User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

I wish Apple made an official iPod Dock Stereo.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
I wish Apple made an official iPod Dock Stereo.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2005-10-19, 19:08

Seriously - does Apple know how big the market for an official iPod Dock Stereo would be?

Now, more than ever. The iPod Dock Stereo could use the new Apple Remote! It could have a USB 2.0 cable to plug into your computer (as I'm assuming most current dock stereos don't), so you could dock and rock at the same time. It would be useful for listening when your computer is off (and, of course, there's no law that says it'd have to be next to your computer). It just seems silly to buy an iPod Dock, and then a dock stereo - especially when the current iPod Dock can use a remote! And you wouldn't have to use that Dock Adaptor with an Apple-made Dock Stereo.

I bet most iPod owners don't ever buy the iPod Dock, but if Apple were to introduce an iPod Dock Stereo, and price it reasonably ($99?), I'm sure we'd see more takers on the whole dock concept.

It's just one of those things you can't believe Apple doesn't make already. There's obviously a market for dock stereos, because there are tons of third-party models. I'd love to buy a dock stereo with Apple's design.

Bonus Request: I'd dig some white iPod headphones that aren't earbuds, too. Even if I have to buy them separately. For Apple's outrageous prices.
scuttlebuttin

2005-10-19, 20:41

dock stereos out there already have decent design and there are many options. I don't really see why Apple would go into speakers since they would just be rebranding someone else's anyway.

Besides, you'd be much better offer buying a $99 Cambridge Soundworks system than most iPod dock speakers anyway.
BarracksSi
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-10-19, 20:59

Eh, I wouldn't bother. It wouldn't sound much better than a computer. It wouldn't do anything much different than the existing portable stereos. It would be a waste of hardware if you were to plug it into a bigger home stereo, especially when the new Dock can use Apple's IR remote.

Sorry to rain on your parade, though --