User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Creative Day (and available list of commands)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Creative Day (and available list of commands)
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-03-23, 22:59

Quick post because I don't have time to be on the game server tonight. I've written a script that will enable "Creative Day" to start at each Saturday at 00:00 EDT and end on Sunday 06:00 EDT. During this time, you have the following additional commands at your disposal:
  • /i - The "give" command. First required argument is either the block ID (decimal form) or an alias for it. Second optional is the quantity. Third optional is the recipient username. Example uses: /i 2, /i grass, /i grass 10, /i grass 10 werejack
  • /color - If you have wool in your hand, this allows you to change its color. Example: /color red
  • /enchant - If you have a tool or armor in your hand, this allows you to enchant it. First argument is the enchantment name. Second optional is the level. Use no arguments to get a list of all enchantments.
  • /more - Fills the stack of the item in your hand.
  • /moreall - Fills all stacks in your inventory to their maximum capacity.
  • /repair - Repairs the tool or armor in your hand.
  • /repairall - Repairs all items in your inventory.
  • /heal - Fills your health bar.
  • /feed - Fills your food bar.
  • // - Toggle "superbreaker" mode. If you have a diamond pick in your hand, you will instantly break whatever you click.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2012-03-24, 01:13

Phenomenal Cosmic Power!
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-03-24, 01:26

FYI
I wasn't able to do:

/color lime

to a block of wool....

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-03-24, 12:00

Ah, try "/color help" to get a list of color names.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-03-24, 18:08

Is there a way to make sheep eggs? I used 383 but that just gave me generic eggs that don't seem to be good for anything.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-03-24, 18:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Is there a way to make sheep eggs? I used 383 but that just gave me generic eggs that don't seem to be good for anything.
Try 383:91.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-03-25, 09:18

Ok. So I missed creative day because I was otherwise occupied by life. I think the entire thing is an ok idea, but I would rather we have the ability to turn on and off creative mode for a limited amount of time each month. Thus allowing us to have some amount of flexibility on when we can use the awesome powers. Perhaps, to encourage community, there can be 6 hours of creative mode a month plus the one day. That way if someone cannot possibly logon to the server during the designated day or time, they still have the option of engaging in creative powers...
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2012-03-25, 10:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Quick post because I don't have time to be on the game server tonight. I've written a script that will enable "Creative Day" to start at each Saturday at 00:00 EDT and end on Sunday 06:00 EDT. During this time, you have the following additional commands at your disposal:
  • /i - The "give" command. First required argument is either the block ID (decimal form) or an alias for it. Second optional is the quantity. Third optional is the recipient username. Example uses: /i 2, /i grass, /i grass 10, /i grass 10 werejack
  • /color - If you have wool in your hand, this allows you to change its color. Example: /color red
  • /enchant - If you have a tool or armor in your hand, this allows you to enchant it. First argument is the enchantment name. Second optional is the level. Use no arguments to get a list of all enchantments.
  • /more - Fills the stack of the item in your hand.
  • /moreall - Fills all stacks in your inventory to their maximum capacity.
  • /repair - Repairs the tool or armor in your hand.
  • /repairall - Repairs all items in your inventory.
  • /heal - Fills your health bar.
  • /feed - Fills your food bar.
  • // - Toggle "superbreaker" mode. If you have a diamond pick in your hand, you will instantly break whatever you click.
I just wanted to say thank you for doing all of that, Brad. I had a fun day and appreciate the effort you put into making it accessible.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-03-25, 11:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artap99 View Post
I just wanted to say thank you for doing all of that, Brad. I had a fun day and appreciate the effort you put into making it accessible.
Gladly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
That way if someone cannot possibly logon to the server during the designated day or time, they still have the option of engaging in creative powers...
This is why I figured it would be good to have Creative Day on a weekly frequency and to have all the features as opt-in (they're explicit commands instead of a full player mode change). Miss a day? Not a problem. There's another coming just around the corner. Already participated or not interested? Then just don't use the commands. Really love the creative days? Then you get one every week.

As for having a per-user metered time period, which is what I think you were describing, that could be possible but would require far more programming than I want to put into this little project.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-03-31, 17:47

beware the newly added commands from brad (I wasn't supposed to beat him to the punch)... they can fill large volumes with unsavory liquids...
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-03-31, 19:53

Yep, two new commands and one automatic feature:
  • //fixwater - "Fixes" nearby water flows. If you find a hole in the ocean you can't fix, for example, you can use this command. First required argument is the radius of blocks around you to check for fixing.
  • //fixlava - Same as fixwater but for lava.
  • Compass warping! Put the compass in your hand, point, and click to jump to your destination. Be very careful with this in the nether, as you might warp yourself on top of the nether and may not be able to escape...