AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC Drama bomb!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC Drama bomb!
Page 1 of 3 [1] 2 3  Next Thread Tools
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-01-12, 13:35

Could someone please explain what's going on, instead of muttering cryptically?
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-01-12, 13:46

i got banned after i and the atoll was set ablaze by a lightning strike from Brad. RowdyScot was responsible for the timing of it (acting as a terribly incompetent lookout man; no surprise there, to be honest) and so incurred my wrath, which was a single piece of tnt set off in his kitchen.

In retrospect, I wish I had used more tnt.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-01-12, 14:03

That's not the full extent - you were being rather vicious towards Robo. The conversation itself was happening during a thunderstorm, and some of your comments begged for you to be ironically struck by lightning. Had you been outside, as I'd last seen you, no real harm would have been done. There was never an intent to strike you inside or cause damage to your structure - just to strike you for being an asshole to send the message to stop being an asshole.

None of this would have happened had you not started verbally assaulting Robo unprovoked.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-01-12, 14:29

Well, that explains much of it. Now, what is 709 muttering about?
billybobsky
BANNED

2012-01-12, 14:36

I explained to robo why I was calling him an asshat. I stand by that and I have no (real) beef with him.

On the other hand, what was happening in the chat did not involve destruction of work, that escalation was yours and Brad's alone, and had I actually been in the rain no retribution would have been needed because no damage would have been done. But damage was done, and it was because you failed to actually account for where I was in my structure -- you messaged brad when I was in my kitchen (not in the rain). It is your fault Brad's lightning took on a destructive aspect, and you took the damage for it. Now note: the fire could have decimated my project since all of the floors are build out of flammable material. It didn't happen, thankfully, but it *could* have. I set of the tnt knowing full well the damage would be contained and readily repaired.
billybobsky
BANNED

2012-01-12, 14:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Turtleland's unclaimed creep...
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-01-12, 14:46

Yay! I'm in the clear. I didn't lightning bolt anyone, or TNT anyone's kitchen or build a hut on anything.

I was somewhat concerned as I set off A LOT of TNT last night to take down a hill behind my Arts Centre, and I was wondering if some had got loose somehow.
¡Damned!

2012-01-12, 15:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
Turtleland's unclaimed creep...
More specifically the takeover of all ocean/sunset land close to town:

Had that much land (especially so close to town and given its value for city expansion) been requested in the proper way it would have been shot down by everyone. Instead, a huge chunk of prime real estate is wasted on mostly carry-over structures.

I'm not sure why Turtle thinks he's the only one immune to what we all decided are the right procedures to go through in requesting and getting land claims approved, but it's annoying to say the least. There's a reason the rules, land claims, etc. threads evolved from months of us building a world together.

I like his wife and daughter playing in our world - that's actually fun - and he could obviously claim land for them. That it hasn't happened leads me to believe since the world currently resides on his server he doesn't need to follow the guidelines we've put in place.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2012-01-12 at 15:48.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-01-12, 16:02

Your "explanation" in-game made absolutely no sense, Bruce, and you still came across as verbally assaulting Robo unprovoked. Your ego won't let you think you did anything wrong, but all of us were uncomfortable with what you were saying. Again, if you behaved like most people and didn't randomly verbally assault others, none of this would have happened.

There was no intent to destroy anything of yours by either Brad or myself. I checked on your location to verify that you were out in the open, which when I'd TPed back, you were. I had no reason to think you were going inside anywhere, and the timing was quick enough that I figured you wouldn't get inside anywhere, regardless. I'm willing to apologize for that, but I need to see you apologize to Robo before I go there.

As for your "contained" TNT blast, it destroyed several high-enchanted items that I realistically can't replace in any quick timeframe. You likely did far more damage to me than the lightning strike to you. Intentional griefing aside, that isn't what really bugs me...

As much as you continue to pin this on me, the fact is YOU verbally assaulted someone UNPROVOKED. Furthermore, this is the 4th time I've seen you do this to Robo in the past month. There's a pattern of behavior there, and there's no place for it. Is it *really* that much to ask for a person to not just randomly verbally attack others?

