AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

new iPod mini colours?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
new iPod mini colours?
Mac+
9" monochrome

2005-02-03, 10:14

Hi all,

[disclaimer] For the past three days I have been in Shanghai and not connected to the 'net, so I may be a bit out of touch.

I don't normally start speculations, but this afternoon I saw something that has me intrigued. I was wandering about this BIG technology department store in Shanghai and came across the Apple corner.

Next to the iPod minis was an A4 sized sheet of paper advertising three new iPod mini colours: Graphite, Orange and Black.

These were the top three iPod minis of a circle shape with the original five colours making up the lower portion of the circle. I genuinely thought that Apple had released new colors (and possibly updated the iPod mini specs) but the store attendant told me that nobody had these new iPod minis. Unfortuantely, I could not ascertain whether or not this was a genuine Apple promo poster and my Chinese was not good enough to ask him as much.

Anyway, that's what I saw today.

btw - as soon as I got back home I went to check on the Apple site - but there was no mention of these new units. Weird - either Apple Shanghai is running some scam advert, or this just might be a leaked piece of info for future colours - I have no idea though.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-02-03, 10:48

If you go back there again, take a camera with you.

Interesting...who knows? I'd sell my 15GB 3G iPod for the chance to own a 5GB orange iPod mini, hands down.

I'd just let it randomly fill with stuff (can I do that) from day to day, so I always get something a bit different.
chucker
‽

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2005-02-03, 11:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
I'd just let it randomly fill with stuff (can I do that) from day to day, so I always get something a bit different.
Unfortunately, I have yet to find a decent solution for accomplishing that. Of course, the iPod shuffle has the "AutoFill" button for it, but it doesn't seem available on other iPods (for no apparent reason).
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2005-02-03, 16:01

I think "Graphite" and "Black" would be a little redundant, especially considering we already have "Silver." Then the iPod mini wouldn't come in eight colors - it'd come in five colors and three shades of grey.

In any case, with the iPod mini capacity bump we're all expecting to see soon, I think new colors are a very real possibility. I mean...purple, orange, red, yellow, indigo...there are lots of popular colors Apple isn't currently selling. I wouldn't too be surprised to see a black and even a "metallic white" one, either.

Just as long as they stay far, far away from Key Lime.
ohara
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-02-04, 00:55

i like pink
HHogan

Send a message via AIM to HHogan  
2005-02-04, 01:02

They need a Flower Power version
SilentEchoes
Unique Like Everyone Else

Send a message via AIM to SilentEchoes  
2005-02-04, 01:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker
Unfortunately, I have yet to find a decent solution for accomplishing that. Of course, the iPod shuffle has the "AutoFill" button for it, but it doesn't seem available on other iPods (for no apparent reason).
You could always use an Applscript to select the random songs using the "some" command.
ragingloogie

2005-02-09, 10:30

that black ipod mini has me interested and i own a 20GB ipod....
Noel

2005-02-09, 12:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker
You can create a smart playlist to select x MB of songs at random from your library or a certain genre or whatever else you want, and sync that to your iPod.
chucker
‽

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2005-02-09, 14:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel
You can create a smart playlist to select x MB of songs at random from your library or a certain genre or whatever else you want, and sync that to your iPod.
Uh, thanks, that's what I'm already doing. My point is, it's not changing the random selection at all; I'd have to recreate the smart playlist.
groskit

2005-02-12, 00:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingloogie
that black ipod mini has me interested and i own a 20GB ipod....
I suppose that could be the U2 Edition iPod, but, then again, for those who don't listen to them...