Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Minecraft Pocket Edition
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-08-16, 08:30

Just saw this today:
http://www.suicidegamers.co.uk/news/?p=489

Quote:

The first version (Alpha 0.1) will focus on the creative aspects of Minecraft. We have tried to put in the features that make sense for playing on a mobile device while still keeping the core of the Minecraft experience. You will be able to select blocks on the touchscreen or just scroll through them with the circle and square buttons on the Xperia Play device. The first version also supports multi-player on a local wireless network allowing you to create a world and invite friends to build together. Some of the features in this release include:
  • Randomized worlds
  • Build anything you can imagine
  • Build with 36 different kinds of blocks
  • Invite and play with friends to your world (local wireless network)
  • Save multi-player worlds on your own phone

Just like the PC/Mac/Linux version of Minecraft we’re planning to continue developing the Pocket Edition for a long time with frequent updates. We are eager to hear what the Minecraft community thinks about our new game and what you all want to see in future updates.

Minecraft – Pocket Edition is now available in Android Market (only visible to Xperia Play devices) for $6.99. Get it here!

Thank goodness they didn't release an iPhone version.
I don't need that temptation on my phone.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-08-16, 19:14

It'll be interesting to see the development of an iPhone version. Especially one that plays on worlds like ours and not local play only.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-09-26, 21:27

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd bring the ancient one back to life since it was so short lived to begin with.

Anyone out there play with Minecraft PE? Now that the Better Together update has come out and PE plays with Windows 10 edition, Xbox One and Android too I figured I would check. This really seems to be the direction Microsoft is taking Minecraft and moving away from Minecraft Java Edition.

I'm looking to figure out how to run my own server for my house since my kids like playing on their iPads. Still trying to figure out how to make that happen.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
SmartLJ

2018-10-08, 10:06

The pocket edition is awesome! But I have to admit that it ruined my life... I play it just everywhere! There is also a big amount of mods for pocket edition of Minecraft. Here is the article about one of my favorite. It's based on Pokemon series and those creatures look awesome in Minecraft.