couple days ago for the first time in weeks, and I built a cabin on top of a snow-covered mountain just to kill some time.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-08-01, 22:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode View Post
Got pretty burned out on MC, to be honest.
Same here. Maybe when 1.4 is released I'll feel differently… maybe…
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-08-01, 23:32

I'm telling you, at the end of the day it's the user interaction that makes it fun. I liked it so much because of all the silly fun times we had together. (cue weepy music)....

If possible, I'll be there for "opening night".

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2012-08-02, 14:35

I was on vacation last week and have been busy this week making up for it, but I've been on a little. I'm not leaving the museum unfinished.

Been reading a bit about 1.3.1 and it sounds like it's as buggy as expected for a major release.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2012-08-02 at 14:46.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-08-03, 01:42

I'm on 1.3.1. It's buggy, but I've only seen so much that is buggy for the small amount I've played. Spawned right next to a Desert Temple and a Desert Village. Large Biomes mode really REALLY makes them big. I'm looking forward to when I get more time to get back on the server more frequently. I miss playing and building and creeper sniping.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-08-04, 04:47

So for what it's worth...in SSP, I've got a Large Biomes world that is now about 4000x4000. I've seen one VERY large desert, a very large forest, a jungle I've yet to thoroughly explore, and some large plains. And a very large body of water in the middle of the large desert that was classified as ocean. Large Biomes isn't fucking around.

As for more with the bugs, the lighting glitch is out of control. Enough that I've turned it to peaceful so I don't have to deal with all the daytime creepers.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-08-04, 19:17

So, anybody feel like updating tonight? I was working on updating my texture pack earlier today (will upload here shortly), and I figured maybe it's time for a new adventure. Maybe explore a brand new world for a few hours before restoring Cactuar?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2012-08-04, 19:27

I'd be up for it - if nothing else than to get lost in one of the new biomes.

I haven't checked out 1.3 at all yet, so it would be fun.

So it goes.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2012-08-04, 19:53

Sounds interesting. I'd be on board.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-08-04, 19:58

Great! Let's aim for 10 PM EDT tonight. That gives me about an hour to finish tinkering with the server before pulling the switch.

Might be a small crowd, but it's better than nothing!

SpecMode
Wait what

2012-08-04, 20:22

Ooooooh! I'm game...let's do this!
¡Damned!

2012-08-04, 20:34

I PM'd Drew, so if he's not out carousing tonight hopefully he can join us - it's his favorite time after all.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-08-04, 20:56

Taking the server down for backup and updates!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-08-04, 21:10

And we're online! With Drew! In a tree!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-08-11, 01:22

So, some GREAT news about 1.3.1: it would seem that the collision bug with mobs and walls has been fixed (or greatly reduced). I have a farm with three pens of one-high fence, and after several in-game days, not a single animal has escaped or died. Woohoo!

¡Damned!

2012-08-11, 17:22

OK, so I built a Portal near Spawn with the old-school lava and water-bucket method. Lighting ceremony is @9PM EST. New adventures!!!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-08-11, 18:14

Ooooo fun! I hope to be there for that.