Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: 1.11 - The Exploration Update!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: 1.11 - The Exploration Update!
Page 3 of 4 Previous 1 2 [3] 4  Next Thread Tools
¡Damned!

2016-12-02, 09:50

It's happened to me a couple of times before 1.11, too. Rarely happens, but when it does there is much pants-filling.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-12-02, 11:11

Perhaps we can just extend some "wings" out at ground level beneath the offending portals? That would be a lot less work. There are only four or five of them that need a little safeguarding.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
¡Damned!

2016-12-04, 17:48

I remodeled our defunct Villager Trading Station downtown into a new shop: The Exploratorium

Copy any of the maps for your own exploration, or if you have a map leave a copy up on the wall for others to explore.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-12-04, 23:12

Brad, your transporter is broken. I was able to get to the transport ship from the pier but once inside the ship I had to break out.
¡Damned!

2016-12-07, 17:28

I think I've waited long enough around my zombie spawner to confirm that zombie villagers don't spawn in 1.11, which sucks for those of us that were using it as a villager generator like Dellphi and myself. Ah well.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-12-07, 21:37

Me or Brad can repopulate villages when needed. Give me the location and I'll make it happen. I can fill your museum with them if you'd like.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2016-12-07, 21:59

No no, no. I was just lamenting about a change that I guess wasn't documented (?). Before, if I had a zombie spawner, I could expect a few affected villagers to spawn, rarely. I'd corral them, heal them, then wait for them to be cured.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-12-07, 22:26

Well, I mean ... it would be no problem to fill the museum for you.

Oh, I have seen zombie villager spawn in the wild on this build. They do spawn "naturally" still.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2016-12-07, 22:39

Thanks, but no. The museum is in flux, but closer than ever to being at the top of the list.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-12-07, 23:05

See! I just found one on a mountain near's Spec's Mountain place:

While I was out there I put a two block gap between the biomes so baddies can't make their way onto the Mushroom Island.

Last edited by turtle : 2016-12-08 at 00:14.
¡Damned!

2016-12-08, 09:55

Yeah, they still spawn in the wild afaik. There are 'zombie villages' out there in the world, but very rare. I was only ever able to find 1 in our last world.

Speaking of villages, in my exploration of the new world I've come across two floating villages in the middle of the ocean, populated with villagers. Usually the ghost villages are unpopulated, dead, and I can generally figure out where I am by looking at the mcmap. But these two aren't on the map at all (unexplored areas). Maybe they're holdovers from a much earlier seed and decided to get lively? Dunno, but it's fun to find them.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-12-08, 10:57

Speaking of holdovers and strange occurrences, I was chasing zombie noises the other day while working on the SC, and heard a strange scratching sound behind me, so I chased it through solid stone, but could never locate it. I was below ground roughly twenty blocks, and got super close to the sound, but I could not find the source. It took me a while to figure out what the sound was, since I was well underground and nowhere near deep ocean, and didn't put it together due to my location. Alas, it's that electric-zapping noise the guardians make.

Problem is, there are no monuments nearby, and the only guardians I'm aware of that are out of their place are in the moat around Turtle's tower at Tall Town, and the two swimming in my basement pool. Both of those locations are a long distance from the guardian sounds I was hearing.

Unfortunately, I closed off the hole where I was working, but I might be able to find it, again, with a little trial and error. Near Ye Olderstein, there is the foundation of an unfinished house (white). I was working sort of below that location.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
¡Damned!

2016-12-24, 11:20

I've been meaning to do this for a while, but what with the need for maps now and upcoming 'powered flight' using firework rockets, I figured it was a good time to check this off the list:

Sugarcane farm! Paper galore. Located underneath the old Subway Terminal near the Community Exchange.

I even put a little firework rocket making station below the collection chests for those quick-fixes. :

Oddly, mobs spawn on the dirt blocks that the canes are planted on... did not expect that. But don't worry about them, they can't get to the collection floor (that I've seen yet ).

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-12-24, 13:07

Now that looks cool in the pictures. I'm going to have to head in and take a look at it.

