AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Who's playing Wordle?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Who's playing Wordle?
Page 38 of 38 First Previous 34 35 36 37 [38]  Thread Tools
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2023-10-28, 09:04

I played a round for the first time in ages last night, and couldn’t get it in six tries. Ugh.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2023-10-28, 09:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Amazing that I don't Wordle anymore.

Not even a twitch of desire.

But I'm hooked on crosswords in Apple News now, so I'm no different 🤣

Man, I Ana crossword fiend. I but those big Sunday NYT collections (edited by Wil Shortz) and am always doing one. My neighbors get the Sunday paper delivered and always gives me the section with the Sunday NYT puzzle, Jumble and other word/letter games and that’s part of my Sunday afternoons. I do them in blue ink and I almost always complete them in under 40 minutes. Broke my own record last Sunday, with 26:38. I was just filling out every square like a robot. I do smaller times ones daily. I want to enter the national tournament when I believe I’m ready and won’t embarrass myself. Not quite there yet.

Was sitting at a bar on a Sunday evening a couple of years ago and the owner of the place was working the Sunday NYT puzzle. For 20-30 minutes she was there and filled about 3-4 answers. She got up, slid it over to me and said if you can have better luck with it, it’s yours. I immediately went to town and handed it back to her, completed, in about 30 minutes. She looked at me like I was possessed.

I’d love to meet, or form, a local group of crossword fans for weekly get togethers. Or we just sit in some meone’s living rooms in or porch and work the puzzle. Whoever finishes first gets a donut or a Moon Pie.

I bet I could find some like-minded folks via Craigslist. Years ago I was on a huge Scrabble kick and ran a Craigslist ad looking for people to play with/against. The next afternoon, this woman showed up and it was fun. She’s probably thinking I’m a serial killer, waiting to make my move and she’s dressed in nurse scrubs and wearing Crocs, so I’m like “she probably knows how to efficiently subdue/dismantle a human body…”.

She kinda looked like Christine Lahti, so I didn’t mind her being around for a while.

The one, and only, time I’ve ever allowed a stranger into my home like that. What was I thinking?!?
crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2023-10-29, 18:49

That animal one is tricky. I just did #90. Got it but it took 16 goes.

Blossom Daily is my current fav daily word game. Sort of like boggle but with a few twists. I’m crushed if I don’t make it to Blossom Boss! And have to settle for being a Genius.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/game...som-word-game/
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2023-10-29, 21:03

Sunday NYT Crossword kicked my butt today. Took me all day, going back and forth to it. And I still have 5-6 squares unfilled. The theme is weird and I can’t fully figure it out. I tanked on the Jumble too. Tough, tricky puzzles today!

Got today’s Wordle in four tries…ugh!