Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

How do you like your Keynote?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
How do you like your Keynote?
Page 1 of 3 [1] 2 3  Next Thread Tools
Gizzer

2007-01-05, 16:11

OK, something light hearted from all this intense speculation. What I think we really need to know is what your favourite keynote format is going to be?

Is it

a) Just Steve Jobs with his RDF taking it's power from the nearest wormhole/black hole for maximum effect?

b) Steve with Phil Schiller pretending(?) to look goofy when Steve calls him on iChat?

c) Steve, Phil and a light moment from Bertrand?

d) Steve and the Noob-from-WWDC-who-is-being-groomed-for-all-future-keynotes?

My personal vote is for A. I'd love to see a star die just for the sake of announcing a Triple Quad Mac Pro in Dalmation colour scheme
spikeh
BANNED

Send a message via AIM to spikeh Send a message via MSN to spikeh  
2007-01-05, 16:17

Definitely a mixture of A/B They need to trump the MacBook Pro as the "One more thing", IMO. That was such an awesome feeling, seeing that come out of the bag.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-01-05, 16:21

I like 88% Steve, 3% Phil, 2% Danika and 7% various other puds who seem contractually obligated to climb up on stage and blather on (some are better at it than others, obviously...I'll take an overexcited, semi-spaz software geek with funny hair over some button-downed, droning marketing-speak-drenched automaton).

But definitely heavy on Steve and his neat way of making every mouse click seem like the greatest thing that's ever been done in the history of civilization.

"OHMIGOSH, THE WINDOW SHRUNK AND MOVED OFF THE SCREEN...WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO! MACS ROCK!!!!!!"

Plus, it's funny to watch his mannerisms, to see if he's skinnier than last time we saw him, how short his hair is, if he's feeling crabby or upbeat, if he's wearing some goofy type of jean (different than his usual faded ones), how many times he does the "clasped hand" thing, how many times he coughs or goes "wooo!" after a video clip or product demo, water bottle sips, pulls up his pants by the waist, swaps his eyeglasses (sitting vs. standing), reads from his little notes when he's seated and doing an onscreen demo, etc.

For the keen people-watcher and noter of personal quirks that I am, It's a good time all around. I barely pay attention to the products because I'm watching everything else (slides, stage props, looking on his table to see if any new gear is sitting there waiting to be unveiled, etc.).

Gizzer

2007-01-05, 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeh View Post
Definitely a mixture of A/B They need to trump the MacBook Pro as the "One more thing", IMO. That was such an awesome feeling, seeing that come out of the bag.
My favourite moment was the unveiling of the G4 iMac. Then when they announced the 17" widescreen model along with the launch of Jaguar I was on the Mac store in 2 nanoseconds!

Another stand out moment was the launch of the 17" & 12" Powerbooks.

And as I recall they all come under my A) choice. So GO GO STEVE-O!!!
¡Damned!

2007-01-05, 16:26

I'm betting he says 'Boom' once or twice.

Speaking of that....I feel an AN keynote chat drinking game in the making.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-01-05, 16:28

That's hilarious you said that, because right after I posted my, uh, post, I thought the exact same thing..."this should be the basis for some sort of cool drinking game...there's enough predictable, expected components involved".

We should try to bash one out before Tuesday!

Not that I advocate laying into the hooch at 9am (but it can be coffee, juice, soda, etc. I suppose).
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2007-01-05, 16:30

Just as long as theres not too much Jazz at the end.
¡Damned!

2007-01-05, 16:31

It'll be noon here. I'm down with hootch.
TednDi

2007-01-05, 16:32

It is noon in NY if you have taken the day off to watch the keynote as I am sure everyone here has done, you could have a shot for every "boom" steve utters and then have a great excuse for why your credit card is maxed out. But also, no clear recollection of actually purchasing everything!

Boom!
Gizzer

2007-01-05, 16:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
That's hilarious you said that, because right after I posted my, uh, post, I thought the exact same thing..."this should be the basis for some sort of cool drinking game...there's enough predictable, expected components involved".

