Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Apple TV 4K Local Storage

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Apple TV 4K Local Storage
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-08-16, 14:15

Anyone have a recommendation for an app that will allow me to store videos locally on Apple TV 4K? I have an original Apple TV that allowed for direct iTunes syncing, but Apple does not want me to do that any more, because they're jackasses! So I have a spare 4K and would like to shove some videos onto it for the trailer so we can watch when away from network access.

Any thoughts?

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-08-16, 14:27

At this point the only real way to accomplish that is to save them on your phone/iPad and then airplay them to the AppleTV plugged into whatever TV you have. So bring the ATV, HDMI cable, and power cord. Plug it into the TV where you are staying and AirPlay from your device to it. Works well and I did it once on a vacation YEARS ago to Solomon's Island.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-08-16, 14:32

I just realized it was YOUR trailer. Install it in the trailer and just leave it there. Then when you take the trailer out you can just AirPlay directly to the ATV and not have to mess with it. Works with any device that can AirPlay really IIRC. Apple Discussion on it. Apparently there are some caveats.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.