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
billybobsky
BANNED

2012-01-12, 16:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
Your "explanation" in-game made absolutely no sense, Bruce, and you still came across as verbally assaulting Robo unprovoked. Your ego won't let you think you did anything wrong, but all of us were uncomfortable with what you were saying. Again, if you behaved like most people and didn't randomly verbally assault others, none of this would have happened.
I merely called him an asshat, repeatedly. There was no depth there; if i wanted to attack robo for something he would be feeling it for a long time after. It was nothing and I will not apologize for it. I don't know if you have noticed, but robo and i go back and forth with the insults/attempts to make uncomfortable. It isn't malicious for my part.

Quote:
There was no intent to destroy anything of yours by either Brad or myself.
Intent doesn't matter. My stuff was destroyed.

Quote:
I checked on your location to verify that you were out in the open, which when I'd TPed back, you were.
False. When you tl'd back, I was at a window looking at you sink to the bottom of the sea.

Quote:
I'm willing to apologize for that, but I need to see you apologize to Robo before I go there.
I don't want your apology, I don't respect you enough for it to mean anything, so thanks, but no thanks.

Quote:
As for your "contained" TNT blast, it destroyed several high-enchanted items that I realistically can't replace in any quick timeframe.
That is a lie. Having played with TNT quite a bit more than anyone else in the game, I can assure you since there was only one (1) explosion no items could possibly have been destroyed that were either on you or in a chest. Go ahead, test it. I knew what i was doing unlike you and Brad. It doesn't need to be pointed out, as it is obvious to everyone, you like to whine about perceived slights and tend to exaggerate. REDACTED. This whining personality tick pisses me off most and makes you coming at me the most ridiculous thing I can imagine.

Quote:
You likely did far more damage to me than the lightning strike to you. Intentional griefing aside, that isn't what really bugs me...
Is it really griefing when the act was in response to you and Brad's idiocy? Nah.

Quote:
As much as you continue to pin this on me, the fact is YOU verbally assaulted someone UNPROVOKED. Furthermore, this is the 4th time I've seen you do this to Robo in the past month. There's a pattern of behavior there, and there's no place for it. Is it *really* that much to ask for a person to not just randomly verbally attack others?
Verbally attack? Calling robo an asshat and explaining to him why I did it -- which was and is the truth constitutes a verbal attack? What does talking shit about other players when they aren't on mean then, RS? You aren't some saint. In fact, you are the only asshole I see in the game.

Last edited by billybobsky : 2012-01-12 at 16:52.
¡Damned!

2012-01-12, 18:10

Code:
ms asshat:10
FUUUUUUU.

I died.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-01-12, 19:03

STop it Stop IT stOP it!!!

/doesn't take conflict well

¡Damned!

2012-01-12, 19:09

Code:
ms captdrew:10
*sexytimes*

wooooooo!!!!!
¡Damned!

2012-01-12, 19:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
/doesn't take conflict well
A little conflict is good to hash out community beefs. I have no problem with anyone here on a personal level.

Well... maybe one. But that's AN as a whole, not MC.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-01-12, 19:45

Since the only part that actually applies to me is about the land claim issues then this is the area I'm going to share my point of view.

Well, while everyone was working on getting into the desert, Mrs T and I claimed the land you see us holding now. We did this long before there was talk about an approval process. Everyone focused on the desert while we stayed into the rainy part of the woods with the exception of the House of the Risen Son. Torches laid and the whole bit. We are in the suburbs of the town center. For the two of us moving projects from the old worlds to here, the Cactus farm is the only building for me. The House of the Risen Son and Beacon of Hope are Mrs T's projects moved in.

LS grabbed the land in front of The Opulent Sartor Shoppe for her own to be close to us. Shocking that our daughter would like to have land near us.

