iPhoto 8.1.1 has been released

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iPhoto 8.1.1 has been released
Quagmire
meh

2009-11-24, 16:34

iPhoto 8.1.1 is out in software update.

Quote:
This update addresses issues affecting face recognition performance and accuracy. It also fixes minor issues in the areas of book ordering, and iPod touch support.

The update is recommended for all users of iPhoto '09.

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3941
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2009-11-24, 17:06

Is it still painfully slow? I bet it is...
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2009-11-25, 09:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Is it still painfully slow? I bet it is...
It's the worst part of syncing my iPhone. iPhoto takes forever to load up and even though it starts up first when I plug my iPhone into my MBP, I can click on iTunes (which isn't a speed demon either), have it load, navigate to my iPhone page and start the iTunes syncing process before iPhoto is ready to go.
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2009-11-25, 13:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinMacFiend View Post
It's the worst part of syncing my iPhone. iPhoto takes forever to load up and even though it starts up first when I plug my iPhone into my MBP, I can click on iTunes (which isn't a speed demon either), have it load, navigate to my iPhone page and start the iTunes syncing process before iPhoto is ready to go.
All of Apple's iApps have unfortunately become poorly written bloatware. Not sure exactly why... I guess emphasis on features rather than efficient coding and design.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2009-11-25, 13:40

iPhoto can take a long time to load, that really depends on how many photos are in your library, and the speed of your hard drive.
noone
Awaiting Email Confirmation

2009-11-27, 11:03

Is it just me, or has the latest version got a bug? When exporting from the library, it sometimes happens that a photo doesn't export. If I remember this correctly, in previous versions, iPhoto just told you at the end which photos it could not export. Now, it just hangs - for hours and hours and hours; and it doesn't even tell you which photo it was that caused the problem.

Gives a really great feeling when you get up in the morning thinking it has exported all the photos - and find it must have got stuck a few minutes after you left the machine to get on with it.