Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Yahoo Widgets

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Yahoo Widgets
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2005-09-20, 20:52

i was checking my yahoo email account just now and i saw an advertisment for dashboard widgets, so i figured it was for Konfibulator since i remembered that yahoo bought it and was giving it away for free but then it ended up being an Apple ad. why would yahoo advertise for yahoo widgets when they just aquired konfibulator? i dunno, it just didnt make much since to me
BenP

2005-09-20, 20:54

I'm sure Apple is paying Yahoo for the advertisement.
rasmits
rams it

2005-09-20, 20:58

Apple just pays Yahoo to advertise on their websites, I'm sure it's totally random as to what specific Yahoo site displays what ad.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2005-09-20, 21:20

yeah, i realize money speaks but i dunno it just kinda seems kinda of backwards to me...ohwell
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-09-20, 21:29

Also keep in mind that most agencies use targeted ads. So, if they see you've been visiting a bunch of Apple-related web sites or have made Apple-related queries, you're much more likely to get an ad from the Apple bin.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2005-09-20, 21:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Also keep in mind that most agencies use targeted ads. So, if they see you've been visiting a bunch of Apple-related web sites or have made Apple-related queries, you're much more likely to get an ad from the Apple bin.
Woh!!! They're so smart! Before long they'll have talking ads that follow your cursor around the screen with their devil eyes!!1!one!

Life is good for us interweb users. Life is very good...but it can only get better, soon Internet Explorer 7 will be out and re invent teh interweb!

I hope everyone start's coding in MS compliant code instead of standard's complaint code!

Pretty soon everything will look like Myspace!

I'm done now.

Come waste your time with me