User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Who keeps their iPhone in their back pocket?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Who keeps their iPhone in their back pocket?
trevo

2007-10-13, 20:46

I've always had my phones in my back pocket. I'm interested to know how many people have their iPhones in the same place. Has anyone one broken one from sitting down?

I've heard mix reports from people that have said it's really tough, to people that have said it's really fragile.

Thanks for any clarification
ghoti
owner for sale by house

2007-10-13, 20:53

It is quite sturdy. I sometimes keep it in my back pocket and I've also sat on it without problems so far. I usually carry a messenger-type bag with me, which is a much better place for it, though - not because I'm afraid to break it, but because I just don't like having stuff in my back pocket.
almost2mac

2007-10-15, 11:12

I actually carry mine in the front right pocket.
Taskiss
Veteran Member

2007-10-15, 11:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost2mac View Post
I actually carry mine in the front right pocket.
Same here, it's in there all by itself. I've found the phone to be quite sturdy but I'd not tempt fate by carrying it around in my back pocket.
almost2mac

2007-10-17, 21:33

Plus that's a good position if you want to have the earbuds in. Another good place is if you have a shirt-pocket, but it gets a bit warm there if you're listening to it!
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-10-18, 10:52

I carry mine in my left front pants pocket (because I always have change or other stuff in my right). No case, sleeve, etc. I like to carry it in my shirt pocket (if I have one), but I don't want it slipping out and crashing to the floor if I stoop over (I've done that with my old phone about 6,000 times), so I don't do it much (unless it's a shirt with a button flap). I often wear cargo pants or shorts, and in those scenarios I'll put the phone in the little side/thigh pocket (aka the Han Solo holster position).

When I'm in my car, I put it in my little console area, where I can glance down to see the screen if a call comes through. Depending on who it is, I'll pull off and answer it. Otherwise, I just kick it to voicemail and deal with it when I get where I'm going (I don't "phone while driving"...not looking to be part of the problem).

I'd be afraid to keep it in my back pocket. That just seems to be asking for trouble...bent metal, broken/cracked glass, etc.

Why run the risk on such an expensive item? It's not your typical "free P.O.S. with a contract" phone you often get with a cellular plan. I don't baby my iPhone necessarily, but I also don't go out my way to be careless with it either. $499 doesn't grow on trees, you know...