User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Apple Store UK in 48hrs - Who's Going & When Will You Start Queueing?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Apple Store UK in 48hrs - Who's Going & When Will You Start Queueing?
Gizzer

2004-11-18, 05:39

Europe's first Apple Flagship Store opens in London in less than 48hrs...

Who's going to the Grand Opening and what time are you intending to get there? I'm hoping to buy a Lucky Bag (My Xmas present from the Other Half )!!

BUT - the impression I get is that past store openings in the US have had people queueing days before the store opens?!

....Surely that's unlikely to happen over here? What do you think? It opens at 10am & I'm probably going to see who's outside at 8am. Is that naive to think there won't be many people already there (Especially 300 people as that's how many Lucky Bags there are)...

Last edited by Gizzer : 2004-11-18 at 05:42. Reason: Amend title of thread
_Ω_
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to _Ω_  
2004-11-18, 06:30

You never know, the fanboy factor has to be taken into account.

bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2004-11-18, 08:45

When I went to my first Apple Store opening way back in 2001 I was foolish enough to get there around 3AM. I was only 3 people back in line, but other people didn't start showing up until about 5 or 6 AM. We gave the mall walkers something to talk about though. If you have a laptop, bring it with you and use the free waves emanating from the store. That's what I did and it helped to kill the time until more people showed up.

Of course, when the very first store opened in the US, people started 'queuing' the night before, but that was less than a handful of people.

Now that they have these party bags though, people might show up earlier hoping to buy a bag with a really cool secret toy surprise inside.
Gizzer

2004-11-18, 10:18

That's not too bad then... At a push I may be able to get there for 7.30 but no earlier. In which case it sounds like there's a fairly good chance I'll get a Lucky Bag
Gargoyle
http://ga.rgoyle.com

2004-11-20, 10:44

I am here... Woo hoo!

Got here at 9:45 and the queue was halfway round London So we went shopping and had lunch and came back at 3:30 and queued for less than 15 mins.

No surprise that I didn't get a Lucky Bag!

Amazing Store!!!

OK, I have given up keeping this sig up to date. Lets just say I'm the guy that installs every latest version as soon as its available!
Gargoyle
http://ga.rgoyle.com

2004-11-21, 06:00

How many of you guys were there yesterday? What did you buy?

I ended up just getting a copy of the Incredibles game. All that technology and I bought a game! Well the only things that I really thought I would get were an iSight or AirTunes. And I couldn't really justify ether because I am not a big messenger user and I already have an Airport Extreme base station.

The ironic thing is that I spent the cost of an iSight on the trip, so If I had stayed at home I could have got one online and would be no worse off financially...

But I wouldn't have been in the store on opening day!

:smokey:

OK, I have given up keeping this sig up to date. Lets just say I'm the guy that installs every latest version as soon as its available!