Not that I advocate laying into the hooch at 9am (but it can be coffee, juice, soda, etc. I suppose).
Lucky for me I live in the UK so the keynote starts at 5pm. I make a mad rush to get home, get the kids to bed, wait for the stream to come online (around 8pm local time) then sit in front of my Mac with a row of extra cold tinnies in front of me to enhance that funky RDF feeling
Mac Donald

2007-01-05, 16:37

Any good keynote has to include Roz Ho. Though I wonder how thrilled she will be if Think Secret is correct about iWork '07. I predict Roz announces a release month (not date) for Office 2007 for Mac.

Someone hacked my signature. I demand an investigation.
Gizzer

2007-01-05, 16:41

Quote:

Lol!! Don't forget the pregnant pauses. There are always at least 2! You can just hear Steve thinking "I'm sure that should have evoked mass hysteria?!"

It must be worth drinking a double when that happens
World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2007-01-05, 16:46

I wonder which clicker Steve will be using, the Big Blue or the Refined Black?
Gizzer

2007-01-05, 16:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Leader Pretend View Post
I wonder which clicker Steve will be using, the Big Blue or the Refined Black?
Ah, see now this thread is cooking nicely! These are the things the public demand to know!

...It's nice to have a thread of light hearted sanity in these insanely frantic run ups
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2007-01-05, 16:55

http://stevesremoteclicker.com/

I'm disappointed in the updates. You know who you are.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2007-01-05, 17:02

Quote:
this should be the basis for some sort of cool drinking game...there's enough predictable, expected components involved
Let me know what the rules are ASAP.
Gizzer

2007-01-05, 17:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I just followed your link. That's hilarious!!
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2007-01-05, 17:16

Gone are the days of "I just checked the feed before I came out and we have over 100,000 people tuned in from around the world, including someone at the Vatican."

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration
MCQ
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MCQ  
2007-01-05, 17:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post

Speaking of that....I feel an AN keynote chat drinking game in the making.
Let's take some bets.. more "boom!" or "woo!" during the keynote?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-01-05, 18:29

Initial rough draft of game…open to revisions/suggestions (or complete re-do if someone has the time and desire).

Gizzer

2007-01-05, 18:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCQ View Post
Let's take some bets.. more "boom!" or "woo!" during the keynote?
Wow! This is as good as "Boom!"

The drinking game is shaping up!

1. A Shot for every "Boom" (although I recommend just a sip - you'll be flat on yor back within 10 mins counting Booms!)

2. A shot for every "Woo!"

3. A double for every pregnant pause...
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-01-05, 18:38

Quote:
Initial rough draft of game…open to revisions/suggestions (or complete re-do if someone has the time and desire).

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-01-05, 18:41

Hey, is everyone here going to be on iChat during the keynote? I'll have to get on at work. Just the regular "AppleNova" room?
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-01-05, 18:47

Quote:
Hey, is everyone here going to be on iChat during the keynote? I'll have to get on at work. Just the regular "AppleNova" room?
Someone would have to remind me.
MCQ
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MCQ  
2007-01-05, 19:05

There should be something on the list for the event that Steve has to switch to a backup system because of crash/hang/act of God.
rasmits
rams it

2007-01-05, 19:10

Or, a double shot for every awkward laugh or intense glare when something isn't working as expected.

see: iTools intro for extreme example.
chucker

2007-01-05, 19:13

And "Steve announced iPod being discontinued" should be replaced by "Steve announces his resignation".
Gizzer

2007-01-05, 19:26

Quote:
Sounds good to me. Log on early. That pesky room fills up in no time...
Gizzer

2007-01-05, 19:28

Quote:

Ooo. Forum lag! Your drinking game is much better than my 3 point crappy effort. My liver is getting ready to run already!
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-01-05, 20:27

Just keep Ros Ho off the stage and the keynote will be a smashing success.