MC: Applenova 1.6: With a Vengeance!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Applenova 1.6: With a Vengeance!
Page 3 of 8 Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  Next Last Thread Tools
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-07-18, 06:14

Guys! I get the internet hook up tomorrow... Will find time this weekend to log on... Hope this means there will be people on afternoon time EDT...
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2013-07-18, 10:07

And by tomorrow night, every structure built so far will be dwarfed by whatever billybobsky comes up with next
¡Damned!

2013-07-18, 21:31

I needed a bunch sand to turn into glass (as I always do ) and Brad offered to nuke a chunk of desert after some strip-mining. So, I have my handful of chests that I need, but mining it left a *lot* of sandstone blocks open to the air. I took a full chest or so, but there's still a ton left for anyone that wants some easily-mined sandstone blocks for later.

It's in the desert behind Turtle's new house, far West edge.

I'm set for sand for a while, so Brad, you can nuke at your leisure if no one is interested in the sandstone. Thanks!

* I was keeping to the West edge so it wouldn't be such a pain to nuke, so if anyone goes in for sand like I did (I didn't rape it, so there's still crazy amounts), try to keep to that side. I was using the natural arch as a reference point and just stayed West of it.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-18, 22:39

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll take a stab at regenerating the desert tomorrow night.
¡Damned!

2013-07-18, 22:52

Now that the Space Needle and Nether Portal are finished, I think I may put in a beach-path running from my house to near Spawn. I'll stop well short of your place Brad so you can design it the way you like, but I'm going to run straight in front your place, RS. I hope that's OK.

I'll just go with the ANMC approved 3 wide cobble flanked by stone slabs, btw. I don't see the need to change something like that. It's tradition.

So it goes.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2013-07-19, 01:21

Fine by me. I hope to have time to actually put something there this weekend. I'm about done terraforming, though.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2013-07-19, 06:16

Old MciJak had a farm....

drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-07-19, 09:27

Just a note about the smelliest hole.

Go all the way down, don't stop at the level looking into the cavern, that's just the entrance to my mineshaft. At!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-19, 15:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I needed a bunch sand to turn into glass (as I always do ) and Brad offered to nuke a chunk of desert after some strip-mining.
Holy cow! I just looked at the map and saw the measure of devastation I committed myself to cleaning up tonight. I'm pretty sure I can handle that, but I hope you got enough to last for a while.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Stevuh

Send a message via AIM to Stevuh  
2013-07-21, 17:29

So admittedly I havn't been on much lately, but bruce your house and current project is right over my mine, and I had to dig my way back into my mine shaft to get out of the ground today. I hate to ask you to do this because i know you've put alot of time into that shaft, but would you please move it?

"History will be kind to me because i intend to write it" -- Winston Churchill

I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. -- Winston Churchill
billybobsky
BANNED

2013-07-22, 02:02

Which shaft? My under water thing? I don't have a mineshaft as it were...

In any event, I was told that my locale was unclaimed, and none of it was lit, so I will not be moving the underwater thing, but my foot print will not extend beyond it much towards the shore -- besides its a tree farm for anyone's use... The house I will eventually build there will mostly be on that hill...

Edit: I have made a refined entrance to your mineshaft and the tree farm steveuh. Just go down the stairs, your new entrance is off the right side of the lower part...

Since you will likely find that the tree farm extends through some (but only a small fraction) of the cave system down there, might I recommend moving your mining towards your backyard? that way, you won't come in conflict with the under water bits. I will also try to keep my mining under my house and towards the wilderness...

Edit2: Since I am still recovering from a summer cold, I've gone through and walled off what caves I found crossing into the tree farm rectilinear prism. I might have missed some... but if you encounter a cobble wall don't go through it, it isn't worth your while, all mineral wealth will have been harvested...

Last edited by billybobsky : 2013-07-22 at 06:48.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-07-23, 18:31

I see we have found our first village finally!

Who found it?
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-07-23, 19:23

So, I'm building a road out to iJaks. I though I might take a spur off down past Stevuh, Bobsky and whoever the modern-looking one on the bay belongs to as well. How close to your buildings may I approach, guys? 10 blocks? More? I'm thinking it'll go directly south just east of the surface lava lake there.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-07-23, 19:52

I have a new love. Hoppers. Auto-egg collection for my chicken coop.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-07-23, 22:23

I don't need one of these... for some reason I always have enough ducks.

