User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Post your computer setup pic

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Post your computer setup pic
Page 43 of 48 First Previous 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47  Next Last Thread Tools
ime_NY

2009-09-10, 10:54

Kieran, is that an orange nano? And an orange water bottle? C'mon man, I'd expect a Philly fan to have belongings devoid of any Met colors!

But seriously, is that a dell optiplex workstation? I hope you have better luck with it than I had with my optiplex at a previous job.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2009-09-10, 11:02

Haha. Yes, I have an orange nano, an orange water bottle, AND and orange iPhone case. I just like the burnt orange type color that is out there right now.

Yes, it is an Optiplex GX620. Sexy name right? It is a serious upgrade from the beige tower PC I was working with up until a few weeks ago, so I'm all for it. No problems so far.

PS: The Mets suck! I'll be at the game on Saturday.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
ime_NY

2009-09-10, 12:27

Ahh, beige towers. I guess anything is an update compared to a beige box. I supposed even a beige box with a clear side panel and LED fan lights would be an upgrade (do they even make those!?)

Burnt orange is a great visual.

And yes, the only thing good about the Mets season is that tix are $5.....that, and the fact that I got 12 free bobblehead dolls the last time I went to citi........ enjoy the game Saturday!
SpecMode
Wait what

2009-11-12, 08:20

So, on top of moving my computer into my "spare" room, I finally dug my old Gateway 17" LCD and put it to good use as a portrait-oriented secondary display! (warning: badly-focused iPhone pic ahead!)

Yes, I tied it to my desk lamp using a spare FireWire 800 cable. Yes, it's stable (enough). I wouldn't put odds on it staying there through more than a moderate earthquake, though.

(And, finally, that is in fact a small box of Nerds acting as a "foot" at the bottom-left corner. I thought it was a nice touch. )
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2009-11-12, 10:34

You should consider submitting it to thereifixedit.com, SpecMode.

SpecMode
Wait what

2009-11-12, 22:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugge View Post
You should consider submitting it to thereifixedit.com, SpecMode.

Heh. Done, and done! (Also, yes, it's still standing. I half expected it to have fallen over by now. )
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2009-12-14, 21:59

I got another Acer x223W yesterday for $80.

DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2009-12-15, 11:35

Where did you get that for that price?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-12-15, 11:47

I had a desk very similar to turtle's when I first lived in California. Wish I still had it because it was solid, sturdy and had tons of storage.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2009-12-16, 00:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026 View Post
Where did you get that for that price?
It was a floor model at a local store and clearance priced too. I deal to good to pass up for sure!
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2009-12-16, 03:02

Great deal, I got mine on sale for $189 last summer.
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

Send a message via AIM to evan  
2010-03-20, 21:33

My new snazzy setup - iMac brand new as of yesterday
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2010-03-20, 21:54

"Fargo" poster! One of my favorites...I loves me some Marge.

"Was he funny looking apart from that?"

Awesome iMac too, of course.
surjones

2010-03-21, 00:04

Rough days at work? lol - that is a lot of alcohol. in a bedroom/office. Never drink alone my friend!
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

2010-03-21, 01:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjones View Post
Rough days at work? lol - that is a lot of alcohol. in a bedroom/office. Never drink alone my friend!
decoration purposes only seriously though, don't be fooled by the close proximity to my workplace - i'm well aware of the dangers of trying to reach the ballmer peak.

and curse this imac - the screen is too damn amazing, I've been making up excuses to sit at my computer all day (that aren't the homework I should have been doing haha), and much more into the night than I intended - I have a volleyball tournament at 9am tomorrow!! aaahhhh

offtopic - anyone know good, free HD video content?

oh and a little more on topic - I think I remember there being a "i'm getting a new mac, what downloadable software is a must?" thread lying around somewhere but seem to have misplaced it... anyone have better search-fu than me or have the link memorized?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2010-03-21, 06:46

For what it's worth, the four things I always grab after a system rebuild or setting up a new Mac are MacTracker, Flip4Mac, Sketchup and, for fun and education , Google Earth.

Those four items, and Adobe CS, represent the third-party software I have and use at this particular point.

