Found a great deal, share it here!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Found a great deal, share it here!
Page 4 of 17 Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  Next Last Thread Tools
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-12-29, 22:26

Or you could get a new MacBook for $728.

If you're a University of Maryland student.

Or, y'know, are willing to lie about it.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-12-29, 22:33

Why the hell just that one school, I wonder?

Hardly seems fair.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2009-12-30, 01:05

More Steam deals. Over the holidays I got Defense Grid and Braid for $2.49 each (though I don't think those are active anymore). And they've got some one-day deals going on right now. I saw Race Driver GRID (fairly new racing game, good graphics) for $15. Also there's Jade Empire for $3.75, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor for $7.49, and a lot more.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2010-01-30, 14:01

Just a head's up. I found this article, linked from Yahoo's homepage.

It's about big price cuts on TVs leading up to next Sunday's Super Bowl...Walmart, Best Buy and others cutting prices $30-900(!) on various brands and models.

Might be of interest to some here.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2010-01-30, 14:46

Gah, I always feel like I'm in the market for a new tv - I hate it. Good deals always make me want to go do research and buy a new big screen. I just wish mine would break so I could finally do it.

User formally known as Sh0eWax
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2010-01-30, 15:12

I'm shocked at how affordable they're all getting. I don't follow this stuff in any serious, hardcore way (it's only when I walk into a Target, Walmart or Best Buy that I see 40-42" models getting down into the $500-600 range that I think back to a few years ago, when nothing was under $1,000).

But, at this pace, come Christmas (or sometime in 2011), getting a ~40" LCD TV shouldn't be that big of an expense? For someone who's still got a little 24"(?) off-brand tube TV of so-so quality/clarity, that's something to keep in mind.

Off-topic (click to toggle):
Then again, I should just treat myself to a 27" iMac and Netflix account and say "to hell with TV and cable", and all it represents these days (crazy skanks from Atlanta or Orange County fighting on the sidewalk; people embarrassing themselves by singing/dancing badly; unfunny sitcoms; pointless, derivative dramas; biased, useless "news"; professional sports played by thugs, addicts and crybabies, etc.).

A 42" HD TV for $200-250 isn't going to change the fact that the only thing on is wall-to-wall, unwatchable shit.

torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2010-01-31, 08:38

Sam and Max season 1 is on sale for $5 until midnight tonight. The price is normally $30. I don't know much about the series but I like the telltale games folks' sense of humor and style.
tomoe
Veteran Member

2010-02-13, 18:28

For PS3 owners, Fl0w is free today from the PSN.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2010-02-13, 21:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe View Post
How do I download the game or queue it to download on my PS3? I'm seeing the game here but can't figure out how to make it load up for my system. I am logged in too BTW.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2010-02-13, 21:24

I just did it through PSN on my PS3 Turtle.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2010-02-13, 21:45

Me too, but the source link says you can do it through the PSN web site. I was just wondering how since I don't go to my PS3 that often.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2010-02-13, 23:05

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. I thought that you may have thought it was only available through the link in source. My bad.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-02-14, 04:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I'm shocked at how affordable they're all getting. I don't follow this stuff in any serious, hardcore way (it's only when I walk into a Target, Walmart or Best Buy that I see 40-42" models getting down into the $500-600 range that I think back to a few years ago, when nothing was under $1,000).
Oh totally, it's incredible how fast they're dropping in price now that HD has hit critical mass. And you can't even buy a non-HD set any more. What's more, all but the lowest-end sets seem to be 1080p -- I think 720p sets will be basically gone in a few years, though that won't stop some channels from broadcasting in 720p (or 1080i).

I remember people freaking out about how customers don't care about HD and how most people will never pay a premium for such a niche, high-priced technology. Those people seemed to have forgotten about that last word, technology

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2010-02-14, 14:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman View Post
I remember people freaking out about how customers don't care about HD and how most people will never pay a premium for such a niche, high-priced technology. Those people seemed to have forgotten about that last word, technology
Wasn't that like 1995 to 1997-ish. I was anxious about HDTV when I was in high school way back then. 15 years is a long time for HDTV, or any technology to be around. If I were keeping tally I'd say early adopters got screwed over pretty well by this switch. Things are just now starting to settle down and take root. In the back of my mind HDTV feels like it is the norm and standard def/analogue is for cheap-ass cable companies.

Paying for HDTV is out of the question for me. It might have enticed early adopters, but it is the norm now.

