MC: 1.9 - C'mon baby, take a chance with us

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: 1.9 - C'mon baby, take a chance with us
Page 11 of 16 First Previous 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15  Next Last Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-12-09, 12:06

I'll get you out of it once I see you on again. I'll try getting on there in a few minutes too.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2015-12-11, 22:00

OK, take two on trimming the world. I decided to wait last weekend since I wasn't sure about keeping the southward strip. Tomorrow probably afternoon/evening I'll take the game down, move the chunk files, and start it back up. The whole operation should take less than five minutes!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-12-11, 22:28

Let me know before you actually make the trim if you don't mind. Don't hold off on it for me, but I want to make sure I have a full copy of the world map to archive like 709 requested. To make it "easy" I'll stop the map automation now so I won't try to run on the trimmed world over top of the current map.

So as I'm typing this, just do it when you want and I'll grab the saved map tar and do a full final map prior to trim. Do a last minute backup though as you always do and I'll be good.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-12-15, 12:34

So the world was trimmed for those who didn't notice. Please limit random expansion of the map now.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-12-15, 12:48

Oh, hell no. Grey and I are going out to 7500, then running a big, long circular trek all the way 'round. Gonna rape every village, steal every diamond, and throw down portals every 50 blocks! Oh, yeah. Between us, we have enough obsidian to do it, too!

Then, we're gonna set the forrest on fire every hundred blocks and leave pressure-plate TNT traps frickin' everywhere!

Oh, and ~signs at odd intervals

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
drewprops
Space Pirate

2015-12-15, 17:16

*pillage

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2015-12-16, 00:59

No, no. I'm sure Ken meant exactly what he said.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-12-16, 12:21

"pillage every village" sounds so, so Dr. Seuss.

Is that a Testificate Man that I see?
Why is that man looking at me?
Why does he make that ridiculous sound?
Burn that man's village right to the ground!
There'll be lots of blood on the spillage
The night of the great village pillage spillage

I don't drink coffee. So … you get what you get.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-12-17, 00:47

Brad, when did you actually trim the map? I seem to be getting a copy that is post-trim.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-12-17, 14:45

Um …

Well …

Uh …

Last night was … fun?

There were some … things … flying things. And there was a KABOOM-BLAM-BANG!!?!! … I think there was a horse.

Not sure, really. I remember so little.

By the way, if anyone finds a stray zombie-bunny, I think he belongs to Grey. But not sure. Might be mine.

And, just FYI, please don't leave any large, unaccounted for blocks of TNT laying about. The temptation is just too much.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2015-12-17, 20:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Brad, when did you actually trim the map? I seem to be getting a copy that is post-trim.
I think it was Saturday night. So, a backup from Friday should do it if you still have one! I'm posting from my phone now waiting for Star Wars to start (woo!), but I can get online later tonight to check to find out more specifically if needed.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2015-12-17, 20:09

Also, yeah! Last night. Well. Let's do that again some time in a more organized fashion.

I'm thinking once tall town and bradtropolis fill out a bit more, we organize a survival event where everyone suits up and takes on hordes of monsters in the cities. I could fire a backup of the world beforehand so we can relenquish the more umm *destructive* beasties like ender dragons and withers through the city streets.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-12-17, 22:30

No need for more details. I was looking for the file size to change when I downloaded it to know you trimmed it. However, you just moved the chunks to a different folder rather than deleting them right away so I missed the pruning. I figured it out after running the map from the 14th a few times and it came up short on map data even thought the tar was the same size. We are good now.

If you look at the maps online you will see them starting to fill in normally as it goes.

Massive destruction and bosses sounds like loads of fun!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-12-18, 00:25

It was me, alright? It was ME!

I killed your horse. Stop with the torture already. I can't take anymore. It's Brad's fault. He tempted me. It was him! If he hadn't put the gigantic TNT cube there, your damn horse would still be alive, alright?

Selfish heathen! Tempter! Meany pants!

Poor horsey. Poor, poor horsey.

Let's do it again! More monsters. Bigger monsters. BADDER MONSTERS!!! And more flying bunnies, too. I like those little guys. They're loads of fun. Shoot the bats, and the bunnies fall to the ground and bite Grey, and I LIKE that! Oh, and then there are bazillions of them left to wander the countryside and annoy the hell out of innocent little builders who are just trying to repair the DAMAGE!!

So, yeah. Let's do it again.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-12-18, 02:02

My horse is dead? What did I actually miss?
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-12-18, 11:14

Um, well, uh, you see, there was this thing and, uh, yeah. That's what happened.

Okay, okay, I'll talk.