The fact that my wife has had much to deal with in her personal life coupled with antics that have since laced this thread are why you all see her less and less. She would be happily completing her projects and enjoying the game as much as the rest of you otherwise.

For the sake of all in this thread I only did a cursory glance over. Likely will keep it at that. Personal attacks aren't needed from anyone or to anyone.

If it's such a big deal that we have the land we have had, I'll move my cactus farm. I don't really mind. It's only a game guys. Really, it's only a game.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
billybobsky
BANNED

2012-01-12, 20:11

709 was right... the quote was complete with 'its only a game'.

Turtle: the formal process was set up way back when in BP and had continued apace with the new world(s).

It isn't necessary but it might be a good gesture to move some of the larger buildings to land further afield. Right now a lot of the concern is that the structures dominate a significant fraction of the usable skyline around terranova (and that the resource excesses of the structures are simply untenable). It might be nice, sooner or later for there to be a ocean front area of the terranova development. The reason the development has moved east and south is because no one wants to see the castle, I am afraid.

Just my b& 2cents...
¡Damned!

2012-01-12, 20:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Well, while everyone was working on getting into the desert, Mrs T and I claimed the land you see us holding now.
[citation needed]
Quote:
We did this long before there was talk about an approval process.
April, 2011
Quote:
Everyone focused on the desert while we stayed into the rainy part of the woods with the exception of the House of the Risen Son. Torches laid and the whole bit. We are in the suburbs of the town center. For the two of us moving projects from the old worlds to here, the Cactus farm is the only building for me. The House of the Risen Son and Beacon of Hope are Mrs T's projects moved in.
And your claim to all that land is where? Torches my ass. And who cares who's project is whose? You moved all of them over with no regard for other players wishes.
Quote:
LS grabbed the land in front of The Opulent Sartor Shoppe for her own to be close to us. Shocking that our daughter would like to have land near us.
My god. Really? That's what you're going for? To LS's credit, she initiated some in-game chatter about her building on that spot. Sure, she didn't post about it (that was your job), but at least she was conscious of a sense of play.
Quote:
The fact that my wife has had much to deal with in her personal life coupled with antics that have since laced this thread are why you all see her less and less. She would be happily completing her projects and enjoying the game as much as the rest of you otherwise.
Antics? Don't be coy.
Quote:
For the sake of all in this thread I only did a cursory glance over. Likely will keep it at that. Personal attacks aren't needed from anyone or to anyone.
"For the sake of all in this thread" ? Christ. Listen, you have 2 jobs as a "mod" in MC. Turn night to day and give unobtainable loot. That's it. I know you love to tinker with the buttons and knobs, but at the end of the day that's all we want and expect from you. That you even instantly put a ban on someone after hearing something third-hand proves you're not fit to be an admin. You're a reactionary.
Quote:
If it's such a big deal that we have the land we have had, I'll move my cactus farm. I don't really mind.
Move everything besides the farm (which was planted during the frontier days) and the lighthouse. That'll be enough. Thanks.
Quote:
It's only a game guys. Really, it's only a game.
This is exactly what I said you would say.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-01-12, 22:02

You win Grey. I shall shower you with gold. How dare I not know my place. Good thing you are totally right here on every point. Good work.

Look out, there's a leprechaun behind you!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2012-01-12, 22:07

Shower me with glowstone and we'll call it even

Mcl'SSSSSS..... *BOOM*

¡Damned!

2012-01-13, 01:40

New rule:

If you are just standing around for more than an hour not collecting trap loot or anything you can be killed so others playing can reset the day/night clock.

I'm waiting for my chests of glowstone T.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-01-13, 11:45

So wait, did you guys take Bruce off the whitelist? Is he banned for real?
billybobsky
BANNED

2012-01-13, 12:39

Banned for realzy.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-01-13, 13:04

For how long? It sounds to me as if there were at least TWO griefers, one of them being one of my favorite mods. This is stupid. Repair your shit. Don't say anything to each other in-game and get along with your business. This is a stinky banination.

Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2012-01-13, 15:41

Quote:
For how long? It sounds to me as if there were at least TWO griefers, one of them being one of my favorite mods. This is stupid. Repair your shit. Don't say anything to each other in-game and get along with your business. This is a stinky banination.

I believe it was only until the next day as I was on when the unban command came through.

Unless there was a secondary ban post-Wednesday, then bb should be on the WL.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
billybobsky
BANNED

2012-01-13, 15:48

I have been banned for two weeks.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-01-13, 16:40

Quote:

I don't know. Despite bobsky's protestation to the contrary, I'm pretty sure intent does matter when throwing around terms like "griefers." Someone who only inadvertently damages something isn't termed a griefer in any game I've ever played. (Which is a lot of games. )

Jesus, I've been struck by lightning by Brad before, and I didn't consider that "being griefed" or somehow need to blow up his (or, er, Rowdy's) house to "make things right" or whatever. But then again, I'm not Disproportionate Response Man.

AppleNova and mc.applenova.com aren't democracies. This is a Good Thing.™ I'm not sure having everybody publicly weigh in with their opinion on the justness of a ban is a good thing. (But if we were, count me in the "for" column. )

Quote:
I have been banned for two weeks.
You'll live. (Won't you be busy doing the whole moving-to-Europe thing anyway?)

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
billybobsky
BANNED

2012-01-13, 17:06

Oh I am not complaining about the ban, just the assholes who set fire to my construction...
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-01-13, 17:38

Quote:
Oh I am not complaining about the ban, just the assholes who set fire to my construction...
I thought Rowdy was the only asshole you saw in the game. Now there are assholes, plural. (I am, of course, an asshat, not an asshole, but I'm sure the etymology is similar.)

Perhaps, for convenience's sake, you could provide us with a list of the people that you actually respect? I'm sure it'd be a much shorter list.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
billybobsky
BANNED

2012-01-13, 18:04

I was using the term relatively loosely there, Jack.

ie, I don't like Jordan. I don't like how he talks about other people behind their backs. I don't like how he uses complaints about everything as a major form of conversation. I don't like his exaggerations or his sense of entitlement. So to sum up: I don't like Jordan. He's fine on these here boards, mostly, but in game, I cannot stand him, and I have a sense that who he is in game is who he is irl, so again I don't like Jordan.

The rest of you schmucks, I have no issue with. Though many will have issues with me, certainly, that is the cost of having my personality and my lack of tact.

Last edited by billybobsky : 2012-01-13 at 18:19.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-01-13, 18:55

Quote:
I was using the term relatively loosely there, Jack.

ie, I don't like Jordan. I don't like how he talks about other people behind their backs. I don't like how he uses complaints about everything as a major form of conversation. I don't like his exaggerations or his sense of entitlement. So to sum up: I don't like Jordan. He's fine on these here boards, mostly, but in game, I cannot stand him, and I have a sense that who he is in game is who he is irl, so again I don't like Jordan.
Well, I'm glad you removed "I respect you and everybody else besides Jordan" when you edited this post, because I honestly don't believe you respect anybody. I've simply never read anything that suggested that you did to the slightest.

You're right, "sociopath" is a much better word for you.

(The bolded part is maximum funneh, coming from somebody who doesn't seem to like anything ever, and isn't afraid to say so. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky
The rest of you schmucks, I have no issue with.
Until we attract your "wrath," of course. Or dare to be wrong about something. Or interact with you in any way, really. Or even interact with other people in a way you don't like. Then we're asshats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky
Though many will have issues with me, certainly, that is the cost of having my personality and my lack of tact.
You could change if you wanted to. You just don't want to, either because you've convinced yourself that people taking issues with your personality is everybody else's problem, or because you've convinced yourself that it's your lack of empathy that makes you superior to everyone else. Personally, I think it's a bit of both.

Since we're being honest, I think people would find you a lot more likable if you just started respecting them and viewing them as equals. But you'd rather be right than liked, and you're always right in your head, so what use is it being human?