^^ One more quality post from the desk of Ebby. ^^
SSBA | SmockBogger | SporkNET
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2010-02-14, 14:35

I wouldn't say its settled down, now the big rage is 3D HDTVs.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2010-02-14, 15:41

Speaking of deals, I just picked up a digital VOM + transistor checker at Harbor Freight for $3. For my purposes I don't need a Fluke or anything so I'm quite stoked to find one so reasonably priced. Also stoked to have a Harbor Freight in the area.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-03-02, 20:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebby View Post
Wasn't that like 1995 to 1997-ish.
I recall people saying that as late as 2005 to 2007-ish. Never underestimate the idiocy of console fanboys
¡Damned!

2010-03-03, 13:15

There's a new nanoBundle over at MacHeist.

MacJournal (personal journal / info organization)
RipIt (DVD ripper)
Clips (clipboard manager)
CoverScout (iTunes cover art tool)
Flow (FTP app)
Tales of Monkey Island (all 5 chapters)
RapidWeaver (website creation)

all for $19.95 (a $266 value). Usually a couple more apps are added on as the 7 day timer clicks down as well.

25% of the purchase price goes to charity (11 to choose from), as usual.

So it goes.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2010-03-03, 17:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
There's a new nanoBundle over at MacHeist.

MacJournal (personal journal / info organization)
RipIt (DVD ripper)
Clips (clipboard manager)
CoverScout (iTunes cover art tool)
Flow (FTP app)
Tales of Monkey Island (all 5 chapters)
RapidWeaver (website creation)

all for $19.95 (a $266 value). Usually a couple more apps are added on as the 7 day timer clicks down as well.

25% of the purchase price goes to charity (11 to choose from), as usual.
I'm getting tempted....
hmurchison
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to hmurchison  
2010-03-03, 17:59

NanoBundle2

Purchased.

I'd rather buy this bundle and get the latest RapidWeaver vs upgrading the version I have for more money.

I now have Coverscout and Song Genie so I'm set there.

Flow is interesting to me as well.

omgwtfbbq
¡Damned!

2010-03-03, 18:12

Yeah, I'm excited to play with RapidWeaver. Don't know if I'll ditch Transmit over Flow, and I already have RipIt, but hey...a measly 20 bucks. I'm in.

So it goes.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2010-03-03, 18:53

I always get the macheist bundles now. Almost every time, 3 or 4 months down the road I'll need some random app. and it will turn out I have a registered copy of some shareware app. from a Macheist bundle that does the trick.

I'm still using Acorn from one of the bundles, an awesome photoshop lite.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2010-03-03, 19:01

Anyone use CoverScout before?
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2010-03-03, 19:45

That's a great bundle just for ripit and monkey island. I'm in.
Kyros

2010-03-03, 20:13

Rapidweaver has a lock symbol on it, like Monkey Island, but it doesn't say what "unlocks" it. For monkey island it's 50,000 downloads, anyone know how Rapidweaver gets unlocked? It's the application I'm most interested in, so I want to know if I'd actually be getting it or not .
¡Damned!

2010-03-03, 20:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
Rapidweaver has a lock symbol on it, like Monkey Island, but it doesn't say what "unlocks" it. For monkey island it's 50,000 downloads, anyone know how Rapidweaver gets unlocked? It's the application I'm most interested in, so I want to know if I'd actually be getting it or not .
MacHeist will find a way to make it so all apps are unlocked, first by offering up additional app(s) before the deadline (though sometimes you have to Twitter some shit to get the unlock code) to get more people on board. Second, I guess they'd drop the bundle purchase requirement. Regardless, MacHeist has always had everything offered unlocked by the end of the Heist.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2010-03-03, 21:42

I split the DVD ripping discussion into its own thread here:

Questions about RipIt and DVD ripping in general
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-03-04, 05:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
MacHeist will find a way to make it so all apps are unlocked, first by offering up additional app(s) before the deadline (though sometimes you have to Twitter some shit to get the unlock code) to get more people on board. Second, I guess they'd drop the bundle purchase requirement. Regardless, MacHeist has always had everything offered unlocked by the end of the Heist.
Yeah. In the last NanoBundle I don't think they hit the unlock threshold for Mariner Write but they still gave it to everybody. The "locking" is basically a gimmick to get people to evangelize; I would imagine they'd run into legal problems if they didn't give all the apps to everybody (since they'd then be selling a chance at software).

I'm buying the bundle for RapidWeaver, and I'm not at all worried that I won't get it. Thanks for posting, 709! :O

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
NUcleic Acid

2010-03-05, 01:02

I know some people were interested in this (I know I am but am not ready to buy yet). There are refurbished 27inch iMacs at the apple store. Both quads and the Core 2 Duos. The quad is a pretty sweet deal at $1699.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2010-03-05, 08:26

Some Mac games are on sale at D2D. The gem in that bunch, IMHO, is Dragon Age at $25. C&C: Red Alert 3 is only $15, too. Not Steam Holiday Sale caliber, but not too bad.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.