Page 8 of 8 First Previous 4 5 6 7 [8]  Thread Tools
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-07-14, 20:04

Wait, will this be a new world???!!!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-07-14, 20:18

No new worlds yet. Maybe when MC 1.3 is released in August.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-07-14, 20:31

Whew. I'm far too pooped to be of any use until August.

¡Damned!

2012-07-16, 16:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
No new worlds yet. Maybe when MC 1.3 is released in August.
I'm hoping this will be a /wwarp thing or similar.

That said, the desert biome for starting a city seems to be a bust. Sure, we all like not being rained on, but in practice it doesn't make much sense without community action. I think there was a grand total of 2, maybe 3, terraformers in Cactuar. Maybe because the grass looks burned, maybe because it's tedious work, maybe because there isn't interest anymore. Dunno.

So it goes.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-07-16, 16:58

I am terraforming the shit out of cactuar.... Oh wait, I see.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-07-16, 17:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
That said, the desert biome for starting a city seems to be a bust. Sure, we all like not being rained on, but in practice it doesn't make much sense without community action. I think there was a grand total of 2, maybe 3, terraformers in Cactuar. Maybe because the grass looks burned, maybe because it's tedious work, maybe because there isn't interest anymore. Dunno.
Yeah.

I like:
  • poking around
  • building some stuff
  • looking at other people's stuff
  • adventuring in groups

I love:
  • The 1st night on a new world

I missed out on the first night for this world and missed out on the land grab, so I went way out away from everybody and didn't feel connected. I suppose the previous world and Loch Greene were my favorites, besides Newport.

And yeah, I'm burned out, but it's been fun on occasion and I'll be back at some point.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-07-16, 21:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I'm hoping this will be a /wwarp thing or similar.
Certainly!

I've also briefly started experimenting with terrain generators since, honestly, the current stock generator is boring to me. I've even got one generator working that behaves exactly like the old pre-beta-1.8 generator that gave us Bridgeport. I've cracked open the source to that one and started eyeballing ways to change it that would preserve the terrain algorithm but alter the ore generation (perhaps to add emeralds), but no promises there yet.

Look familiar?

I'm also looking at making navigation between multiworld more interesting. There are plugins that give you special portals or launchpads that send you to the other worlds. I think using those would be a lot nicer than just punching a command into the console.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-07-16, 21:46

Quote:

I'm also looking at making navigation between multiworld more interesting. There are plugins that give you special portals or launchpads that send you to the other worlds. I think using those would be a lot nicer than just punching a command into the console.
That really would. Special portals to the other worlds would be awesome. I'm ok with command line if that's the only way though. Then again, I'm ok with just one world. Thanks for taking the time to help make the place better either way though Brad! I really do love the new server admin stuff too. Makes the server well done and far more brainless given it will reboot on restored power in the even or power loss.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-07-17, 00:59

The launchpad idea is pretty sweet.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-07-17, 05:53

Is launch pad that bukkit interface thingy? That would be cool!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-07-18, 19:11

Here's a quick preview of what custom portals can do (yes, this is a bukkit thing). Any rectangular area can be a portal. Portals can link to worlds, other portals, or specific coordinates. Two portals don't necessarily have to link to each other.

http://youtu.be/yTnPSsEOJj8

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2012-07-18, 20:19

Holy crap! Interesting....
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-07-18, 20:48

Very interesting.

Also, I played around with the snapshot last night and was able to play with our current world and the snapshot without issue. The chunks even matched up well without an issue. Looks like upgrading won't be a problem at all.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Foj
Veteran Member

2012-08-03, 23:13

So, I was slightly bored a few minutes ago so I added some signs in front of the Arts Center.

Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2012-08-07, 07:39

Quote:
Here's a quick preview of what custom portals can do (yes, this is a bukkit thing). Any rectangular area can be a portal. Portals can link to worlds, other portals, or specific coordinates. Two portals don't necessarily have to link to each other.

http://youtu.be/yTnPSsEOJj8
With this method, hopefully, allowing us to revive the old worlds I wonder if we can look into expanding the "who's online" pop up to show what world the person is currently in.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
Foj
Veteran Member

2012-08-09, 20:20

Just in case any one is interested, I went and re-found the skellie spawner and wrote down the coordinates. Left a couple signs to help find it. You'll have to go through some the abandoned mines beneath spawn cave to get to it.

y 57
z 159

A knife and a fork, a bottle and a cork, that's the way to spell New York.