Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

The Retro Project

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
The Retro Project
MadDoc

2007-03-07, 14:08

Hello,

I have started a project to write a Z80 emulator. For those of you who don't know what the Z80 is, it's a microprocessor that was used to power the GameBoy, Sinclair Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, Sega Master System and many other great (older) systems.

I'm not a programmer by profession. I have started this project as a proof of concept really. My ultimate goal is to create a working Spectrum / Amstrad emulator using REALbasic only. The finished programme will run on Mac, Linux and Windows.

The project is supposed to be a learning experience for myself and others. The project begins by learning about binary numbers and the structure of microprocessors and slowly moves up through code examples to a finished and (hopefully) working emulator.

If you are interested then please visit the site or the forums. It would be nice to see you!

Thanks,

MadDoc