Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: 1.9 - Testifwhatthefuck
Page 4 of 10 Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  Next Last Thread Tools
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-02, 13:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
So if I pop my head in, tell me to get back to work... on more renovations to my house at Loch Greene.
T,FTFY?
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-10-02, 13:50

I'm on vacation all week, so won't be on either.

Look after my crops!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-10-02, 14:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
I am going to take a short respite from minecraft -- I need to get work done in the evenings this week... So if I pop my head in, tell me to get back to work.
So you want me to remove you from the whitelist?
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-10-02, 14:46

That won't be necessary... My resolve is absolute except when it isn't.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-10-02, 14:46

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-10-02, 19:12

So we have made some changes for everyone at our house.

There is now a chest near the chicken coop for anyone to be able to grab something when needed. I'm not using admin powers to make stuff right now like I did (and likely will do again) with the armory and tool shed. So these things are things Mrs T and me have worked for. However we love sharing with you people so enjoy it.

Also, the pen for the cows, sheep and pigs really is for everyone. Please don't let them all out or take all of them. We use our wheat to mate them and such. If you need a couple to get your own ranch going, stop by and pick up a few. The ranch area was started with community effort so we certainly can't claim all of it. If you need something else, just ask because most likely we will give you want you ask.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-10-02, 19:16

How exactly does one pick up a couple of animals? Can I ride them?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-10-02, 19:19

Hold wheat in your hand. They will.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-02, 19:21

Hey Artap99/boxofjason, is this cobble platform yours?

If so, would you mind reining that in a bit? There's plenty of land to go around, and you're practically touching Bryson's roof. Let's try to not encroach on each other's works since we're on a new world with tons of open land.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-10-02, 19:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Hold wheat in your hand. They will.
Even the sheep?

/whistling innocently

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-10-02, 22:29

Epic expedition tonight. The cave in my basement led to the huge system, and ravines, and abandoned mineshafts, and all sorts of fun.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-10-02, 22:44

Yeah, I had fun getting to bed rock today in my basement finally. I ended up using bb's ladder to get out because I made my way into the abandoned mine, fell in a hole and there was a ladder up.

Here is the screen cap of my Enderman visit the other night. Rather uninvited guest.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-10-02, 23:15

HOW did he get in?

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-02, 23:20

An owen appeared in my basement farm tonight, too, despite being well illuminated. Our best guess was that it was raining outside, he needed to teleport to a nearby dry patch to get out of the rain (they do that now), and the only dry patch nearby was in my house. The same might have happened for turtle.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
billybobsky
BANNED

2011-10-02, 23:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post

If so, would you mind reining that in a bit? There's plenty of land to go around, and you're practically touching Bryson's roof. Let's try to not encroach on each other's works since we're on a new world with tons of open land.
also note that bryson designated that area for his windmill project... so you've got to move, boxofjason...
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2011-10-03, 00:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post

It was a placeholder for what was going to be smaller/glass. I was getting an idea of size and it kept getting bigger as I attempted to round it out. I was going to move it over, as well.

It seems it all needs to come down anyway, though. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-10-03, 10:30

Given that I'm away for a week, I can sacrifice the land: but yes, that is enormous...and cobbly.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-06, 21:44

Beta 1.9 pre 3 was released today, but I'm too tired tonight to bother with fixing up the texture pack and updating the server. The weekend approacheth, though!

Although the terrain generator doesn't appear to have changed, there are some important blocks that our map will lack if we choose to not wipe and start over (or delete chunks). Strongholds, for example, now contain new block types that won't exist in already-generated areas.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-10-06, 21:57

I'm cool with holding out on rebuilding everything until the 1.9 final or even 1.10.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-06, 22:13

Or even 1.0.

Remember, Mojang reset the version counter when they switched from alpha to beta, and I expect they'll reset the version counter to 1.0 proper once out of beta. After all, we're currently at version beta 1.9, not 1.9.

That said, me too. We have just a few more weeks (so they say) before they feature freeze and just a few more weeks later before the we're out of beta.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-10-06, 22:28

Didn't know about the version reset. I never did make it in Alpha. I have an alpha key thanks to trifle, though the rest of my kin are beta users.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-10-07, 04:07

So don't build nothin' fancy youse guys!!!
billybobsky
BANNED

2011-10-07, 12:45

But your splendid modernist house next to 709's visions of a Scandinavian existence... what will we do without them?
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-10-07, 14:19

Make Bradley move them chunk by chunk to our new ocean planet.

SpecMode
Wait what

2011-10-08, 04:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minecraft beta 1.9pre3 bug list
[!] When you shut down a server, it always loses data. save-all does nothing. Additionally some chunks will not save the changes. When you leave and then return the area will be back to it's original state. (?)
Maybe we ought to hold off on this update for the moment. Full (known) bug list here.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-08, 09:41

That bug is not widely confirmed. On the discussion page, a few guys are claiming it's a bug, and a few guys are claiming it's not. I checked the official MC forums, and some people are experiencing it there too.

I'll definitely be testing this one myself before updating the AN server, and as usual I'll save a backup immediately before upgrading in case we need to roll back.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-08, 10:16

Also, I'm reminded of why I never check the MC forums more than just superficially. The place is filled with moronic comments and "advice" like this, probably my favorite example, in response to criticism of SMP bugs:

Quote:
Get a better server...The Netcode is fine for servers with 3-5 bars on the lag indicator thingy. Or just get better internet.
I ragequit.

¡Damned!

2011-10-09, 02:24

So, I finally succumbed to the peer pressure and started a farm. It looks like, um, well, a farm.

It's not at all finished. There's a wheat farm planned to keep the animals in check, a ducken farm in the water area and maybe a small windmill.

Yeah, yeah, I know - the silo is a little janky. But I didn't want to fuck with the scale and circles in MC are already a bitch.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-10-09, 08:21

They're building a LEGOLAND in Atlanta which got me to wondering how long it will be before Notch signs a deal with Lego for a Minecraft-themed Lego set.

!!!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-09, 12:08

So, yesterday I tried out beta 1.9 pre 3 SMP with a local copy of our world, and I probably won't be installing this update on the server unless you guys are just dying to have at it. The world-saving bug does seem to affect us, as do other bugs. The most bothersome after the whole not-saving bug was that I couldn't get any of the farm animals to reproduce. Back to a vegan diet!