Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Just got a new cell phone

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Just got a new cell phone
Wrao
Yarp

2005-09-15, 19:03

So I just got a LG VX 8100 for $20 thru renewing my verizon contract. Ultimately, it's just a phone, but now that I have a modern phone, I want to customize the hell out of it. So, what do I need to do to get some custom ringtones and graphics on here? Ideally, stuff I create in reason. Anyone have one of these phones? Any phone moguls want to slam me for getting this phone? Without getting into smart phone territory it was pretty much the 'best' phone verizon has to offer. So that ain't not bad. I got this program called BitPim which is supposed to help with manipulating data on these(and many other) phones, but it keeps crashing when I load it.

Otherwise, if you have my cell phone number(doubtful, you're all a bunch of geeks) then give me a call.

Also, does anyone know if this phone supports AIM?

Last edited by Wrao : 2005-09-15 at 19:56.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2005-09-15, 20:30

I don't believe that it supports AIM out of the box.

You could probably hack something in java to give it AIM functionality, though, if you know your stuff.

You ask me for a hamburger.
Wrao
Yarp

2005-09-15, 20:36

Yea, I've been reading more and more about the phone, apparently it really is an awesome phone, but verizon crippled it something mean in a lot of places.

The general consensus I hear is that with bitpim and/or a good working knowledge of java, you can get around all of verizon's blocks and ultimately have a kick ass phone with all sorts of customizations. Now I just have to get bitpim to work.