Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

MacBook Pro will not turn off

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MacBook Pro will not turn off
Souflay123

Send a message via AIM to Souflay123  
2007-01-29, 11:57

I have a MacBook Pro I have put bootcamp and windows on it and it all works very well, but one thing it wont turn off. When I went to do the firmware update I am unable to do it. When it goes to turn off everything closes and the dock goes away and i am left with just my background and it will sit and stare at me for hours in that state. To turn it off i have to hold down my power button. It is quite annoying, I took my MBP to the apple store and they looked at it and they told me to erase everything from my hd and reinstall, and that the reason it is not restarting is b/c of bookcamp. Is there any validity to what I was told?
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-01-29, 12:09

Does it turn off from Windows?
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2007-01-29, 12:22

I think that is baloney, I use boot camp and my MBP C2D shuts down just fine on either OS.
screensaver400
Veteran Member

2007-01-29, 14:12

I have the same problem. I have bootcamp installed, too. Shutting down Windows works fine, but not shutting down Mac OS.

Its Company Policy not to support any machine with Boot Camp installed, I've found, until the user himself removes Boot Camp.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-01-29, 14:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by screensaver400 View Post
I have the same problem. I have bootcamp installed, too. Shutting down Windows works fine, but not shutting down Mac OS.
Is there anything suspicious in system.log or console.log when Mac OS shuts down?
Souflay123

Send a message via AIM to Souflay123  
2007-01-29, 17:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
Does it turn off from Windows?
I do not think that it turns off in windows.