SpecMode
Wait what

2013-07-24, 00:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I see we have found our first village finally!

Who found it?
Are you kidding me? I must have just missed it when I was searching for one a couple days ago - I was in the middle of those plains, no idea how I didn't spot it.

ADDENDUM: The cobble tower with a torch on top near (256, 36) is near the entrance to a cave with a zombie spawner that I've set up as a rudimentary XP farm. I didn't get a chance to set up signs leading to it last time I was on; will do so when I get the chance, if nobody else gets around to it first.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2013-07-24, 07:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
So, I'm building a road out to iJaks. I though I might take a spur off down past Stevuh, Bobsky and whoever the modern-looking one on the bay belongs to as well. How close to your buildings may I approach, guys? 10 blocks? More? I'm thinking it'll go directly south just east of the surface lava lake there.
I'm guessing you're referring to my house on the bay. 10 blocks should be fine as you don't have much room south of there before hitting the edge of the hill.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2013-07-24, 13:19

So, does anyone have the coords for the portal in the nether? im a bit lost...
billybobsky
BANNED

2013-07-24, 13:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
My shelter is only temporary... It will get bigger but I can adjust the road as needed.... Besides I don't think there is a good road building area directly near my hovel.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-24, 15:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPoit View Post
So, does anyone have the coords for the portal in the nether? im a bit lost...
Mark it with Rei's minimap!

I'll post coords here when I get online later tonight if no one else gets to it first.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-07-25, 01:19

Okay!!

I've done research and improved my skellie spawner into a great XP builder with the added benefit of all sorts of swag they skellies drop when you kill them. Have fun!

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-07-25, 19:02

Old bag lady turned to skellie?

My first time seeing chain mail in this game. I got boots from it.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-07-25, 19:09

It kills me when the skellies have enchanted bows but don't drop them when they die. GRR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
My shelter is only temporary... It will get bigger but I can adjust the road as needed.... Besides I don't think there is a good road building area directly near my hovel.
Yeah, the terrain there is tough... I've made a start including a cut though one berm and a planned tunnel through the next.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-07-25, 19:34

Bryson, keep playing!!

I had drops of Power 1 and Power 2 bows in less than 8 minutes last night. I just need to repair them somehow (with money?) and I'm good to go!

Edit: I now realize you may have meant that it's irritating that they don't ALWAYS drop the enchanted items when you kill them.

Edit #2: Turtle, I call that first one "Indiana Jones Skellie"

Captain Drew on Twitter
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-07-25, 20:08

Brad! What did you do to /repair? I loved it so much...sob...
SpecMode
Wait what

2013-07-25, 20:12

You may want to check the marketplace out, Bryson.
¡Damned!

2013-07-25, 21:26

XP grinders for everyone!

The grinder near my place is now functioning as well. It's of the 'stand below the iron fence and kill them from below' variety and has both spiders and skellies. Follow the path past my house and over the bridge and you'll see it.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-07-26, 01:45

I'm at level 42 for the first time of ever.

I've built the framework for a portal right there in my skellie grinder, but haven't yet lit it up because I need to gather more obsidian in order to build its nether analogue. If anybody is particularly anxious to add it as a node to the nether network feel free - I'm pretty close to spawn so it shouldn't be more than 30 blocks or so from spawn (rough guess).

Might add one of those enchanting chambers in there too.

PLEASE NOTE that I've put in a chest and a lava garbage chute. Please discard all the junk bows that you receive. Bones too, probably. Otherwise, perhaps we can cut in a storage chamber in the area behind the kill box.

ALSO: my own personal chests are over by the water trough, please respect my authoritay over there. M'kay?

Captain Drew on Twitter
billybobsky
BANNED

2013-07-26, 03:02

There is also a xp zombie grinder at the location of the new tree farm. It's roughly hewn into the wall for the moment as the farm is still under construction...
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2013-07-26, 05:32

Last night I finished building my stable and horse corral. Bryson found himself a horse and is keeping it there too. So if anyone wants their own horse, all you need is a couple golden carrots and a visit to my place!