So, I've shot about ten thousand flaming arrows out into the world and never, not once, have they ever set anything on fire. Not once.

Yep, it's true.

So, uh, you can probably see where this is going? Maybe?

Anyway, we were all in your corner of Tall Town doing a little cleanup. It was right after you left for the night. There was a corner (SE) of your lot that still had a large cliff face and we wanted to mow it down. So Brad asked if we were going to pick it to death, or if he should just "wipe it off the board", so to speak. We opted for the wipe, since it was a lot of crap. So he started wiping, and then (jokingly) placed 1300 TNT blocks in a big cube on top of the cliff.

See where this is going, yet?

Anyway, I couldn't resist—knowing full well that flaming arrows don't set anything on fire—and let fly the gods of war. If you had your ear to the floor when I fired, you would have heard Brad yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" and little feet scattering in all directions.

Yep. It went down like that. Craters everywhere! Unfortunately, one of those craters was you know where. Took us an hour just to clean up the mess. Then the real fun started.

Anyway, your horse was a casualty of downright silliness. Gut-wrenching, knee-slapping, keyboard-slobbering silliness. We all wish you had been there to see it.

Pick any horse from my coral that you want as payment. Take two. There's diamond armor in the chest inside the barn. Dress 'em up good.

Man, I'm still laughing. It hurts!

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-12-18, 15:33

Man I wish I was there to see it. That does sound like lots of fun! Oh well, thanks for allowing me to take a horse or two in trade. I won't be traumatized by the loss of the horse, just the fun I missed out having.

¡Damned!

2016-02-05, 23:23

While you mokes are on vacation I took some time to finish the rail system. There's just a short leg that I need to complete tonight (from downtown to T's) but after that everything should be shiny.

I've adopted a couple of design cues from Bradtropolis Station, notably the green/red and black clay layouts. Also, the middle launcher button, in which I had to dig down carefully to suss the mechanics. Fucking brilliant, Brad.

–––––

And done. The only thing I might have weirded is T's station. Since it's a stop, really, I put the incoming/outgoing rails where I thought best in line with the other tracks. Check it out, T, and let me know what you think. I don't feel that we need a fancy switcher there since the older tracks are bi-directional.

-----

Also, I finished the Southlantis line out to the ridge before the snowy biome and put a station in. It's nice. There's a set of doors that Bryson could branch out from to get to Area 53 if he desires, but for now it's a lookout deck.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2016-02-06 at 09:21.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-02-06, 01:38

Sorry I haven't been able to help you finish that sucker out. I've been so busy I can't see my own hands.

Between the job, building tables for a client, and helping the smart-ass kid with her math, I have had no time for you.

P.S. Grendagle finished semester 1 with a 4.0, the Dean's List, the President's List, and an invitation to Phi Beta Kappa, which she accepted. Yes, I'm a proud dad.

Thought you might like to know that.

Dude! I have no idea where she got those brains. They aren't mine. I think the wife may have been "out of town".

¡Damned!

2016-02-06, 09:04

Holy shit, that's amazing! You could tell by the way that she always rolls her eyes at you that she had something going for her.

Tell her I say congrats, from a nameless and faceless internet game person.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-02-06, 20:33

Congrats on the good news Ken! Pass on my attaboy too.

That station at my CC home looks just fine 709. I think you're right about not needing to merge the two lines really.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-02-06, 23:05

709, how do we get to the Mushroom island? I never have found the portal in Nether.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-02-08, 00:29

Never mind, I found it.
¡Damned!

2016-02-09, 08:54

For others: Go past the SE portal and follow the stone slab path through the fortress. You'll know the portal when you see it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-02-29, 17:50

Looks like 1.9 is official now!
¡Damned!

2016-03-02, 11:05

We might want to wait until 1.9.1 to upgrade – lots of people are reporting unusual lag in this release.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-03, 22:01

Why wait, let us do it now!

Or wait until stable again. I'm good with that too. Actually, it's my plan to wait for Brad. Though if I can this weekend I'll be upgrading a snapshot of this world and generally seeing how it goes.

¡Damned!

2016-03-04, 10:23

I'm up for a test run.

In my small temp world I haven't run into the lag that people seem to be complaining about, but it would be a good test in general to trial-run our world before The Upgrade™.

Maybe we upgrade next weekend if it's doable. That gives people a week to unload their inventory, armor and ender chests so they don't lose it.

So it goes.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2016-03-10, 20:26

Any word if the upgrade is a go yet?
¡Damned!

2016-03-10, 20:30

Word is that the official release of 1.9.1 is in two weeks. Maybe we make a plan to upgrade then?