AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Ender Farm

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Ender Farm
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-11-23, 22:02

So I discovered the worst kept secret of the server today that the enderstone in the End has been harvested for quick cash by several players (I am now one, but I put the cash to good general purpose use, which I will get to in a second). Since the enderman island in the End is a finite resource and since I am in a trap building mood having just finished lighting up the cave systems under the location of the future communal overworld mob farm, I decided to make an xp/enderpearl/wealth generating farm in the End. Using my misbegotten cash, I constructed the farm at the far end of the long cobblestone path that you can see when you warp to the End. The farm is self-explanatory: punch ender, collect xp and enderpearl, sell enderpearl or keep (they are very useful for caving).*

The journey to the End is dangerous as is the farm -- your avatar will start to starve faster than you thought possible -- but what's a little risk to go along with an amazing award.

709 made the path to the farm immensely safer, built the enchantment room and donated a metric shitton of cobblestone for the pistons (and kept donating every time i fell off the tower and lost all of the pistons) -- send appreciation his way...

*The farm is based upon minecraft youtuber panda's design. Liberties were taken in making it slightly larger and more aesthetically pleasing.
¡Damned!

2013-11-24, 17:23

It really is amazing - I'm consistently able to get up to 30xp in close to a minute.

There's a chest directly below the enchantment table that contains books for anyone to use. Given the way the xp builds up so fast you'll need them.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2013-11-24, 20:32

Quite the fun little place, even for a novice like myself.

Thanks to 709 and BB for loads of help!
billybobsky
BANNED

2013-11-25, 17:52

I added more books to the chest (I will continue to do so as I can from my small sugar cane farm), and an anvil to the trap for those intrepid souls wanting immediate satisfaction of using their xp in more ways than one at its source...
¡Damned!

2014-03-08, 15:03

So, I was wondering if this may become a thing again. We'd have to wipe The End first, of course, because Dragon Party. So, after that sometime.

I ask only because it was an amazing source of enchanted books. Ender pearls are priced accordingly now, so those aren't of incredible value, but damn if the XP gathering and the book enchanting wasn't the best - and now that books have multiple enchants it would be even better.

I'd gladly donate all the pistons needed and help out in the construction.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-03-08, 15:35

Yes! I'd forgotten all about wiping the End. Howzabouts I wipe the End on Thursday (2014-03-13), and we can have a Dragon Party either Friday night or Saturday night? I'm game for either day.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
billybobsky
BANNED

2014-03-08, 15:45

Excellent, and 709, I would gladly accept help!
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-03-08, 19:32

I am also happy to donate any materials that might be needed.

Although I might not be able to join the dragon destruction.

But …
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-03-08, 20:22

So what are we going to do TONIGHT??

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-04-04, 21:45

First, thank you very much bb, 709 and whoever else it was helping get this trap built so quickly for us all. I think it's awesome and love that we have it as an option.

I do have a request for making it a tad more "efficient" though. With the ceiling being half slab the Endermen are able to touch you if you stand one block away. If you were to replace the block closest to their opening with a full block it would prevent them from getting to you and allow you to stand in one place while they all come to you! I even did a video to show you what I mean.

This way you don't have to run from side to side swiping at them, you can stand mostly still while they come rushing to their death! All you have to do is head over and pickup the XP. Start looking down before you are ready to be done and you won't make any more mad. Kill of the last of the mad ones and you're done. Notice I went from almost none to 30 in that short video? Also notice how little food was used?

Don't worry, I've already put the blocks back the way they were. I just changed them to do the demo. I just think even if just the blocks at the ends (or one end) were changed then it would make this a simpler harvesting method.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
billybobsky
BANNED

2014-04-05, 08:06

I already use that method without needing the barrier there -- also food bar is not a real indication of anything since for a while after eating it will not drop, then start to drop rapidly. But for your safety, I have added half slabs to the two ends...

Last edited by billybobsky : 2014-04-05 at 10:34.
Dr. Bobsky

2018-11-04, 12:29

So uh, zombie thread is resurrected because:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cHWiATiOhY

Looks like if this 'bug' is kept, all of the farms I contributed to the server would stop working. Be on the lookout -- I think Mojang may finally have found their way to killing stupidly fast farms.
¡Damned!

2018-11-06, 09:52

Ooh yeah, that's a pretty big deal. One the one hand, it'd be really nice not to have to torch or slab the top of a build, on the other... goodbye easy XP.

Good find. I was considering building a gold farm in the nether sometime soon. Glad I waited.

So it goes.