Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Network drives disappear

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Network drives disappear
NeverFade

2007-09-05, 17:25

This is really just frustrating.

I am running 10.4.10. I actually, think that the .10 part is the problem becasue I wasn't having problems with the .9 .

Anyways, I work in an office and the macs are connected with ethernet to the central IT location within the building. Never had a problem before with the network drives, but now nothing shows up when I press cmd-K, and then press the browse button. I can't connect with anybody. the only drive that does hook up is the one that I have in Start Up items. It does, indeed, find it and places it on my desktop, which is great, but I can not connect to the others. I actually can't even see the drive ( the one that auto connected ) in the network column anywhere. Everything disappears. I can connect to the interent, to my work email - what have you, but I cannot see other drives that I need to.

I have replaced URL mount and URL frameworks from a Mac that shows all the drives, I thought that may help, but nothing. I have tried Techpro, zapping the pram, disk utility - nothing will apprear!!

Anyone have any suggestions?