AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

So I'm going to the Moscone Center...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
So I'm going to the Moscone Center...
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2006-12-02, 02:29

Alright so it's a month before Apple comes to town, but I am going to be there from Dec. 10-16. It's my first time in San Francisco, so I'm a bit at a loss for some fun, hot spots to check out. I'm sure that some of our esteemed members have spent some time in the area. Lay on the ideas guys.

Some ground rules/pertinent information:
  • Currently single... (strip clubs anybody? )
  • Staying about a mile from Union Square
  • No car, public transport only
  • Need a place to hang on the birthday

Let the games begin.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
intlplby
Veteran Member

2006-12-02, 03:56

strip clubs are for married people.....

you aren't going to go to a strip club and just take a stripper home.....

bar flys are for single people
Windswept
On Pacific time

2006-12-02, 16:25

This link suggested a few places.

San Francisco is such great city. I bet you'll meet someone nice to spend your birthday with.

Quote:
Best Bars/Best Nights

For the total PubClubbing experience, ride the Party Bus and experience all San Francisco's nightlife has to offer. First, though, here's when to be where in "the City:"

The patio at Sam's is the Bay Area's best Sunday afternoon bar.

Monday – Wednesday. Fiddler's Green.[MAP] Not much happens in town these days of the week – as proof, just try getting a cab after 10 o'clock – but this lively Irish place is one of the few exceptions. It's in the Fisherman's Wharf area behind The Cannery, at Columbus and Beach.

Then again, if it's Tuesday,this must be City Tavern (in the Triangle). People pack in here for the $2 beers and $2 food specials. Wednesdays, there's good action across the street at Balboa Cafe. [MAP]

Thursday. If you are mid-20s (mentally or otherwise), no doubt it's KT's in the Marina District This is an Irish-themed bar with perhaps the best-looking crowd in the city and manages to be high energy and low-key at the same time. Plus, it's easy to bounce over to Balboa Cafe, which has a slightly older look. KT's has overtaken the Thursday traditional spots of La Barca and Mai Saki. Conveniently, those they are just across Lombard Street, so it's easy to check them out, as well. La Barca has a live band and strong margaritas. Mai Saki is more of a "scene" spot for locals. Around the corner on Chestnut is Cosmo's Corner Grill, where San Francisco's "beautiful people" hang out on Thursdays. Bar hoppers should also check out Tonic at Polk and Union. [MAP]

• Friday-Saturday. Take your pick of pubs and clubs from our Pubs of San Francisco and Bars and Clubs of San Francisco sections.

Sunday. Two afternoon choices. Pier 23 and Sam's. Pier 23 has live jazz, a huge patio along the waterfront and a lively crowd. Across the bay in Tiburon is Sam's (pictured above), an unbeatable combination of toxic cocktails, eagerly-friendly people and a seaside deck. Many coast captains arrive on boats and attempt to depart with new boatmates. Finding the right seat here is the key, because meeting one's table neighbors is what's Sam's is all about. [PIER 23 MAP] [SAM'S MAP]

HAPPY HOURS

What's a good city without a few good after-work spots? San Francisco has a few good spots. For starters, try the aforementioned Pier 23 anytime the sun is out. This is especially true on Fridays starting at around 3 (remember, there are a lot of stockbrokers here and that's about the time they get off work.Others cut out early).

About two miles down the Embarcadero toward the ballpark is Palamino. In addition to being popular for drinks, it also has great upscale Happy Hour food such as super-thin crust pizza; there is also a fine sit-down restaurant. In the neighborhood of SBC Park is Momo's, which can be quite a scene. Its young after-work business patrons jam the outdoor patio and spill over to the indoor bar area. Paragon is slower and more casual; you'll see baseball caps and tennis shoes here. But not at Momo's.

• The Pubs of San Francisco
• The Bars and Clubs of San Francisco

– BAR LOCATIONS –

• Balboa Cafe:3199 Fillmore St. (415) 921-3944
• City Tavern: 3200 Fillmore St. (415) 567-0918
• Cosmo's: 2001 Chestnut St. (415) 351-0175
• LaBarca: 2036 Lombard St. (415) 921-2221
• Fiddler's Green: 1333 Columbus. (415) 441 9758
• Mai Saki: 2030 Lombard St. (415) 346-7373
• MoMo's, 760 Second Street. (415) 227-8660
• Palomino, 345 Spear. (415) 512-7400
• Paragon, 701 Second (415) 537-9020