User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Apple needs to find some way to take over the world.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Apple needs to find some way to take over the world.
macgeek2004

2005-01-22, 02:29

Macs are 100000000 times better than PC's.

This is a fact.

Why, oh why, does apple only get 2% of the computer market?

Apple needs to domiate the world. If everyone had a mac, the world would be a much better place. There would be no viruses, no Blue Screens of Death.

A clumsy, retarted, stupid, unusable product like a Windows PC, should be BANNED FROM THE EARTH.

Apple is creating everything.

If it hadn't been for Apple, the industry would be Light Years behind where it is now.

A brilliant company like Apple emerges once in a lifetime, to create unmatched technology.

Only a planet full of mindless robots can fail to see the incredible genius in Apple Computer.

A movement needs to be started. Maybe starting small, but growing and growing, untill Microsoft will be FORCED OUT OF BUSINESS.

That is the ultimate Goal.

This Must Be Done.

WHO WILL HELP ME BRING A GENIUS LIKE STEVE JOBS TO THE PLACE HE BELONGS IN THE WORLD???
MCQ
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MCQ  
2005-01-22, 02:47

A little heated, eh? Methinks the RDF is just a tad too strong with this person.
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2005-01-22, 03:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek2004
Where I've worked for the past 13 years or so, Apple has been dominant - Music production and TV/Film work.

Go to any recording studio, film stage, DVD house and you will find Power Macs galore and most clients using PowerBooks.

It doesn't matter that there are clunky PC's at every Secretary's desk.
Apple will never catch up to the sheer numbers of PC's out there in the corporate environment and they do not need to.

Apple innovates, creates and has 4 Billion in the bank.
Apple has taken over the World. It's just that a lot of people haven't realized it - yet.
czarina_x

Send a message via AIM to czarina_x Send a message via MSN to czarina_x  
2005-01-22, 07:51

I think it's safe to say that iPods have single-handedly taken over the world...
BlueRabbit
Veteran Member

2005-01-22, 12:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosferaDrew
Apple has taken over the World. It's just that a lot of people haven't realized it - yet.
Actually, I think it's up to 6.5 billion as of this last quarter. IMO, Apple is kinda like the puppetmaster of the computer industry. Few people pay attention to them, but the industry generally follows whatever they do.

Edit: It's 9:30 AM. I can't spell
wiskedjak

2005-01-22, 12:48

Quote:
$

Apple priced itself out of the market a long time ago and has placed itself into a vicious cycle. Windows based machines were cheaper than Macs. People bought more Windows based machines than Macs. Software developers focused their efforts on the Windows OS. Macs remained expensive and had limited software available. Windows based machines take 95%+ of the market.

Now Macs are coming down in price and most of the major software is available on both platforms. So, why does Apple STILL only have a minimal market share? Because there are more costs to switching than just the computer. Replacing the Windows software that one already possesses can easily double or triple the cost of switching platforms.

And then there is the issue of learning a completely new OS after almost a decade of learning another.
holbox

2005-01-22, 13:04

You want to talk market %s.????

What about Rolls? What about Caddys?

All the really good stuff - the really quality things will always have a small following. Most people will never understand quality.

Price rules those that will never see the difference.

I'd rather drive cross country in a Rolls than a Chevy, but most people will never put the extra effort it takes to own the Rolls.

Why try and convert the world? Enjoy the best. Eat the big shrimp, drink the fine wine. Agree with those that swear the cheap stuff is "Just as good!"

Agree that you "must be nuts" to own a Mac. Why cast your pearls before the swine? :smokey:
adam_tj

2005-01-22, 13:20

No more think different for the slogan!!! How about:Bill Gates on Welfare
autodata
hustlin

2005-01-22, 14:45

Apple computers are specialty products that lock you into one company and make you dependent on it for too much. I love apple computers and software, but the last thing I want is for the company to have a majority market share. Right now we have a lot of options and that is a very good thing.

Last edited by autodata : 2005-01-22 at 15:01.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-01-22, 15:47

Ah, the sweet ignorant naiveté of youthful irrational exuberance.

Oh, and, silly as this thread is, I'm moving it to General Discussion since it's not focused on any specific product.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
luxmac

2005-01-26, 04:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosferaDrew
Where I've worked for the past 13 years or so, Apple has been dominant - Music production and TV/Film work.

Go to any recording studio, film stage, DVD house and you will find Power Macs galore and most clients using PowerBooks.

