Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Courage : Celebrating Dan Rather

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Courage : Celebrating Dan Rather
drewprops
Space Pirate

2004-11-24, 00:50

Dan Rather is an idiot, but he's our idiot.
And he's retiring.

For those of you too young or too European to remember how totally whacked good old Dan is, take a walk around this site and come back for the celebration and mourning. I could -always- count on Dan to entertain me with something bizarre. Let's hope they bring him back for the 2008 elections!!!

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-11-24, 01:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by from site link above
Rather and Drugs

"I had someone at the Houston police station shoot me with heroin so I could do a story about it. The experience was a special kind of hell. I came out understanding full well how one could be addicted to 'smack,' and quickly."

"I've tried everything. I can say to you with confidence, I know a fair amount about LSD. I've never been a social user of any of these things, but my curiosity has carried me into a lot of interesting areas."
--Dan Rather in Ladies' Home Journal, July 1980 edition.
wtf? - Ladies' Home Journal?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-11-24, 01:34

I think he is such a self-important putz. Even before I knew what was what and believed what I believe, back in junior high or so I even looked at this guy a little like

Just always came across as a bit of a nutjob android, IMO.

He probably should've hung it up years ago, before he embarrassed himself completely: the "Kenneth" thing, the sweaters, the cryptic sign-offs, the tennis match tantrum, the stupid, ham-handed folksy "cafeteria Jell-o" analogies during the 2000 election, the National Guard forged memos and his role in it (please...), etc.

And he whistles when he talks! Anyone notice that? One of those old man/denture things, I suppose? Watch his newscast tomorrow night and wait for him to say anything with an "s" sound...

You'll think a canary flew into the studio!

Celebrate Dan? I'd "rather" not.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2004-11-24 at 01:40.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-11-24, 01:43

In his honor, I feel compelled to share this song he "released" a while back:

The Dan Rather Remix: Rocked by Rape

edit: ho snap. I didn't realize that same song was in the article from the first post. Well, screw you, RatherBiased.com!! I guess I'll change my link to theirs to save my bandwidth.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Wrao
Yarp

2004-11-24, 01:58

aha! I've been looking for that song, I had it on my computer 5 years ago, but then lost it and forgot what it was called.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-11-24, 11:13

I just think it's funny that he's done heroin and LSD. Seems so...not like him.
thuh Freak
Finally broke the seal

2004-11-24, 14:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026
I just think it's funny that he's done heroin and LSD. Seems so...not like him.
i'm real surprised too. next time i'm watching a non-comedy-central-based news-type program-thingie, its going to be CBS. i've gained respect for him.