User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

Looking for a super cheap T-mobile phone.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Looking for a super cheap T-mobile phone.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-07-30, 13:00

So I got a T-mobile SIM for $.99 and am looking for a phone to go with it. I want this to be a cheap as possible without dumpster diving on Craigslist. This would be a pre-paid line just to test out T-mobile in my area and to have a backup of sorts. I'm toying with the idea of moving my family's service to them from AT&T for the cost savings.

Anyway, I seem to recall seeing T-mobile phones for well under $100 but figured I'd ask here since I'm sure some here have a better eye on this kind of thing. Basically I want an inexpensive way to test them out without a contract or obligation of any kind. Any ideas or input?

I don't really care about the OS, Windows or Android are fine since this isn't to test the OS as much as test the cell service. I could use my old iPhone 4 that's collecting dust but figured there might be something newer for super cheap too.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
El Gallo
Formerly “MumboJumbo”

2015-07-31, 10:39

Go to Best Buy or some equivalent in your area. They have phones as cheap as $15 for T-mobile prepaid plans.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-07-31, 15:53

I didn't think about that. Not a bad option. Thanks.
addison
Formerly “AWM”

2015-08-01, 08:17

Just make sure it has LTE. A lot of the lower end stuff is often 3G only.