It doesn't matter that there are clunky PC's at every Secretary's desk.
Apple will never catch up to the sheer numbers of PC's out there in the corporate environment and they do not need to.

it is obvious why pc are cheaper, more firms more price debat more offering more hardware choices etc
but apple was not playing the market share dominator or the pc vs mac game, apple did play on its particular role as exceptional computer creators that did simply work, work better but cost more. but hey rollyroce cartier diamonds and so on will never drop price to make their products more affordable

mac will not die, and this for sure at least and thnaks god since the ipod
and who knows what the macmini will do to the pc world

you cannot change everyone to switch, i did it but it is not that easy as simply go and buy a mac, who are used to one system and really have to will to change your thinking
on the other hand as it was already said most teacher and education institut see the benefit of apple, music and film industry too, bit by bit people may come over to the other side turing their back to the dark side of lord gates

IMAC G5 - since 2004 december never forget that day - 1,8 ghz 20inch, 1gb memory, 160 gb harddrive
czarina_x

Send a message via AIM to czarina_x Send a message via MSN to czarina_x  
2005-01-26, 08:55

i agree with luxmac. people are just too accoustomed to PCs. It's easier to get things for PC. It's easy to find some guy in a shed to fix your PC [because God knows you'll need em!]. PC stuff is just cheaper too. And most people don't need a mac, cos all they need is their Microsoft office spreadsheets or those ancient DOS looking "super smart filing system programs" [usually favoured by large, inefficient govt. agencies]. Oh. and Win Word.

[and some "nerds" like to make themselves feel big by bragging about how great they are at fixing their ever-freezing/overheating/crashing shitbox of a computer. if they had a mac, well, that wouldn't happen so much, if ever]
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-01-26, 09:37

I've long believed that: to some, constantly putzing with their computers - fixing this, updating that, rigging this, patching that, chasing down this, troubleshooting that, etc. - is like some sort of noble badge of honor or something.

I guess I shouldn't begrudge folks who find that interesting or "exciting", but it's not how I want to spend my time. I know people who literally spend a good 1/3 (or more!) of their time in front of their computers just FIXING stuff, and chasing down gremlins (hardware- or software-based). Every day or week brings a new mini-crisis or glitch.

I'll talk to them on the phone and they'll just go through this huge explanation of what's not working and why, and what they need to do or buy to fix it and that they "hope to get it working by Thursday" and stuff like that.

They talk about it just being "part of it" (owning a computer), which I just simply can't buy. Or understand. I know better, frankly.

No thanks. I'm just not built that way, I guess...
luxmac

2005-01-26, 10:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by czarina_x
i agree with luxmac. people are just too accoustomed to PCs. It's easier to get things for PC. It's easy to find some guy in a shed to fix your PC [because God knows you'll need em!]. PC stuff is just cheaper too. And most people don't need a mac, cos all they need is their Microsoft office spreadsheets or those ancient DOS looking "super smart filing system programs" [usually favoured by large, inefficient govt. agencies]. Oh. and Win Word.

[and some "nerds" like to make themselves feel big by bragging about how great they are at fixing their ever-freezing/overheating/crashing shitbox of a computer. if they had a mac, well, that wouldn't happen so much, if ever]
you are absolutly right, i just don't get it, friends of me telling me after a weekend of working on their pc to repair the damm machine that finally for some onknown reason now it works (for how long) why do people have to stress themselves like that?
but yes pc hardware and software is cheaper and more easily available, everyone whos some guy whom you can get some software or an old hardware from....that's all it's about

ps: it's proven that toyotas and porshces have the lowest number in technical hardware problem over the years but how do you drive porsche? i don't, i wish i could but thats another story

IMAC G5 - since 2004 december never forget that day - 1,8 ghz 20inch, 1gb memory, 160 gb harddrive
macgeek2004

2005-01-26, 17:27

But why is everything cheaper for PC??

How did that happen?
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2005-01-26, 19:01

Quote:

How did that happen?
Sheer volume, supply and demand.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-01-26, 19:19

Quote:

How did that happen?
You do realize, of course, that PC manufacturers have struggled to stay alive despite a full magnitude more sales than Apple, right? IBM (yes, BIG BLUE, for crying out loud!!) just sold off its PC division to a Chinese company because it was profitless for years. Dell is the only big name that has made a decent profit and that's because it sells higher-margin servers and puts everything it has into R&D for finding cheaper ways to manufacture.

Instead of innovating like Apple, everyone on the PC side is working on cutting corners just to keep in the black.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
luxmac

2005-01-27, 03:27

Quote:

How did that happen?
lets make a little market analyse: we got the computer world, that is in my view devided between pc and apple. apple in its corner plays in a league of its own. pc world has to defend it self against all the other cheap productionfirm noname pc and so on, why do you think hp and compac got together, big love , i don't think so. besides dell noone is really making big profit just by selling hardware pc.
apple with the ipod and newly with the mac mini (considering its price) is entering that pc world. the ipod success story does'nt has to be retold. so lets see what minime, ups sorry minimac can do.