So should we look at doing the 1.11.2 update? I'm sure it would be stable, but I haven't tested it yet. Rocket Powered Elytra!

drewprops
Space Pirate

2016-12-24, 14:28

I may come in and play later this evening, anybody else?

¡Damned!

2016-12-26, 11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
So should we look at doing the 1.11.2 update? I'm sure it would be stable, but I haven't tested it yet. Rocket Powered Elytra!
Couldn't hurt. It's been nearly a week now and I haven't heard anything terrible (besides the expected moaning about smelting). Plus OptiFine is out for it now, so it's useable in my book.

Seriously, OptiFine's dynamic lighting is such a game changer. Literally.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-04-27, 21:59

So I was looking at the map and noticed that Spawn has moved. It's now near The House of the Risen Son.

This isn't really a problem except when you spawn on the roof of it. There isn't an easy way down. You have to jump to the first level roof and then I would recommend to the fence near the front entrance. Then down to the lower level from there.

I killed my player and spawned three times. Twice on the roof and once on the grass by the front steps. Have fun with that spawn point!

Dr. Bobsky

2017-04-28, 11:03

hint /setworldspawn
kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-04-28, 12:27

I've died so many times recently that I've gotten used to that spawn point. Don't like it, but I've gotten used to it. Better than the previous point, which was out in the middle of the harbor.

I thought it was something Brad did to mess with us.

And, what Bruce said.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-04-28, 14:29

Well why didn't someone mention it earlier? Not that I mind it up there, but that would annoy me if I didn't have a bed to wake up from death in. I'm thinking on top of the space needle is a great place...

kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-04-28, 16:15

Didn't mention it because I never even thought about it until I died, and then my mind went right back to "find my loot before it despawns" and I forgot all about it.

I am getting old, you know.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-04-29, 08:30

If it worked like it should, spawn is now near the record store and intersection by Brad's house right in the middle of this image:

Last edited by turtle : 2017-04-29 at 11:50.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2017-04-30, 18:22

Finally got my gaming machine unpacked from the move. So with three more weeks out of work looks like I'll be on some more.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-05-17, 15:24

Why is there a zombie in my garden? He wouldn't move from the dirt until after he was hit. Then he went to attack the villagers.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-05-17, 15:28

I told you those seeds were rotten!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-05-17, 20:35

Do we have a Woodland Mansion in our world? I've never seen one yet and don't want to play a local world just for this. I'd rather be on our world.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-05-18, 10:36

Seems to me 709 found one. I've raided one (with the group) and they're quite the pain in the ass. No loot worth the trouble, no resources worth the trouble. Basically a titanic pain that isn't worth the time.

I think there were five or six of us (Brad, 709, myself, Jess, I forget who else—sorry) and all of us died multiple times. Definitely a challenge, but only for the sake of challenge. Nothing in those things is worth the effort other than "I did it!"

It would be different if there was some new block in there that screamed "you want me!!" Nope, nothing. There is that new healing thing, but you always have to be holding it, and by the time you get done you've used them all up.

At least that was my experience. For me, you've seen it once, you've seen it a million times.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-05-18, 13:12

I think you all saw it on a "special" map that was just a launch party before Brad trimmed this world and upgraded it. I guess I'll have to build a Single Player world or just another private server for me to try.

¡Damned!

2017-05-18, 13:21

There's a fully explored one in the NNW (it's on the map if you scroll N a bit), but last time I was out there the baddies had despawned. No idea why . The quickest way to get out there is through the top tunnels in the Nether (take N until it jogs left). Bring some Quickness potion!
¡Damned!

2017-05-21, 10:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Why is there a zombie in my garden? He wouldn't move from the dirt until after he was hit. Then he went to attack the villagers.
Probably an attempted zombie siege. If you have a lot of villagers in a certain area the game will occasionally (rarely) try to spawn an attack force of zombies at night – no matter how lit up or 'safe' the village is. Had it happen a couple of times in my SE desert village and I thought it was a glitch until I looked it up.

Also, nice village upgrade! I've been out for a couple of weeks and just today was able to get over there.

So it goes.