Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

WoW thread

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
WoW thread
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2011-06-19, 18:17

Because there should be one. Anyway guess what I finally got on my hunter today? After a couple years of trying to tame him on and off, I finally got Skoll.

Short version: Skoll is a rare beast that only spawns at random every so often, and hunters can tame him. He is a spirit beast with electricity crackling around him. He's very hard to get because he's desirable to hunters because of his rarity, so it's surprisingly hard to ever even see him, much less tame him.

I got super lucky today, and logged in about 4 seconds before Skoll spawned right in front of me. I tamed him immediately, right under the nose of another hunter who had been sitting there camping him.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-06-19, 19:42

Sounds sweet. Man I'm a sucker for this stuff just can't take the plunge. (Hoping my story will be different with SW:TOR>0
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-06-19, 19:58

There should be a 'Nova TOR group. Or Guild Wars 2, if that ever comes out.

Warcraft is so not hip and with it any more, sorry Xaq. It's not even the hippest craft. All the cool kids are mining.

But...cute pet.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2011-06-19, 20:17

If there aren't GW2 or WoW groups I'ma cut a bitch. We'd probably need 2 TOR groups though, one Sith and one Republic. Because I am playing a Sith Warrior Juggernaut, dammit!

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-06-19, 21:15

I'm thinking of going Jedi Sentinel if it's not too popular, or smuggler.
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2011-06-19, 21:34

I'm rolling all of the Force classes eventually. In order of interest: Warrior Juggernaut, Knight Sentinel, then lower down Inquisitor Sorcerer and Consular Shadow. As you can probably tell from this list, I have a thing for melee DPS; only the Sorcerer is pure ranged, and that's because Force lightning! <3 I originally wanted 1 DS Jedi & 1 LS Sith, then realized that an LS Sith is just weeeeeird.

guess who dressed up as a Sith Lord for Halloween every year?
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2011-06-21, 12:53

Anyway, if anybody wants to join me in WoW, I have a guild on Kilrogg. Anybody from 'nova is welcome. We're strictly casual, and the only people in the guild right now are me, my friend Bryan, my gf and all our combined toons.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2011-06-21, 14:34

hmm, i had planned to let my wow account expire, but I logged in three days after it had done a three month renew. maybe i'll pick it up again.

I was thinking about playing on a PVP server for a change of pace, but not sure if it would just piss me off constantly.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
faramirtook
A for effort.

2011-06-21, 16:05

I haven't played in a very long time. I had a level 70 raid heal specced NE Druid, and I was starting to break into Tier 5 when Wrath came out. I bought it, but I hate leveling so much. I really want to explore all the changes in Cataclysm, though. That was my favorite thing to do when I wasn't raiding-- just flying around and exploring all the detail in the worlds.

Ale, man, ale's the stuff to drink
For fellows whom it hurts to think
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2011-06-21, 16:11

@ Alc - I tried that once, and as it turns out being ganked constantly was not my idea of fun. I have a lot more fun playing on a PVE server.