User Name
Password

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Twitch
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-02-06, 20:34

So.

MC 1.7.4 is enabled to allow Twitch to broadcast their screens, right?

Is that how that works?

I think it would be fun to share my adventures with friends, but what are the ramifications?

The ramifiCATIONS???

What are the chances that we could do this?

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2014-02-06, 22:11

I believe you can already do this if you have an account and a channel set up with Twitch.

It could be fun on some adventure nights where we could pull your channel up and watch from your (and others, too, if they have channels) POV + commentary, but if I'm just building something I'm not sure I'd want to have my channel running so people could randomly peek in on my dumb ass. I guess there's a value in it for some games like LoL or DotA where you want to see a match go down or whatever, but I honestly don't get it for MC.

I haven't delved too deep into it though, so maybe I'm missing some key feature that would make it exciting.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-02-06, 22:29

It would be fun to do a tour of my place for people who don't do the game!
¡Damned!

2014-02-06, 22:48

OK, maybe I'm not getting it then. That would be fun, but only for the people watching your channel at the exact time you're giving the tour…

Or do I have this wrong? Is it recorded somewhere where you could edit it and make a clip to put up on your channel? That would be far more useful - to me at least - and that I could see the value in.

I'm picturing Twitch as a "live streaming" thing like the camera pointed at the eagles that had babies a couple years ago. You could check in and see what's happening at any time the channel was open. If it's more than that I'd love to be educated. I'd put up a few things if I had control over the edit.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-02-06, 23:20

I would post to Facebook that I'd be doing a show at 8pm, then post the link just before 8pm and see who watches... if they could HEAR me then it would be even funnier. I would intentionally get into some trouble or something... it would be fun.

Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2014-02-06, 23:40

I'd watch.

Idea: You should make one of the missions to get from the S end of the Skyranch to the N, on the ground underneath. Day or night doesn't matter, because SKYRANCH.

There are so many baddies in that huddle. It's amazing.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-02-07, 03:22

Wait, is Skyranch back for reals?
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2014-02-07, 10:15

I'd watch I'm typically so fried after working that I have no innovation left in me, so I end up watching streams on Twitch rather than playing.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2014-02-07, 10:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Wait, is Skyranch back for reals?
Yes.

Because I like shrouding large areas of maps in shadow. I am going to be a spoil sport here and ask that you not run under it... I have plans for the area beneath (making a truly dark forest) and rather not have to fix other people's creeper holes (let alone my own)...
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-02-11, 01:24

To accommodate your request I have wiped the drive clean on my computer and handed the device to a stranger.

I am rather hoping to get it back one day though.

Captain Drew on Twitter
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-02-13, 14:39

Since my computer is down for another week and I can only run a Core2Duo machine would it be possible for me to watch somebody do a Twitch session tonight? The ice is melting away but I dare not go out tonight (yet).

Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2014-02-13, 18:29

Speaking of that… does anyone with experience in this have a pref as far as broadcast clients? There's Open Broadcast, XSplit, Wirecast and Evolve listed on the Twitch page, but I'd like a review from a trusted source if someone here does this sort of thing.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-02-13, 18:34

Does that include the viewing client?

Since I'll be on old hardware it may matter.