kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-09-29, 13:19

Server ist kapüt!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-09-29, 13:21

I'm in right now. It is up... Wonder if my IP changed or something.

IP looks good. What happens when you try to connect?

Edit: Testing from my web server that is outside of my firewall with a hosting company:
Code:
[turtle@web-nyc3 ~]$ telnet anmc.dyndns.org 25565 Trying 71.120.224.76... Connected to anmc.dyndns.org. Escape character is '^]'. ^CConnection closed by foreign host. [turtle@web-nyc3 ~]$ telnet mc.applenova.com 25565 Trying 71.120.224.76... Connected to mc.applenova.com. Escape character is '^]'. ^CConnection closed by foreign host.
Both tests show the server accessible still.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-09-29, 13:46

Man, there's zero connection on my end, and our intrawebs is working just fine.

Hmmmm

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-09-29, 13:50

Go to Terminal and try to telnet like I showed above. I'd say try pinging but my firewall drops pings.

Edit: These two sites show I'm up too. Wonder why you can't connect now. Let me know how the telnet test goes.

You can also try
Code:
dig anmc.dyndns.org
and let me know what IP it gives you.

Note, for the sake of troubleshooting I'm having you use my dynamic hostname rather than mc.applenova.com. While that name points to the dynamic hostname, I want to remove at least one variable from the troubleshooting.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2017-09-29 at 14:09.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-09-29, 14:14

I just rebooted my computer and now I'm on.

Weird.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-09-29, 14:19

That happens when you live in a Windows world.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-10-02, 16:37

Serve is down at the moment. Crash on the host machine. Working to resolve.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-10-02, 19:24

Sorry if you were on. Forced server reboot again. This should conclude issues for getting on the server tonight.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-10-10, 20:18

host machine for the MC server just locked up. Rebooting now and it should be back up shortly.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-10-14, 21:44

Host machine issues again. Will be back up shortly I hope.

I'm prepping to update to the newest OS on there now so I wasn't planning to reboot yet. Sorry if you were on and got dropped.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-10-25, 17:12

In the not to distant future I'm going to be shutting down the server in preps to move it to it's new home. I have a new host machine I just finished building and need to pull some hardware (RAM) out of the one it is currently running on. I should only be down for about 30 minutes or so during that time as I just need to power down the host and remove the two sticks and close it back up.

Later I'll post about the changes made when I'm getting it moved to the new ESXi server. I still have a bunch of configuration to do on it so that will be within the week most likely.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-10-25, 17:47

Did you kill it?
¡Damned!

2017-10-26, 07:39

Is it happening? I'm getting: io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnecte xception: connection refused
kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-10-26, 12:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Is it happening? I'm getting: io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnecte xception: connection refused
Yep. Me, too.

Edit: Maybe Turtle got sucked into a wormhole?

Last edited by kscherer : 2017-10-26 at 14:25.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-10-26, 15:46

Sorry guys. I didn't get the notice that there was a post on here and totally missed it.

The server suffered from an Out of Memory error and Java was killed. I have just restarted the server and hope it resolves it. There was a Java update that I recently did that could be why the server now want more RAM. I can allocate more if needed. Please PM me if you post on here and here nothing from me.

Sorry for the delay guys.

Edit: Hoping the reboot fixed it. I'm logged in now and there's plenty of RAM free:
Code:
$ free -m total used free shared buff/cache available Mem: 3790 1013 2539 8 237 2538 Swap: 3967 0 3967

kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-10-26, 16:56

Seems to be playing well.

Thanks
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-10-30, 10:12

In the not too distant future I'm going to be moving the MC server to the new ESXi server I just built, Hildegund. This will require that I shutdown the VM initiate the migration and then bring up on the new host. Make a few adjustments and then go live. I'll try to make sure no one is on and it will likely happen first thing in the morning for me to impact the least players.

I really don't know how long this process will take, so I'll post here when I'm about to begin.

If catastrophe happens, I'll just turn it back on here on it's current host, Volstagg, and try again another time.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-10-30, 13:34

Are you killing it?
¡Damned!

2017-10-30, 13:39

I was on, got sketchy bumped again. Everything just kind've stops. I'm able to walk around for a bit looking at unspeaking and frozen sheep, parrots, whatever.... then black. The past few times I've lost everything, but maybe this was just a machine freeze.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-10-30, 13:41

That is because we just lost power to my house. It will be back up once we get power back. Since it was a drop, please check inventory and such when you get back in.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-10-30, 14:11

Looks like power is coming back on now. The server should be back online shortly while all the gear in-between comes back. I'm not sure that Volstagg ever dropped so we might not have lost anything. I was able to do a backup at 14:45 or so while it was still up so we should be good there at least.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-10-30, 14:43

I just logged into the game (power came back) and it looks good from my perspective. Give it a shot and let me know if you need goods. I will note that the game server never lost power. The battery backup held strong for it.

¡Damned!

2017-11-03, 08:12

Server crash? I was on for just a sec and got fro-zoned.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-11-03, 13:24

Looks like it was an out of memory kill again. I've restarted the server now. I'm going to move it to the new server this weekend most likely. This will allow me to devote more resources to it and hopefully stabilize it better.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-11-03, 14:26

Oooooo, stability! Sounds delicious.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-11-05, 12:55

Server is down while I backup, move and bring up on the new host.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-11-05, 18:45

This move is taking WAY longer than I expected.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-11-05, 20:34

Finally up on the new server. Give it a run through and let me know if there is an issue. I'm not feeling great so I won't be at work in the morning. PM me if there is an issue when you try to get on as well as posting here.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-11-16, 18:30

Did it go uck?
¡Damned!

2017-11-16, 19:56

Looks like it. PM turtle?