User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

New Karaoke Feature in 1.1.2

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
New Karaoke Feature in 1.1.2
gbh

2007-11-10, 09:11

Wow, thanks Apple. There is now a new Karaoke feature in 1.1.2, which, while it is a valuable new revenue source for Apple iTunes, also fills a much awaited offering I have long been hoping would be released. Selective songs can now be purchased from iTunes with ability to show the words for Karaoke sing along in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Mandarin Chinese. I am going to use it at my child's next bday party for a sing alone. Don't try the Mandarin Chinese, though- not easy. They also have a redneck translator module so Southern bumpkins like me can now sing along to our favorite country western in authentic style! Thanks Steve- we'll be raising a beer to you as we listen to our music on our iPhones at the next NASCAR race.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-11-10, 10:14

Is this for real, or are you just taking the really long way around the bend to try and make a funny post?

I can't find any mention of this at the various Mac news/rumor sites.

gbh

2007-11-10, 10:55

A lame attempt at humor I guess. I do have 1.1.2 and it has very few changes, mainly different languages. One thing I really do notice, though, is that finally there is a very noticeable volume improvement in both the handset and the speakerphone. Maybe it is just a placebo, but so far I am really happy with it, placebo or not.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-11-10, 11:26

Yeah, I keep reading about the volume thing a good bit. That's probably a good fix. Sometimes mine seems to do one extreme or the other. It can seem so quiet, but if I click it just one "notch" up then it's insanely loud. There's no nice "middle" ground it seems sometimes.

I'm 98% happy with my iPhone. There are just a couple of things that I hope are addressed or tweaked at some point (and if I can ever get my hands on 1.1.2, maybe I'll find out that some of them are).