Some would add ClickToFlash to that list.
Noel

2010-03-21, 11:22

Adium is one of the first things I download.
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

2010-03-21, 14:33

Adobe CS4, Alarm Clock, Google Chrome/Earth/Sketchup, HandBrake, iWork, Microsoft Office, TextWrangler, XCode are what I have so far. Gave up on Adium a few years ago because i video chat every few days with my girlfriend (who lives 2 hours away) and switching between iChat and Adium was annoying. Might switch back though, Adium is nice. Their xtras section is huge though... care to point me to anything in particular?
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2010-03-21, 14:46

WeatherDock is one program I always get. Love it. Also go with Handbreak,Transmission, and VLC. I use to use Adium a lot but I find myself using iChat more so lately.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2010-03-21, 14:47

What's it like sitting so close to such a huge screen? Do you have to turn your head to see things on the other side? Does it ever feel... too.. big?

User formally known as Sh0eWax
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2010-03-21, 15:04

I've used my parents 27" iMac a few times, and I can tell you that the screen just sucks you in. You cannot see anything other than the screen it fills your vision.
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

2010-03-21, 15:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej View Post
What's it like sitting so close to such a huge screen? Do you have to turn your head to see things on the other side? Does it ever feel... too.. big?
I LOVE IT!!! Seriously, i'm just in awe of it every second I'm using it. My peripherals are sufficient to pick up notifications and stuff that pops out on the opposite side when I've got this up on the other or something. I'll post a workflow in the desktop thread when I get everything set up

Another request: besides interfacelift, where's a good place to get HUGE background images (2560x1440 to be exact)

Last edited by evan : 2010-03-21 at 15:53.
Miko
Veteran Member

2010-03-22, 12:16

Mandolux has some nice wallpapers in hi-res for one, two and three screen setups. Most are photographic (really nice) but you won't find any 3D art here.
Noel

2010-03-22, 12:57

You can also find some really nice ones at deviantart.com, as long as you sort by popularity. They have them broken down into lots of categories, too, so it's easier to find something you're looking for.
Dave
Ninja Editor

2010-03-22, 15:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode View Post
So, on top of moving my computer into my "spare" room, I finally dug my old Gateway 17" LCD and put it to good use as a portrait-oriented secondary display! (warning: badly-focused iPhone pic ahead!)

Yes, I tied it to my desk lamp using a spare FireWire 800 cable. Yes, it's stable (enough). I wouldn't put odds on it staying there through more than a moderate earthquake, though.

(And, finally, that is in fact a small box of Nerds acting as a "foot" at the bottom-left corner. I thought it was a nice touch. )
Ooh, I've been meaning to do that with my 17" for a while. Thanks for reminding me
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

2010-03-22, 18:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko View Post
Mandolux has some nice wallpapers in hi-res for one, two and three screen setups. Most are photographic (really nice) but you won't find any 3D art here.
thanks, these are great photos
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2010-03-22, 18:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKrzyzewski View Post
thanks, these are great photos
Yeah, from what I remember Mando posted here a couple times, in the earlier days. He's had very nice stuff for a long time, I think he even culled some of his archive available online.

User formally known as Sh0eWax
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2010-08-11, 19:06

My MacBook Pro in its natural environment: a clean desk. Some of you guys are unbelievable! I'm looking at you, turtle2472.

Yes, it's running Aperture.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2010-08-11, 20:09

Cool pic. I love those 13" MacBook Pros. I can't believe how small their packaging is these days. Saw one being sold locally the other day and was really impressed at how small and compact they'd gotten the box!

Clean desk, no doubt. Kinda like mine. I have some speakers, a dock and a USB hard drive, but that's it.

It's funny how square-ish and blocky these original 20" and 24" aluminum iMacs look compared to the more recent 16:9 21.5" and 27" models! It looks so 4:3 here!

There's a full-size aluminum keyboard and Magic Mouse on the pull-out tray below. Oh, and the penny is because the SuperDrive doesn't always suck the disk in by itself. I sometimes have to give it a slight "push".

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2010-08-11 at 20:22.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2010-08-12, 04:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
My MacBook Pro in its natural environment: a clean desk. Some of you guys are unbelievable! I'm looking at you, turtle2472.
Nice setups for sure. I'd post mine again...but why give supporting evidence?