Antimatter Man

2007-10-30, 06:11

Photos. Must have photos.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2007-10-30, 07:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFL View Post

You should just go with it, Paul.... maybe borrow some eyeliner to draw on some bunny whiskers, and even a fake bunny nose shouldn't be too hard to find.
Yea, I bet Paul would make a funny, if not too sarcastic and slightly sardonic Roger Rabbit. Who knows, maybe he can see stars!
¡Damned!

2007-10-30, 09:24

That's awesome. Are you going to open the set with "Why Don't You Do Right?"
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-10-30, 10:56

Ha, I'm not sure. I guess we should, huh? I'll just enjoy myself, people-watching. All the costumes that are sure to be on display (and they seem to get more "out there" and risque with each passing year, in some quarters).

It's true that Halloween is the one time people (okay, women) can dress in the most outrageous, "vinyl thong/electrical-tape-on-the-nipples, female-vampire-with-a-cock-worship-fetish" type of get-up and no one looks at it sideways, or thinks less of them.

"Oh hey there, Melissa...cool outfit. Have you tried the dip? Kim made it from a recipe she found online. Jennifer and Matt are here somewhere. Hey, that staff meeting today was brutal, wasn't it? Haha! Well, make yourself at home..."

All Vixens Eve, I call it. It's kinda like going to an adult, "gentlemen's establishment", but minus the cover, drink minimums, etc.

atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2007-10-30, 11:06

All I have right now is a pint of fake blood from Wal-Mart... I've played a few pranks with some friends and it's *very* realistic.

I'll probably combine that with tattered clothes and be an assault victim... or maybe add some white powder for that undead look.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-10-30, 11:25

Some stores carry those really neat (and realistic) wound and scar makeup kits. Usually not my thing - the gore and all - but for those people into that (or being zombies or zombie victims), you can get some really nice, realistic results. You gross everyone out around you, but I guess that's part of the fun.

I lean toward the more whimsical, lighter side...I like funny or clever costumes. Or really good movie/TV character recreations (especially the homemade type). About 12 years ago, I did the Indiana Jones thing. I had lace-up dark brown work boots, khaki pants, white shirt and a brown leather jacket. I borrowed some strap/bag and a toy gun holster and I actually had a bullwhip that I bought in Mexico some 10 years earlier, sitting in the top of my closet. I got it out, coiled it up nice and round and strapped it to my belt with a clip. The only thing I didn't already have was the fedora, but I was able to borrow one (brown with black band), believe it or not...

Neatest costume I ever had, and it didn't cost a dime! And everyone knew who it was (you put on that hat and have that coiled bullwhip hanging off your hip, there's no getting around it).

Lots of compliments and pic-posing.

Damn, now that I think about it...I've got all those things, except, once again, the fedora. Maybe I can scrounge one up again somehow, and I can do that for tomorrow night...put the rabbit ears on top of the fedora. Bunny Jones.

FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2007-10-30, 12:14

My bloody jawline in the photo was accomplished with something called Fake Blood Gel.

It was solid in the bottle and it worked by heating the bottle in hot water so that the gel melted, "apply as needed", then let the gel re-solidify.

It seemed to be the least messy of the fake blood possibilities.

I left it at alci's house, or I'd be able to give more exact details...
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2007-10-31, 15:43

Happy Halloween, everyone

Here is an amusing tribute to the "sexy/slutty _______" costumes out there:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=20595 209
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2007-10-31, 21:09

My buddies at work had fun today.

I finally got to use that chain maile I started so many months ago. Back in the glory days of the NES in the '80s, I would've killed to be Link for Halloween, but alas my mother would never make it happen. I guess that's what's great about being an adult kid...

(not visible: scabbard on the back)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ravenclaw-link.jpg (75.2 KB, 693 views)

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2007-10-31, 21:37

Nice Brad! Love the mail..
Freewell

2007-10-31, 21:41

Oh my gracious! We had sooo much fun tonight! I took the girls to the HUGE shindig at our church. It was awesome!!! The girls had such a good time. For their costumes, our older one was a totally decked out Little Bo Peep, complete with bonnet, curls, fancy shepherd's staff, bloomers, petticoat and big poofy dress. The little one was the most adorable little flapper girl you've ever seen! We got stopped all night with people oogling and ogling over her and snapping pictures from every angle. She played the part soo well. The only thing that could have made the evening better would have been for my husband to have been able to be with us and enjoy the fun. Instead he was working away for us. I took the girls by his workplace on the way home, so he at least got to enjoy seeing the girls in their costumes. I think he was pleasantly surprised.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2007-10-31, 21:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Love the Beeker.
World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2007-10-31, 22:24

FWIW a bunch of my friends dressed up like burritos and got free Chipotle burritos. It was fun standing in line building stuff out of aluminum foil. Probably should have snapped some pics but whatever.

After we were done eating we met up with some other people and toured a haunted house at a large fraternity. It was well done, lots of torture scenes and use of heat and smell. It didn't help though that we spent half the time laughing after someone in our group got chased by a weed-whip. :I'm sure it would have been much scarier when I was 12.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2007-10-31, 23:03

Quote:

I finally got to use that chain maile I started so many months ago. Back in the glory days of the NES in the '80s, I would've killed to be Link for Halloween, but alas my mother would never make it happen. I guess that's what's great about being an adult kid...

But Link is left-handed!!!

Very nice.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2007-10-31, 23:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac+ View Post
Love the Beeker.
Which reminds me, we had a company-wide poll for scariest, funniest, most unusual, and best overall costume. The winners: scariest, funniest, most unusual, and best overall. Although, I personally thought my boss should've gotten some sort of honorable mention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
But Link is left-handed!!!
Not on the Wii, he isn't!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-10-31, 23:28

Quote:

I love your costume Brad! Great work on the chain maile too! How long did that end up taking you?
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2007-10-31, 23:51

LOLOL I love all those costumes, Brad.

Is "Most Unusual" No-Face, from Spirited Away? It's been a while since I've seen that movie.

And congrats on your win.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2007-11-01, 07:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman View Post
Is "Most Unusual" No-Face, from Spirited Away?
Yup. He looked a lot better in person, though. The flash on the camera illuminated the cloak too much.

Quote:
Thanks! I won an awesome gift card to... <drumroll>... Bed Bath & Beyond!

AWR
Veteran Member

2007-11-01, 08:06

Quote:
LOLOL I love all those costumes, Brad.

Is "Most Unusual" No-Face, from Spirited Away? It's been a while since I've seen that movie.

Yes, indeed. The Spirited Away costume was very good. Creepy, yet you wouldn't really mind getting taken away by it, if you know what I mean.

I loved the scariest, too: Cheney on a hunt. Your bossman was also well done up. And your chain mail looked excellent, although I think it would look even better if it was battleworn. Go kick some ass somewhere. Scotland?